Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bisimoto header dyno results are in. 27whp!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisimoto header dyno results are in. 27whp!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143273

I figured this is something that should be spread around... as it completely blew me away. We FINALLY know what the Bisimoto header can do! 27whp!

The gains were seen UNTUNED, on a BONE STOCK F22A1 on 87 octane. Stock cat, stock exhaust. That means if you have NOTHING done to your car, this is roughly the gain you can expect.

You will NEVER see gains like that from a single bolt-on mod.

Right now, there is a group buy going on. You can have this $1300 header for $630. However, we need FIFTY people to make this happen! I know that's a LOT of people... I know that a lot of the serious tuners on here are swapped or boosted as well. However, if you've been considering building the F22A, this is the time to get this monster of a header! You could easily spend $600 on 4 or 5 other parts that won't give you that much of a gain combined!

Also, this gain was untuned, and through a stock exhaust. Open up that exhaust, and the gains will be greater. Tune the ECU, much greater. Add a cam, H23 intake manifold, bored throttle body... now we're talking. Port and polish that head, drop in some higher compression pistons... you've got a monster.

Please direct any questions to robert@bisimoto, rather than asking in this thread. I can't answer very much for you, and unless Robert or Bisi participate in this thread, there's no additional info to be had here.

I'm impressed with the results! Makes me wish I knew where to sell a kid (or a kid's kidney! ). I'd gladly spend $630 for that kind of hp increase if I had the spare cash.

Comment

O so how i wished i hadnt had swapped to the h23 now
      h23a3 lxinks

Comment

The F22A header will fit on an H23 or F22B DOHC... can't say if the gains would be the same, though.

Comment

hmm wonder if i could cut off the flange and weld an h22 one on haha

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The F22A header will fit on an H23 or F22B DOHC... can't say if the gains would be the same, though.
            i forgot about that and the only one that will be able to tell me is Bisi
            h23a3 lxinks

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              hmm wonder if i could cut off the flange and weld an h22 one on haha
              Yeah, I am waiting on the h22 header.

Comment

i wish it was tax return season...

Comment

Beautiful.

Comment

Damn I might take some moped money and buy myself one.

Comment

wow , thats pretty impressive .
                      if i still had a cb that wouldve done wonders . any results on a tuned engine ?

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                      - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

not bad results, but these major gains are at damn near redline. the peak power is still only about 117whp, which is 55whp less than my bonestock h22w/stock cat and exhaust. give that same h22 a good header and exhaust, still 100% untouched internally, and i'll be making 200+whp.

Comment

Oh yeah, no doubt. The H22 header will work wonders as well.

But don't forget, this is with a stock exhaust and intake. The only thing done to this motor is the header. An intake and exhaust added to that motor would show significant improvements.

The F22A head is actually capable of outflowing the H22A head when modified. And the great thing is that the F22A heads are EXTREMELY cheap, and easy to come by. A header that makes this sort of power on a bone stock motor is well worth the cost at any point in the modification process, and it will be a key part in any build.

I'm still waiting for Cisco to get his car properly tuned. He has one of the first Bisimoto headers, and a fully built engine. He has other priorities right now, though, so he's not able to spare the time or money to dive back into that project at the moment. I'm expecting about 250whp from his motor.
                          GraniteCB7 also has a Bisimoto header, as well as a cam and a few other mods. His setup would be a more real-life example for most of the tuners here. He didn't cheap out on his setup, but he also hasn't put what would be half a year's income for most of us into it! (yet )

Comment

Hot damn. Just imagine the F22a with the H23 intake mani, Delta 272, and that bisi header. Jeez that would be one hell of a motor. Plus maybe a 50 shot with a nitrous cam. Should put down some numbers that will send an H22a crying back to JDM land.

Comment

The average H22A only makes about 165whp.

The F22A1 comes in at 110whp, roughly... we'll say 100whp to allow for wear.
                              So, with this header alone, we're at 127whp. An intake, H23 manifold, and 2.5" exhaust would most certainly open up another 20whp, I would think (I'm augmenting the figures based on the header... I'm really only guessing). Add a cam and tune it, and I could EASILY see it topping an H22 with intake and exhaust. The F22A exhaust ports are fairly restrictive as well... so get some headwork done and it would be one hell of a fun car to drive. (an F22A head could be had for $50 or so... hell, I got one for free from a member a while back! crzy.tuning is doing port work now. I'm sure Jose would give members here a very reasonable price for a simple exhaust port job...)

Comment

Working...
                              X