anyone here with a rooted g1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone here with a rooted g1?

i just got my computer so ive been messing around with my tmobile g1. right now i have the htc hero rom with a 2gb card and its laggy as hell. im waiting for my 8gb card to come in the mail. anyone here has done this? what roms are you using and where do you get em from?
    Last edited by tear2wo; 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

look up g1 forums there's tons of info on there, I never got into it because it voids the warranty
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Im using cupcake, No problems so far. Been 3 weeks already.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
        Im using cupcake, No problems so far. Been 3 weeks already.
        cupcake is the update right, if so that's what mine is running, no problems whatsoever.
        1993 Accord EX
        2011 Subaru STi

Comment

cupcake is i believe a hack. but htc doesnt have problems talking about it?
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I just checked, firmware version 1.5
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

cupcake is the rom, Just like hero. Replaces the stock rom. I like the layout of it. There was too much stuff involved with the hero upgrade to me. Thats why I didnt bother.

Comment

i had cupcake. then i rooted it and got the htc hero rom. it was great because it gave me multitouch and a way better touch keyboard and flash in the rom (so you can play games using the browser) . but it lagged alot with my 2gb card. then i tried to root it using cyanogen 3.9.7 and i cant so im using the first firmare on the g1 for now.

this is confusing

Comment

okay im bringing back this thread since i noticed more people are planning to root theyre g1's or mytouch 3g.

currently i dont have a g1 . i bricked it trying to root it. a tip .. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOUR USING THE RIGHT FILES (especially the SPL files).

i should be getting a new 1 next week, and i will try again and upgrade to the shadow hero rom . ill use it and see how i like it, if i dont im just going to root it and use a cyanogen mod so i could atleast have multitouch and wifi tether

Comment

i have a g1, but dont know wtf you all are doing to the phone

mine works fine

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                    11.68 @ 127mph
                    417whp/375wtq
                    Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                      i have a g1, but dont know wtf you all are doing to the phone

mine works fine
                      phone hacking has been around for awhile and it unleashes features than you dont get stock. I have Moto Q and its hacked outta its mind If you learn how to hack your phone then you'll be hooked. I wont even buy a new phone without finding a forum where i can get info on hacks.
                      1993 Accord LX - Sold
                      93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                      92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                      2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                      2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                      2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                      2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                      2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

here is the hero rom on the g1. it is a upgrade that mimicks the new firmware on the HTC Hero phone that is out in the Uk. It comes with multitouch, wifi tether (use your phones 3g network to connect your laptop to) , and different widgets.

Comment

Im checking in this thread lol!

I have a Black Mytouch 3G and as of now it is stock.

I have like 12 apps and a few widgets with an 8mb class 6 card and my phone runs smooth 98% of the time. Every now and then it lags but its not enough for me to root it.

But..

i want multitouch and tethering and more widgets so rooting might be in the future.

Ill keep up on your progress tear!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                            Im checking in this thread lol!

I have a Black Mytouch 3G and as of now it is stock.

I have like 12 apps and a few widgets with an 8mb class 6 card and my phone runs smooth 98% of the time. Every now and then it lags but its not enough for me to root it.

But..

i want multitouch and tethering and more widgets so rooting might be in the future.

Ill keep up on your progress tear!
                            you can tell that the "class 6" part of the memory card is working when the phone is running on the memory card.

okay well since i have decided to get the mytouch i have been doing my research. the htc magic (mytouch) is super easy to root and upload a hero rom. it takes just one click to flash the AmonRa recovery image. In that image you have a one click button that formats and partitions your memory card for you (took me 30 minutes last time and i messed it up). You also have a one click option to convert from ext2 to ext3 (last time i didnt attempt this because it was too difficult). then you just flash any hero rom youd like. No more need to flash a new radio and spl (how i bricked my g1). the only downside is since there is no keyboard you have to use ADP on your computer to change the registry on the phone. but that comes later on if you need to do a few tweaks yourself.

as of now the only hero rom that has a workin multitouch on the Magic is Evil Hero .

hopefully i get my phone today, ill keep ya updated.

Comment

got my mytouch today. flashing EVIL HERO now

Comment

Working...
                              X