Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for the dads with daughters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions for the dads with daughters...

Ok what do you guys do when lets say your daughter wants to start dating?

In my case, my younger sister(13-14) seems to be hitting on all of my younger brother's(15-16) male friends whenever they come over. Frankly it pisses me off that she's being a whore. I shouldn't call her that but i'm at a loss of words right now.

Just on Tuesday here, she texts me and tells me she's going to hang out with her girlfriend when instead she's sitting on the side street with one of my brother's friends again. She just started high school as a Freshman so i'm sure all the boys are giving her a lot of attention.

Anyhow the kid seems alright but still he's sitting a little too close to her on the couch right now watching TV with her. Should i pull a Philip Banks and toss him onto the curb or should i be the asshole and snitch to our mother because frankly i don't think she's mature enough to even be talking to boys.

She's got a dog that our eldest brother left in her care, she never leaves him water, waits till someone reminds her to let him out otherwise he's always crapping in my bathroom. Whenever he sees me, he always has this look in his eyes like he wasn't fed the night before.

I gave her a cell phone for emergencies but she uses it regardless the situation. I'm about to take that phone away from her since she does nothing around the house to even attempt to "pay" for her usage.

Even though i'm not the parent, legal guardian or should i even be concerned
    i'm still her older brother who doesn't want to see her get hurt. Actually i think i might suggest to my mother to "ground" her because on weekends she just up and leaves the house to spend the night at her friends house without asking. She's 13/14 not 18 so i think we have that right to shut her away.

So i ask you guys with younger daughters, wtf do i do right now?
    Last edited by Leung; 09-10-2009, 06:02 PM.

I am only 23, but I work with 5 to 16 year olds..so I'll try to chip in my two cents.

How does your sister look up to you? Does she think of you as an annoyance? or as a big brother, when you speak to her, she listens?

if it's the first one, talk to your mother. Sometimes mother talking to daughter can yield better results than you kicking every boys ass ( even though, thats my option if I ever have a daughter). However, if she honestly listens to you when you talk to you, try to speak in her language, dont be like " well I am gunna kick any boys ass" just say I think youre getting a head of yourself and you need to calm down, you dont need to be another statistic when it comes to single, teenage mothers.

Let me think more..I am in class right now and getting funny looks at how fast I am typing.

Comment

At 14 shes gonna start dating...whether you like it or not.....theres not much you can do other than talk to the boy and let him know how things are gonna go down.

Otherwise just stop worrying about it.....There really isnt anything you can do that wont end up in your sister being pissed at you.....just gotta accept it and move on.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

You should always be concerned, youre her big brother. She might not realize it but youre there for a reason, she doesnt know it yet, but when she gets into a jam, and no one else can help her, she will come to learn that she can rely on you.

At least that is how it is with me and my younger sisters. You fuck with them, you fuck with me. I have already been arrested, charged and convicted for assault because one guy decided to get gutsy with my sisters when they were not welcomed.

Comment

well i dont have any children but remembering my childhood i know if i up and left on the weekends, used a cell aimlessly and starved the dog, i would have been grounded. especially at 13.

personally id pull the guy aside out of her view and put the scare into him for being so close. then let him know u are watching. isnt that the big brothers job? lol

and take the cell away...

Comment

But we all know how that shit goes down, were 16 and we think we are king shit.

Personally I think you should answer the door with a .45...just like Bad Boys II...with Martin Lawrance. Then see what the mofo does.

Comment

Man, I will agree with b07. if I did any of that shit, i would have had a 2x4 coming at me. Yeah i was spanked with a 2x4 and a 4x4, and I'll be honest, you learn quick.

Comment

Save yourself ALOT of trouble and DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHILD TEXTING! As for the dog, that sucks. She seems too immature to be dating.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                  Save yourself ALOT of trouble and DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHILD TEXTING! As for the dog, that sucks. She seems too immature to be dating.
                  too late, texting is part of my unlimited plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                    too late, texting is part of my unlimited plan.
                    Oh dear god. My gf's sister just turned 14 and got caught "sexting" with some 15 year old. Little kids are growing up wayyyyyy faster than ever.

Comment

great....

Comment

Befriend her male companions.

Comment

MDJ brings up a great point. Leung, are you Korean?

Comment

actually i'm Vietnamese.

Comment

Sorry, I made the assumption since the girl in your sig is korean, you might like your own kind...

So back on topic: what are you thinking?

Comment

Working...
                              X