This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
    yellow lip spoiler huhh...sorry that you dont like how my car comes stock.
    i never said they dont look good like that stock. i just simply stated that EVERYBODY has a teg type R. its either yellow, red, or white. so seeing one like yours makes it no different than the others ive seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
      i never said they dont look good like that stock. i just simply stated that EVERYBODY has a teg type R. its either yellow, red, or white. so seeing one like yours makes it no different than the others ive seen.
      lol... everyone has a teg type R in yellow RED or white? u must live in Japan then huh? maybe you should do some more research before posting..Edit..and also how does EVERYONE have 1 when there was around 3400 produced in US..? unless you live in FL or CA where i know theres a HUGE majority of them there..
      Last edited by Clean-CB7; 06-01-2009, 06:57 PM.

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
      I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

not really. go on honda-tech and see how many threads you see of accords matched to civics and tegs. hardly any. MY car doesnt look like every other cb7 up here. i dont have red/clears. i dont have "JDM" rims. i dont have a $1k paint job(no offense to any of you guys who have these things. just making a point. lol). the color of my rims is a color no one else has. the rims i have are rims that TWO other people ive seen up here have. one of them doesnt even have his car and the other doesnt post.

did i miss anything?
        just because its different doesnt make it better. u have done a nice job with ur car but i dont see u winning any car shows or whooping ass on a track, so what makes the way u do things better than someone else?

they only made a few thousand itr's stateside, however there are thousands upon thousands of cb7s. the difference is u notice the itr because it stands out, the cb7 not so much.

god this argument sucks. i quit.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Easy now guys. Anyways how in the hell did we go from wilwood brakes all the way to Accords > than Civics/Teggeys? Shouldn't we be talking about BRAKES? Oh and those Spoon Nissin calipers are hot. But seriously people grow up, wilwood makes some good shit. It might not be made in Japan but who cares. They get the job done. Plus I really don't see the need in a big brake kit, unless it's a full spec race car or just has a shit load of power and needs some reins to pull on. There is such a thinag as too big of brakes.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

oh and for the people telling him he should have gotten spoon calipers.... did u realize they use stock itr brake pads? also were u aware that accord wagon/prelude vtec calipers also use those pads. instead maple went with something that fit his budget and made a difference.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              just because its different doesnt make it better. u have done a nice job with ur car but i dont see u winning any car shows or whooping ass on a track, so what makes the way u do things better than someone else?

they only made a few thousand itr's stateside, however there are thousands upon thousands of cb7s. the difference is u notice the itr because it stands out, the cb7 not so much.

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
              Easy now guys. Anyways how in the hell did we go from wilwood brakes all the way to Accords > than Civics/Teggeys? Shouldn't we be talking about BRAKES? Oh and those Spoon Nissin calipers are hot. But seriously people grow up, wilwood makes some good shit. It might not be made in Japan but who cares. They get the job done. Plus I really don't see the need in a big brake kit, unless it's a full spec race car or just has a shit load of power and needs some reins to pull on. There is such a thinag as too big of brakes.

lol x2 to both..i dont think this dispute is going to go anywhere

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
              I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

This thread makes me want to smash my keyboard. He got some brakes, he made a stupid comment, who fackin' cares. Get over it. Just be happy that he's happy. Everyone loves their cars here. You would be happy too if you got a Wilwood BBK.
                Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

yeah i know it does. and i know about the number of ones bought state side. i was exaggerating. i never said the way i do things better than anyone else. just different. i can care less about being better. im not in it for that. i do this because i enjoy modding my car.

lol... everyone has a teg type R in yellow RED or white? u must live in Japan then huh? maybe you should do some more research before posting..Edit..and also how does EVERYONE have 1 when there was around 3400 produced in US..? unless you live in FL or CA where i know theres a HUGE majority of them there..
                  go on honda-tech and see how many threads they have that have tegs on them. everyone done changed their car to resemble a type r or something like it. everyone has a K, B or an H swap now. go to a car show. you'll see a crap load of civics and tegs with swaps and the only difference between the majority of them is the suspension, color and rims.

idk. maybe im talking out my butt. maybe its just my mentality. who knows. its just the way i see things. all i see in mags, shows, and meets is civics and tegs. all with K or B series swaps

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  thats what i trying to figure out. how'd it get from his brakes to this crap. idk...

Comment

lol x2 to both..i dont think this dispute is going to go anywhere
                    i dont think it will either. lmao

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                    This thread makes me want to smash my keyboard. He got some brakes, he made a stupid comment, who fackin' cares. Get over it. Just be happy that he's happy. Everyone loves their cars here. You would be happy too if you got a Wilwood BBK.
                    there we go. thats all that needed to be said. i would have posted up the same thing if i got me a Wilwood BBK. shnit. i would have called it baller too.

Comment

the reason i said anything about ur car at all is because u made personal claims about his car, u then stated u would rather have an accord instead of any civic or integra. u build ur car for u, fair enough... ever think that he does the same? what makes him not build his car for him? because someone else has done similar mods? ever think that the reason a lot of the mods people are popular for a reason? 90% of the time these mods are popular because they either work or look good.... why does everything have to be so different? sure its nice to stand out, but thats possible with any car if u have the personality to pull it off... i would build both a civic or an integra, and what everyone else is doing with their cars would be my last thought unless i saw something on a car that i liked.

i still think its lame as hell that everyone came in here to talk trash to maple. his car is newer, faster, and probably nicer looking than most of the people talking trash.

The Chronicles.

Comment

good job on the big brake kit maple

my ride

Comment

Battle royale!
                          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

LMFAO! Did it really come to this over waynes brakes? I'm the first one to criticize him for these brakes being overkill for the setup he's running. Its an opinion. I'm not hating on Wayne. Me and him are cool as fuck actually.

ALSO:

News FLASH!:!:!:

Hondas are not baller, kiddies. I don't care if you have 2 k20's in one crx, they are not baller. They are economy shitboxes, and self proclaimed by Honda- economy cars.

I'm not saying I hate honda's, in fact, I love my 2. But there's nothing baller about them. At all.

They rattle, they're noisy. They're ALL slow stock, with a FEW exceptions, of course.

They're not baller, get over it. Especially 20 year old ones like cb7's are coming to be.

Comment

Guess he never heard of a TL, NSX, or S2K.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                              "The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

the reason i said anything about ur car at all is because u made personal claims about his car, u then stated u would rather have an accord instead of any civic or integra. u build ur car for u, fair enough... ever think that he does the same? what makes him not build his car for him? because someone else has done similar mods? ever think that the reason a lot of the mods people are popular for a reason? 90% of the time these mods are popular because they either work or look good.... why does everything have to be so different? sure its nice to stand out, but thats possible with any car if u have the personality to pull it off... i would build both a civic or an integra, and what everyone else is doing with their cars would be my last thought unless i saw something on a car that i liked.

i still think its lame as hell that everyone came in here to talk trash to maple. his car is newer, faster, and probably nicer looking than most of the people talking trash.
                                Nobody's talking trash about Wayne. Jesus Christ man. If we were, Wayne could stick up for himself. He hasn't posted at all since this little scuffle started so let it go, he obviously doesn't have a problem with people posting their feedback.

And if he did, he probably wouldn't have even posted in the first place.

I didn't hear a lick of this "hating" you keep speaking of anyway. Opinions were shared, (I was under the impression thats what you do on a FORUM), and my opinion simply happened to be, that running 6-7 psi on a stock motor with 200k wouldn't probably warrant over 160-170 hp, and upgraded calipers and rotors would be overkill.

That isn't hating.

Comment

Working...
                                X