New guitar beat I am working on. Tell me what you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guitar beat I am working on. Tell me what you think

This is a beat I am working on right now. It's nowhere near finished yet. It needs a lot more sounds, patterns, and then mastering. I just wanted to post it up and see what everyone thinks of my guitar playing skills.
    Tell me what you think!

Click lo-fi if your internet connection is slow and hi-fi if it is fast
    lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=8057105&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=8057105&q=hi
    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-04-2009, 03:17 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
    Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
    My member's ride

Sounds good so far man. Let us know when you're finished with it.

Comment

I like it. Is that the sort of thing you were talking to me about a while back?
      I still want to get some things recorded for you. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to mess around with it.

Is that a real guitar, or synthesized?

Comment

I dig it.

Man i need to come by and jam out sometime, its been so hectic with school and wedding planning.

Keep it up tho for real.

Comment

i like it. sounds sweet

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

Beats got a good feel too it. Love the guitar! Props dude!
            My FB Page - http://www.facebook.com/hellaflush3d

My 3D Work --> http://samauripizzacats.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
              Sounds good so far man. Let us know when you're finished with it.
              Thanks man. I will post up the finished version when I am done.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I like it. Is that the sort of thing you were talking to me about a while back?
              I still want to get some things recorded for you. Maybe I'll have some time this weekend to mess around with it.

Is that a real guitar, or synthesized?
              Haha nope that is not a real guitar. It is synthesized. I tried to trick everyone but you caught on fast.
              I think I talked to you about something like that. Let me know as soon as you get something recorded. You can send that over and I will make it sound great Even though your stuff sounds great to begin with

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
              I dig it.

Man i need to come by and jam out sometime, its been so hectic with school and wedding planning.

Keep it up tho for real.
              Yea man I know how it is. I have been busy myself lately. Just let me know when you are free one day.

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
              i like it. sounds sweet
              Thank you sir.

Originally posted by Lynx View Post
              Beats got a good feel too it. Love the guitar! Props dude!
              Thank you. The guitar was played on my keyboard. I tried to trick everyone into thinking it was a real guitar played by me lol. That guitar emulator that I have sounds so good. It is really hard to tell the difference between it and a real guitar.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
              My member's ride

Comment

It really does sound good. You did a great job faking it!
                After hearing that, I played for a little bit. I have some ideas. I just need to get them recorded!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  It really does sound good. You did a great job faking it!
                  After hearing that, I played for a little bit. I have some ideas. I just need to get them recorded!
                  Lol thanks man. I'm such a great faker .
                  Get that recorded! Do you have a D.I. box or pre-amp to record guitar right into your computer? If you do have a way to get the guitar in, here is a great free program to record it with:
                  http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
                  It's very similar to Pro Tools but 100% free
                  Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-04-2009, 08:17 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

I have a whole amateur studio in my guest room... but I have no idea how to use it. It all belongs to my guitarist. I'm considering buying it all from him. Not sure yet.

I might just pick up a cheap digital 4 track.

I've always meant to get a DI box as well... as that's the best way to record bass. Guitar, not so much. A mic'd amp is much better, at least for the style I've always played.

Comment

Wow you should try to buy all that and then learn to use it. You can get a cheap M-Audio digital 4 track on eBay for a good price.

The thing with recording guitar out of a amp into a mic is, you are getting the characteristics and ambiance from the amp itself. If you record the guitar right into a DI box, you then can do basically whatever you want to the sound AFTER it is recorded into the multitrack.
                      You would want the sound as flat and un-effected as you could get it to start with a perfectly clean slate.

For example, you can use a plugin like Ik Multimedia Amplitube that simulates different amp/cabinet combo's. So you can actually switch the amp/cabinet inside the program to get a different sound with the guitar after it is already recorded. It is as simple as just clicking different presets for different combos or adjusting the settings yourself. When you record out a amp into a mic and then want to put effects on the guitar, you always have to start with the recorded guitar that already has its own natural sound that is effected by what the amp puts in it from the start. This is ok if you are just using the guitar with outboard effects but if you want to fine tune in a recording program, it is not the best way.

This is what the plugin looks like:
                      Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM.

My member's ride

Comment

Awesome. Love the beat.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
                          Awesome. Love the beat.
                          Thanks man. Glad you like it.

My member's ride

Comment

beat sounds really good man, I was bopping my head. I was wondering if you any good sites where I can just go mess around with some beats, preferably a free site and I'm a complete newbie, but would really like to start.

SOLD!!
                            Boosted H22
                            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Definitely a good start!

Hey Deev, you need to download Guitar Rig.. hehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X