How do you define 'JDM' anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you define 'JDM' anymore?

Is it the parts on eBay that are direct replicas? Or is it something you just tag on any Honda because you feel that just because it's a Civic (or an Accord) with that Green / Yellow badge that it automatically deems it to be an 'authentic' jDm car?

The reason I'm asking is because in my quest to search for another car (preferably a hatchback) every damn Civic within range of the city I live in...EVERY last one of these cars has some sort of 'jdm' part tacked to it.

Even the Accords are the same way.

They type like tHis or tack on I gotz a jdm muffla (I swear I saw this in one ad if you don't believe me read this : 98 JdM Ek CoUpE lS SwaP FrEsH f/t f/s

Someone please explain the mentality of having this mis-understanding of what JDM really is..

:edit:

just for kicks...check this out too : 95 honda civic hatch jdm
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

They are just trying to sell stuff to idiots. Same with ebay. It works or people wouldn't do it.

I saw a listing that literally said "JDM For Sale."

I sent them an email asking them if they could sell me the japanese domestic market because I was disappointed when I opened the ad and just found a Honda.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

In order for a part to be an authentic JDM part, it MUST have been manufactured specifically to be used in Japan. Japanese Domestic Market means just that. I think technically it should be made in Japan for use in Japan, but simply being made for use in Japan seems to qualify. If it wasn't made to be used in Japan: it's not JDM.

*edit* BOTH of those ads hurt my brain.

Comment

The whole JDM tagging is getting really annoying. I think some people are dumb enough to believe that if a part is made for a Japanese car, it's JDM regardless of where it was made. The other annoying this is when they just tag something JDM for a keyword cause they want more hits when people search online for the authentic parts. It's almost getting to the point that JDM sounds rice.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

i DoNt No HOw soMeone COUld WriTe LiKe this It TAkes foR eVEr

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
            i DoNt No HOw soMeone COUld WriTe LiKe this It TAkes foR eVEr
            bUt AleaSt wE lOok LIkE PimPZ

Comment

Rice Rice Rice...I like USDM NoW i Am CoOl like those ricer folk!!! And notice they were both civics. Most ppl with civics and tegs think cuz they have a fart can and wing makes it JDM lol, good entertainment for me!!!!
              The CB7 Collector.
              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

i think jdm is stupid, when people say jdm i think clean oem car
                now it seems like you have to have jdm parts to be cool
                thats so jdm yo...lol

i have one jdm part, and thats it
                S2K clear sidemarkers, nothing else is jdm

Comment

One nut on my valve cover is jdm

Originally posted by zack_odom
                  Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

jdm is cool but too bad no0ne notices when we do get jdm parts.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

'JDM' muffala

edit: my car is JDM

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
                      Honda Accord Euro-R
                      Honda Odyssey Absolute
                      Honda City I-DSi
                      Honda Stream

Comment

To me, JDM is basically referring to parts that only Japan had, such as certain OEM(I guess you can say?) switches or badges, 1 piece headlights, gauge clusters, etc... Basically parts that Honda (or any other Japanese manufacturer) put on the Japan cars, but not ours... Not orange corner lights and clamp-on mufflers.

This is also very JDM...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-B...Q5fAccessories

Comment

JDM is now used as a term to simply get people to look at a thread.

Honestly, JDM, USDM, KDM, Wherever-DM doesn't matter. If it looks good, it looks good. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            JDM is now used as a term to simply get people to look at a thread.

Honestly, JDM, USDM, KDM, Wherever-DM doesn't matter. If it looks good, it looks good. If it doesn't, it doesn't.
                            *claps* *cheering* *the crowd going wild*

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Mine would be IDM and JDM. LOL Coz the parts came from Japan but it was assembled in Indonesia.

Comment

Working...
                              X