Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for the dads with daughters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
    Oh dear god. My gf's sister just turned 14 and got caught "sexting" with some 15 year old. Little kids are growing up wayyyyyy faster than ever.
    Kids these days are so fucking stupid. They for some reason give their trust to someone who they most likely will break up with. Then when they break up the other person spreads the pictures around to get back at them. Honestly OP as a kid myself ( 16 ) i would reccomend getting rid of a texting plan for your sister. I see kids all day texting in class or just texting all sorts of things they shouldnt be texting. It will just save alot of trouble + $$$ to get rid of it for her phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Kids these days are so fucking stupid. They for some reason give their trust to someone who they most likely will break up with. Then when they break up the other person spreads the pictures around to get back at them. Honestly OP as a kid myself ( 16 ) i would reccomend getting rid of a texting plan for your sister. I see kids all day texting in class or just texting all sorts of things they shouldnt be texting. It will just save alot of trouble + $$$ to get rid of it for her phone.
      good to see im not the only young person with information to help im 17.. but back on subject.. first time i meant my gf father (weve been together for 3 years now) he took me into the other room and gave me the scariest speach i ever heard in my life like about about shit my pants.. so i think you should take him into the next room and scare the shit out of him... tell your mother about how she is.. take away her texting.. and if she wants to sleep at a friends house you take her there and you talk to her parents/ or just have her make them stay at you house
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

i have a lil sis, just started senior year in hs. Boys are not allowed at my moms house and she hardly gets enough time away from home, however, she does have a boyfriend and she has been boy crazy for awhile now. I hate it to the max but its a part of life. Just tell your parents and let them handle it but you need to give her the "talk" so that she knows that boys are not care bears and can fuck her life up if she makes stupid decisions.

Comment

But what do you do in the situation where the parents are non existant or dont care? ( this is hypotheical...not real)

Comment

heres something..

next time they're at the house...strike fear into him...

let them sit by each other but if they get too close...you fucking go up to him, dont say anything, grab him, drag him out of the room and tell him whats up. thats what I would do. I dont know how your self control is. Mine is usually pretty good except when it comes to this shit. then my instincts kick in.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
              heres something..

let them sit by each other but if they get too close...you fucking go up to him, dont say anything, grab him, drag him out of the room and tell him whats up. thats what I would do. I dont know how your self control is. Mine is usually pretty good except when it comes to this shit. then my instincts kick in.
              i'm usually reserved. i don't speak out unless i'm pushed to the edge.
              My friend warned me this day would come. I think i'm just going to go upstairs and have a chat with dood and let him know what's up, then i'll have my mom have a chat with her. Maybe chase dood out of the house so i can go to bed. i don't feel comfortable with him still here while i'm asleep. who the hell knows what's going through their heads right now. ugh..

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                heres something..

IMO That is not what you should do. Scaring him is going to make her hate you, and it will also cause them to go behind your back and be more secretive about the relationship, making it harder for you to know whats going on and exactly what she is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
                  IMO That is not what you should do. Scaring him is going to make her hate you, and it will also cause them to go behind your back and be more secretive about the relationship, making it harder for you to know whats going on and exactly what she is doing.
                  Well it turns out the guy left already. so i go upstairs and i calmly explained to her that i was uncomfortable with her doing the things she's doing, i.e. bringing guys over. I told her that mother expects her to concentrate on her studies, keep the house clean and the dog nourished and if she's going to be hang out with guys, that she's not going to be able to do that because of her "maturity" level, from my point of view. Also i explained to her about lying to me the other about "hanging" out with her girlfriend that that was totally uncalled for. I might not be the parental figure but i still have to watch out for them in the absense of our mother.

I also told her if she's going to keep lying about things, that i'd take away her cell phone and she'll never get it back and i'll just ground her ass. I've done it before to my brother, i'll do it to her too.

oh i also told my brother that if he's also uncomfortable with her talking to his friends, maybe he should say something to them instead of allowing it by not saying anything to them.
                  I think i'll still talk to my mother about this and tell her she needs to have that chat about girls and boys because it's only time.
                  Last edited by Leung; 09-10-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

How did she react?

