Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision, decisions...WWYD??

Long story short...

My mom has told me that she will match whatever i sell my car for. Or she'll give me whatever to reach like $4000 and buy something else.

She doesnt have a hatred for my car, she knows the time and money ive put into it, and she knows the comradary[sp?] i get from the site. She just knows the trials and tribulations ive been through with this car and wants me to have something nicer and more reliable.

My car has been giving me problems from almost from day one, and while, the first thought, a new engine, would solve 95% of my problems, this really has me thinking.

For $4- or $5000 i could get something newer and more reliable. Or i could put a nice down payment on something like $8- or $9000.

I love my car, and everything and everyone ive come into because of it, but at the same time, id like, for once, to be able to nto have to worry about whether or not ill make it to work or home, from a long trip.

I know some of you will tell me to keep it, and some of you will say to use it to my advantage, but id like honest, un-biased opinions. Try to put yourself in my shoes, or if youve been there...What would you do?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Well, i got a new car since my cb7 was gonna cost 5k to repair. I got an 08 Taffy Civic, but im not paying for it >.<

As for you, its all personal. I would of loved to keep my cb and put an h22, bronze rims, and a lip kit. Then i would have to worry about other things going wrong like its suspension and such that was gonna cost a shit load to fix.

With my civic, i love every moment of it. Its not an SI, but at times im glad it isnt since i still have a heavy foot.

In all, if you can afford a new car or a reliable car, go get it. It feels good to be stress free.
    www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

Well, it does have high miles, but im starting to get a good number of goodies on it, not to mention, the ITRs, plus ive got a set of EXs with brand new Blizzaks on them. I was hoping for like 22 or 23 as-is, then maybe 24 or 28 with the extra rims.

I thought about moving up to a newer accord, but if i did that, id wann keep my ITRs and Blizzaks.

I havent really looked at other cars, nor have i been looking, but im not even sure what kind of car i would get. Ive always wanted a 6G V6 coupe, but even the older ones, are still like $10k+ or they have high miles.
      Ive thought about going Toyota or Mitsubishi....

I dunno..

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Im thinking Honda or Acura. Like late-90s-ish.

My brother got his '00 Taurus for $5250 with like 150k on it. My mom got her 01 Jeep for $8k with 65k on it.

I could put money down on something newer. I really want a 6G v6 coupe. Maybe older TL or CL. Maybe older Lexus GS300...?

It may not even happen, it was just a serious spur of the moment thing.

Comment

Having a newer car is nice, but it'll be the same deal when things start to go wrong with it down the road. And it'll be worth less at that point.

With the Accord, its already not worth much, so it'd be cheaper to do the upgrades (New engine, paint, suspension) instead of spending the money on a newer car. And fun if youre into it.

See if Mom will contribute to the "CB7 Restoration Fund"
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

No, she wont.

Its now a solid $4000, so long as i promise not to dump it into my CB. I found a 98 V6 coupe. PW/PL 152k, for $3700. Id LOVE to have that.

If i could keep the CB and project it, thatd be cool.

I want something newer, reliable, decently fast and "grown-up" while at the same time being fun, and tune-able. Hence why i like the 6G coupes; v6 or f23 itll still have a little pizazz while being easy on gas and a good aftermarket, but also being newer and cleaner it has a "grown up" look. Not to mention its a black coupe.

I just dont wanna give up the CB. Its been 4 long year;, ive been to AZ and back; im just now starting to get it in the "right direction" lol...and if it werent for Joe and his CB i wouldnt know any of you.

I know selling the CB wont mean i cant come around here, cuz TBH, ill probably just hound everyone here with questions about it.

I have a brand new set of Blizzaks and a set of ITRs and i really dont wanna give those up...

:/

Comment

Can u save up a little longer for $5-6K to get a 97-01 Prelude? That would prob. be the closest spiritual successor to the CB. Plus it has the H, and is pretty cheap to keep running.

It really depends on what you want out of your next car. I am looking to spend about the same on my next car, but it has to be auto... so I'm getting a 1st gen 3.0 CL. I would figure out exactly what you want in your next car, and find out what fits the criteria within your budget. Good luck!

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

That 6G v6 coupe fits everything i want. Its in my budget, its the car i want. Color, engine, body-type and everything.

Ive contemplated an older CL or like 99/00 TL but...meh.

Ive thought about a Prelude as well, but so far i havent found any within my budget.

Comment

i had the same thing go on too a few years ago lol my dad said he would get me a new car and i looked into getting a pilot but i love my cb tooooo much now even with the problems lol

i say to keep it man and if you can get a new car for a dd and project the cb
                  back at it again

Comment

It would be sweet if she'd help you out with a reliable DD, and still let you keep the Accord as a toy. Approach her about it.
                    Explain that you won't mod the new car, but that tuning is your hobby, your release. (I had issues with the wife being jealous about the coupe last summer when it was all coming together. To be honest, I was a little obssessive about it, but it paid off. Including the wet kit I just bought (which arrives tomorrow!YAY!) I have less than $1600 in the entire thing.) When we talked about it, I told her this was my hobby. Some guys are into sports, some guys are into guns, some guys do wordworking or yard work. Cars are and have always been my thing and the coupe is something special to me, we share a bond I've never had with another car, including my 11.5 second '70 LeMans (R.I.P.). I've even considered trading it a couple of times for a Conquest or Starion, but I can't do it now, I have too much love in it. Well, maybe if the right one came along.

It can't hurt to talk to her about it.

Comment

i got about 4k right now i'm getting a 97+ prelude =)

Comment

I may in fact project the CB. Or if i dont project it, ill just put all th JDM goodies on it, lol.

But at the same time, i dont know that i could juggle 2 cars like that. Keep up with regular maintenance and little modding on the new car, plus modding/fixing the CB...

Time will tell. I wont buy until im certain its the car i want.

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          I may in fact project the CB. Or if i dont project it, ill just put all th JDM goodies on it, lol.

But at the same time, i dont know that i could juggle 2 cars like that. Keep up with regular maintenance and little modding on the new car, plus modding/fixing the CB...

Time will tell. I wont buy until im certain its the car i want.
                          find a cheap 6G

heck i have 2 cbs but i mite sell the wag so i can find a ex wagon
                          back at it again

Comment

Jon, thank you. We've discussed it a little bit, but not much. I plan on doing that though.

jboyce, the cheapest "worthy" BB6s, within 200 miles, are like $6500+ with around 100k miles. There was a BB4(si) with 115k for $2300... Lol.

After the CB, the CG coupes were always my fav. While a BB6 would be fun, a v6 would be even more fun.

Comment

If I can help contribute to your side of the discussion, let me know.

And I thought you were an old guy like me? How'd you get your mom to chip in on a car?

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
                              Jon, im an old guy too, remember?

Comment

Working...
                              X