Tips for Waking Up in the Morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for Waking Up in the Morning?

This is a question for early risers and people that haven't initially been it but now are. I have a big problem waking up in the morning. My sleeping habit is pretty messed up but even when I get a decent amount of sleep lets say 8, I feel horribly tired. I'm a full time student, start school every day at 10 except Friday on which I start at 9. Despite the fact I start at a decent time, I finish almost everyday at 17:30 except Tuesdays and Fridays. On top of that I work every Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 17 to 22 and 18 to 23. Because after school I eitehr have to study or go to work, I stay up as long as I can to then catch up on some time and just relax since I don't have much time to myself. I haven't gone to bed before 1am for at least the past 2 years. That's the earliest I would go to bed but most of the time I'm up till 2 or 3 in the morning. I doubt I can change my sleeping habit at the moment but is there any other ways I could make my mornings easier? Thanks

EDIT: I need those tips because next week I'll be working Thursday also, full shifts all weekend and then the week after as well. I'm going to go nuts!
    Last edited by Gyuri87; 02-19-2009, 02:23 AM.
    NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

I have 3 alarms on my phone.

7:00 am
    7:10 am
    7:15 am

and sometimes...

7:19 am

no real motivation to get up. Its really tough.

Comment

i think it has to do with your physical activity and diet. Lots of sugar will give you energy but you'll crash and not get up. i have similar problems with waking up.

I try to jog regularly but i don't always find time. after i do though, the next morning isn't too rough on the waking up. Just on the standing up.

also see about eating foods with plenty of vitamin b12 i think. If it's the right one i am thinking of, it directly affects how and how fast your body produces energy and burns calories.

I believe thats what the key to those 5 hour energy shots are.

Comment

Are you eating enough?

I sleep 6 hours / day because I start school at 9 and I sleep like 12 am to 1 pm.
        What I do is eat a big breakfast and be on the way. I barely eat anything at lunch because I still feel full. Eat some snacks on the afternoon. Drink lots of water too. Don't drink to much beverages that contains alot of sugars.

Moderate physical exercise is a good habit as well. Eversince I started being motivated to hit up the gym everynight , I feel great in the morning. When I stop hitting the gym , I feel like a rusted balljoint.
        Last edited by ExplodingCake; 02-19-2009, 02:29 AM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

even if i get between 3-4hrs of sleep i get up quick.. its really a mental thing..i normally get 6-7hrs a nite of sleep...if you have the mentally to get up then your straight. same rules apply when you get up and your late..right or wrong?

Comment

I put my cell phone on the other side of the room with a ridiculous song as the ringtone, so I have to get up and walk to the other side of the room to turn it off. By that time, I'm pissed because I'm already awake. Works though.
            98' Mustang 3V Swap
            11' VW CC R36

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
              Are you eating enough?
              I think I eat enough. I don't ever feel super hungry before going to bed and if I do I usually get a snack. However, I don't eat super well. I would say I'm fit, you can hardy find a fatty piece of flesh on me and because I'm always on the move but what I eat is not very good. I succeeded in cutting on fizzy drinks. There are days I won't even have any but the burgers and fries are still on the menu. I also recently started doing pushups and situps before I go to bed but nothing changed.

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
              even if i get between 3-4hrs of sleep i get up quick.. its really a mental thing..i normally get 6-7hrs a nite of sleep...if you have the mentally to get up then your straight. same rules apply when you get up and your late..right or wrong?
              Not really. I'm actually pretty motivated I would say. I hate work but school is decent. I like my program.
              NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

i've got 5 alarms...trust me i know hard to get up..

most are 5-10 minutes apart

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

set your alarm EARLIER and place it away from your bed.

That way you can pretend to sleep in for 10 minutes and to shut off the thing you have to get up anyway!

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                  "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                  "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
                    Are you eating enough?

I sleep 6 hours / day because I start school at 9 and I sleep like 12 am to 1 pm.
                    What I do is eat a big breakfast and be on the way. I barely eat anything at lunch because I still feel full. Eat some snacks on the afternoon. Drink lots of water too. Don't drink to much beverages that contains alot of sugars.

Moderate physical exercise is a good habit as well. Eversince I started being motivated to hit up the gym everynight , I feel great in the morning. When I stop hitting the gym , I feel like a rusted balljoint.
                    X2
                    When I got my dog I started walking him every morning and It made me feel so much better.
                    Just remember physical excercise at work or school isn't the same as doing it in your own time.
                    Go for a walk or run at nights or mornings and I'm sure you'll feel better.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

just do it...ive noticed that my 6 hours of sleep would give me the same performance through out the day with 8 hours of sleep.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                        X2
                        When I got my dog I started walking him every morning and It made me feel so much better.
                        Just remember physical excercise at work or school isn't the same as doing it in your own time.
                        Go for a walk or run at nights or mornings and I'm sure you'll feel better.
                        You seem to forget I live in Montreal, Canada. Not NZ. It's freezing here now lol. It makes it harder to wake up and take walks and jog.
                        NEW MYRIDE THREAD

PARTS 4 SALE

Comment

Learn your body. Recognize your sleep cycles. When you wake up groggy, it's because you're waking up in a later stage. Sleep cycles typically last around 90 min. give or take depending on how much sleep you got the night before, how emotionally stressful your day has been, and several other factors. It's best to wake up as one cycle is ending. You can stay alert for 18 hours on only 4 hours of sleep if you wake up after completing 3 or 4 cycles. Ever wake up in the middle of the night, groggy as hell? It's because you have woken up in a deeper stage of sleep, probably because your body needs you to take care of something (bladder, hunger, etc.). Now, have you ever woken up one hour or so before you planned to and felt alert? That is partially because you've completed a sleep cycle and partially because your body has adapted to your schedule. You should be physically active, but the more physically active you are, the more deep sleep you will need.

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I have 4 separate alarms 1 minute apart. That and I noticed taking a shower before bed helps me wake up. Well really the less I feel like I need to do right when I wake up the better. If I can just roll out slap my alarmclocks off and put cloths on and be out the door I'm good. Also having the mindset to just want to get up and get over it. I feel you though, god do I ever.

Comment

pretty much the best way to improve you wake up is to set up your biological clock.

like you said, your sleep patterns are all messed up. so it doesnt do any good to you. when you sleep your body's immune system goes into high blast which is pretty much draining to your body hence why it does it while you sleep. when you wake up you'll feel tired.

unless you do something about your sleep schedule, you'll always feel tired. the more consistent you are (having atleast 6hrs of sleep at the same time at night) the more your going to feel better in the morning.

my alarm clock is always set to odd numbers. i dont know why.

5:03
                              7:17
                              6:33

Comment

Working...
                              X