Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can I not motivate myself to change my brake pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can I not motivate myself to change my brake pads?

It's pathetic, really. I just crawled around with a chainsaw cutting down trees under my porch. Sprayed weed killer all over my back yard, and now I'm about to mow the lawn.

My Fit's brakes STOPPED squealing last week... as in, the wear indicator finally just gave up. Nearly 68,000 miles on the original pads. Time for a change!

I just can't get myself up to do it. I wonder if it'll hold out for another week...

See... I'm trying to hard to procrastinate that I'm even making this thread!

ON the plus side you still have the e-brake.
    Click for my ride thread.

Comment

the time it took you to make this thread ,you could have used it to remove the tires at least.

you don't really need motivation to put in work.
      if it needs to be done,just start doing it.
      Once you start you have no choice but to finish it

-->751 whp @ 27psi <--...Midnight Tuning <----

Comment

yeah, you're absolutely right.

Of course... I just went out and painted the damage from my accident... looks a little better now. Brakes are still not touched.

Comment

you'll wanna change them when they start grinding . . . maybe

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

I expect more out of you deev. That's just terrible I guess if you take the laziness factor into consideration it's not "that bad", but when the low pad indicator has even given up it's time to do something about it. QUIT SLACKING!!!!!

My Accord History:
            91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

Maybe it's because you were gonna take it and have Honda do it. Shouldn't it still be under warranty or something?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
              "The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                Maybe it's because you were gonna take it and have Honda do it. Shouldn't it still be under warranty or something?

Slacker.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                Originally posted by Jarrett
                Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Not wear items... I wish!

It's funny... I don't mind the brake work. I just don't feel like jacking up the car and taking the wheels off. Plus, when it was snowing out and I went and had my oil changed for me, they added brake fluid... which means I have to remove some, or it'll overflow.

Comment

Id do it free of charge.

My shop is right here at my house.

I'll be waiting....

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      yeah, you're absolutely right.

Of course... I just went out and painted the damage from my accident... looks a little better now. Brakes are still not touched.
                      best if you change the Pad now or you'll end up fucking the rotors, (not that you didn.t know that already) .
                      if you don't mind resurfacing the rotors later then SLACK ON .

Comment

I knew Deev had a secret 2nd life as a lumberjack!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.PHIL View Post
                          best if you change the Pad now or you'll end up fucking the rotors, (not that you didn.t know that already) .
                          if you don't mind resurfacing the rotors later then SLACK ON .

I'll just do what i did with the CB... destroy the rotors and replace em! (actually, the last time the pad wore funny, the back one wore faster... I'm still running scored rotors... Do as I say, not as I do, kids!)

The driver's side outer pad still has a fair amount of beef left to it. Hopefully it'll get me through to next weekend. This week is going to be insane with work! I think that's why I was hesitant to work hard today... my only real day off, and I have to be on the road at 5am tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            I'll just do what i did with the CB... destroy the rotors and replace em! (actually, the last time the pad wore funny, the back one wore faster... I'm still running scored rotors... Do as I say, not as I do, kids!)

The driver's side outer pad still has a fair amount of beef left to it. Hopefully it'll get me through to next weekend. This week is going to be insane with work! I think that's why I was hesitant to work hard today... my only real day off, and I have to be on the road at 5am tomorrow!
                            lmao RWD Fit .

just don't sleep on it like you do with the CB,i know drive a lot

Comment

Its simple, really.

You drive 1500 miles per week for work. I don't want to know how many hours you actually work a week.

I don't think many people would want to do anything after putting in that much time.

But ya, don't let it get too bad man then we will have to do a fix all deevs cars bbq lol

Comment

Working...
                              X