Ban ebay threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ban ebay threads?

Ok, if any of you have visted the classifieds forum recently you will notice TONS of ebay threads, posted by people who are not the sellers. Not only is this annoying, it also helps drive up the prices of already expensive items. I think we should have a ban on this sort of activity. I think it would be fine if it were you own auction, but posting auctions for other people is just ludacris. In favor, not in favor?
    Yes
    56.25%
    No
    43.75%
    Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
    The cb7tuner.com OG.

Ummm... I like the funny ones. But otherwise, yeah, let people search for their stuff just like the rest of us.
    -Jay

Comment

Maybe there can be an area for E-bay threads

But i agree, they are annoying

Great achievements result from great effort

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
        Ummm... I like the funny ones. But otherwise, yeah, let people search for their stuff just like the rest of us.
        i have to agree on this one if its not your auction please dont post up ebay threads i know lots of you guys are looking for jdm parts and are very rare to find but once listed on ebay you dont want to pay ridicolous money for it because someone listed a thread up and evryone fights for it so it goes quite high,, i know you hate to pay twice the value of something thats not even worth much ... and some of you cant afford it .. i trully agree with the ban of the ebay threads unless its your auction .. i really try to help out all of you guys am not all about making huge money of stuff as some of you know i let things go dirt cheap to help you guys out hook up your car .. second am not about whoever give s me the highest deal unless its on ebay which i dont have control off .. but if there a request for something that i get and someone offered me twice the value i wont sell it to that other person i rather sell it to the 1st person who had dibbs 1st ...as timmyotool knows what am talking about .. . please guys stop the threads its only fair for the rest who really need somethibg when i dont have it .. or even usdm parts too ..
        "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

So you guys are refering to me. I like looking out for you guys on ebay items. Hell some other members have found shit that i havent before. I dont see them as a problem though. I at least list them as [ebay]. So dont click it if you dont want to see it. So i will continue this until there is dedicated section for this. As far as the other members listing ebay items, i am not responsible for their post. Pm them if there is a problem.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Originally posted by 4drcord
            So you guys are refering to me. I like looking out for you guys on ebay items. Hell some other members have found shit that i havent before. I dont see them as a problem though. I at least list them as [ebay]. So dont click it if you dont want to see it. So i will continue this until there is dedicated section for this. As far as the other members listing ebay items, i am not responsible for their post. Pm them if there is a problem.
            This wasn't directed you at all. You are part of the problem, but there are many others doing the same. I know I have been watching items for days, and then some tool posts it on here and the price shoots through the fucking roof.
            Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
            The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Down with Ebay threads...

I have lost out on so many things because someone posted the link and the price went retardedly out of control afterwards...I can't prove it 100% but when the price suddenly skyrockets after being plastered around on a board... logic would tell you that the sudden influx of early bids might have inflated the price a bit...

My opinion is that if you find something superkewl and just have to tell someone...maybe take the time and tell a friend/member who may appreciate it or has been looking for awhile and tell him to keep it quiet...

I've done that for quite a few people...the last one I remember passing on was to Primo... I linked him to a CC2 VIN plate because I thought he might want to take the CC2 conversion a little further...and I told no one else...
              RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

it kinds ruins the fact of searching and finding a good auction until someone posts it in like 3 forums and ppl bid like 300 bucks on your "JDM" grill or whatever.

if you are not the seller of that auction, then u cannot post it.

funny ojnes shall be posted in the off-topic...
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

voted yes

I agree, posting ebay stuff just kills it for the person that took the time to search for what they wanted on ebay. If people really wanted or needed the item in question, why didnt they find the item on ebay themselves.

Comment

Okay...this thread almost got deleted because of all the flaming.

It really needs to stop, and if there's another flame this whole thread WILL get deleted.

Okay, enough of that

My Opinion.

I don't like it. I am aware at what this post is directed at. Like when you post the links, and then ask for the parts from a member for cheaper. I have definitely lost out on auctions because they got posted and skyrocketed. I mean fogs, poles, all that. I was able to get deals on stuff, but its part of knowing how to search.

Freedom to post whatever, yes it comes along with being on the board. But in the same its a respect thing I think. I mean I remember in the JDM topic, people were making deals as far as who would bid on what, to keep teh prices relatively low.

I just think more than anything it seems to be the member who is recently posting this stuff, but asking for it in the classifieds that is irking most of the people on here.

I just think that the prices should be as low as possible to help everyone out.

Just my $.02

Comment

i like the idea of posting ebay items in the classifieds section, helps out w/ people who dont have as much time to search for stuff and other people

there is a solution for this though, we dont have to ban these threads and we could make an ebay thread

but i think that if you find something on ebay like jdm one pieces, just post a thread about that you know someone that is selling jdm one pieces and pm me if you want info, then you can give the link to ebay

this could work for people that REALLY want the item other then people doing spur of the moment bidding on ebay.

just what i think, could be way off and not work, just what i think/had in mind
                      Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

give me a thread then

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

here are some 92/93 red/clears that have not been seen on ebay for awhile

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33716

Comment

hahah i cant believe you posted that. i love you !!!!! i should post some up

JDMED

buy my jdm part

Comment

someone buy these, everyone needs some red/clears

im a power ebay seller

j/k, but seriously, i think we should be able to post whatever we want and help out other members
                              Last edited by TEckert; 11-13-2004, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X