I think she is just gona have to learn the hard way, some girls dont list. They are going to sneak around. Let her get pregnate and live with her choices. All you can do is try and protect her and let her know that someguys just want to get that, and not to focus on boys.

Why do your parents not intervine(sp?)?
                    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                      How did she react?

I think she is just gona have to learn the hard way, some girls dont list. They are going to sneak around. Let her get pregnate and live with her choices. All you can do is try and protect her and let her know that someguys just want to get that, and not to focus on boys.

Why do your parents not intervine(sp?)?
                      well i went back up there to make a sammich, she said she's "smarter" than that but then i just countered that with i should introduce to you to some of the girls that i work with. Those girls didn't finish high school, and they are barely 19 yet and they are knocked up or had been and now they are stuck making 8 bucks and hour for who knows how long. I tried to explain to her that she's only 13/14 i can't remember anymore that she should be paying attention in school and that alone because neither my mother or I'm going to be around forever to take care of her.

My mother hasn't said anything because she's always working. I'm not even going to say anything about the biological father....

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                        Oh dear god. My gf's sister just turned 14 and got caught "sexting" with some 15 year old. Little kids are growing up wayyyyyy faster than ever.
                        Is that whats its called these days? Ive done that before. I have a story about that....

Befriend her male companions.
                        Exactly.

You may not be her legal parent or guardian, but it sounds like youre the eldest, most mature person in the house the majority of the time; so being worried about her is normal. Both from a parental aspect, but also as her big bro.
                        But you dont want her to hate you or resent you, because as MDJ said, she'll just sneak around and be more apt to do things that piss you off.

Just give her a heads up and tell her that you know how boys are and she needs to be careful and open and if she needs to talk abotu anything or whatever, that you are infact someone she can go to.

Originally posted by Leung
                        My mother hasn't said anything because she's always working. I'm not even going to say anything about the biological father....
                        This sounds like its one of the reasons shes becoming a "whore". Lack of ACTUAL parental units. Thus putting you in a position to hold down the fort, but youre not "her boss".

It sucks, and for her sake and yours, i hope she is smart and is careful. Sometimes finding things out the hard way isnt fun and its hard for the rest of us to watch, but sometimes its necessary.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Whoa Whoa Whoa, lets not call the girl a Hussie yet. From what I hear she'd be more of a tease at this point in time. But the good thing is that a tease doesn't exactly mean she'll turn into a whore.

Comment

Doesnt exactly...but likely.

There's always the possibility.

She aint a hussie yet, but i guarantee she wants to go that route.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

yeah it makes it all hard for me because i've been wanting to move out forever.. when the oldest of us four moved out, basically all the responsibility was dumped on me.

I've basically reared my kid brother and sister from infancy so that our mom could go to work and pay for the house. crap man i had a daily schedule back then, wake up, go to work, go home, eat, pick the kids up from school and then feed them, help them with their homework, go to bed and repeat. I've been doing that for the past eight years ever since i got out of high school.
                              Hell when i was in middle school, i had to push both kids in a stroller to the baby sitter on my way to school. Since they are in high school now, things have loosened up for me. i can actually go do things now with my friends instead of being home all the time but shit man.. i have terrible skills with meeting people(women). No body wants to date a 27 year old who lives at home with mom and has kids who aren't his kids.

I think i need therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                                yeah it makes it all hard for me because i've been wanting to move out forever.. when the oldest of us four moved out, basically all the responsibility was dumped on me.

I've basically reared my kid brother and sister from infancy so that our mom could go to work and pay for the house. crap man i had a daily schedule back then, wake up, go to work, go home, eat, pick the kids up from school and then feed them, help them with their homework, go to bed and repeat. I've been doing that for the past eight years ever since i got out of high school.
                                Hell when i was in middle school, i had to push both kids in a stroller to the baby sitter on my way to school. Since they are in high school now, things have loosened up for me. i can actually go do things now with my friends instead of being home all the time but shit man.. i have terrible skills with meeting people(women). No body wants to date a 27 year old who lives at home with mom and has kids who aren't his kids.

I think i need therapy.
                                I hate parents who dump the responsbility of their younger kids on their own kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X