Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you non-LSD having guys do for traction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you non-LSD having guys do for traction?

It's getting quite annoying that I can't get any real traction until the end of 2nd into 3rd gear. My old car had a phantom grip, which helped a lot off the line. This car is stock, so it's making quite a bit less power. But I still can't gain traction for shit. If I was to ever race, I'd be letting off by the time I hooked.

Is there anything you can do to help a one legged car?

And I don't just floor it off the line, I do know how to drive. But even feathering, I'm not getting anywhere fast.

keep it straight

Comment

What kind of tires do you have? That could make a HUGE difference. If its stock, you should be able to find a better gripping tire.

My car runs excellent, and it is pretty much stock (cheap muffler, gutted intake) and I can't burn through second unless its raining. Or a really really tight corner (no weight on the inside tire). The next step would be to upgrade your suspension so that you don't have all of the weight shift to the outside.
      RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

jump out of the car and lower the psi to 25.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Tires, Poly motor mounts, and engine torque damper are good places to start...but mainly tires. Also, a stiffer suspension will help.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i dont know the exact model, but theyre some decent dunlops, 205/50's, and ive got fnf 2's, so i dont think the suspension is an issue.

am i just doomed to spin tires? ive never had a nonlsd car before, so i wasnt aware it was this bad.

Comment

the clutch probably engages too quick. in the rain, ive done a 3rd gear burnout through the intersection lol
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang View Post
                i dont know the exact model, but theyre some decent dunlops, 205/50's, and ive got fnf 2's, so i dont think the suspension is an issue.

am i just doomed to spin tires? ive never had a nonlsd car before, so i wasnt aware it was this bad.
                I have Kuhmo ASX's in the summer (205/55) and some tein stechs.... and I can get a good chirp into second, but that's about it. Unless I'm going around a corner.... then I just let up until I'm straight.

If its that big of an issue, than just drop an lsd in there. I'm sure you could find a reasonably priced one.
                RIP

Bought from : LosiRacer2, h22anow

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  the clutch probably engages too quick. in the rain, ive done a 3rd gear burnout through the intersection lol
                  its not even that. ill lose traction from a roll, in first only of course.

Comment

hondah powr

its your tires
                    wat?

Comment

definately your tires.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

How's your camber? Even good tires will break loose more easily if you're running on the side.

I read somewhere on here long ago that if you turn your wheel back and forth just a bit as you launch, you're more likely to put power to both wheels. That could be a complete lie, as I've never actually checked to see if it's more effective... but I've never had a problem peg-legging with my non-LSD H22.

Comment

I hate my pegleg. What the hell is the point of transferring power to the wheel that's slipping? And losing traction at the top of first gear sucks. It's impressive, but I'd rather be getting the power to the ground. When it first started happening to me, it took a couple of times before I realized it wasn't a weird slipping clutch. I think I was checking it out back in the industrial park behind my apartment and heard the tires spinning when I realized what it was finally. Then I had to show it off whenever someone new was in the car.
                          I try to keep the tires right at the edge of traction. I've always heard that if you can just hear them starting to spin but not spinning, that's the best you can hope for in a launch (they'll make tiny chirping noises, it'll take a little time to get used to, but then it get's easier to find it consistently).
                          Other than that, grippier tires or an LSD are about the only options you have.

You could also mount a wheelie bar on the back end, but installed so it's always under load, forcing the front end to nose down. I can't remember the guy that started it, but some FWD racer started it at the track. Guys were giving him shit about a wheelie bar on his FWD, and not even installed correctly - he had the damn thing physically touching the ground! Then he showed them how much it took off his time because it forced the tires to grab harder. He was pushing the tires down so they had less opportunity to spin.

Do you think running a wheelie bar on the street would make me look more suspicious to the police? Hmmm.....

I'll have to go out and try the steering trick, I can see a slight weight transfer making a difference.

Comment

Have you looked into the traction bar by ESP? You have suspension and tires have already been brought up so other than the lsd that's the only thing I can think of.

Comment

What do I do? I wish I had an LSD. Actually, I'm probly gonna go with the MFactory LSD and Final Drive that they make for the H22 non LSD or non SH tranny's. Other than that, a good set of tires helps, but nowhere near as much as an LSD would.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X