i dont know what to do...help me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont know what to do...help me!!!!

ok...i just got and offer for the CB. $2500 for it the way it sits now. the guy already has a CB with a boosted H. he just wants another one for a DD. but...i dont know what to do. i was on the verge of having the suspension done. all i needed were the Megan Racing coilovers, rear sway bar, and my wagon rotor upgrade and id be finished with the foot work for a while.

but i have been wanting a CG(98-01 accord) for a while. i find them cheap on CL between $1200-$1400 but need work like body panels or tranny is bad. or i could get another CB for $500-$1000 and use the rest of the money to get the rims and suspension set up i want. keep in mind i still have MY taxes ill be doing this year.

so im stuck....should i sell my current CB and get another CB

or

sell the current CB and get a CG, slam it and rims....and maybe few other things.
    sell the CB. buy another and mod it.
    67.65%
    sell the CB. buy a CG, slam it, tint, and rims.
    32.35%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Shadow1; 01-16-2010, 03:45 PM.

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    ok...i just got and offer for the CB. $2500.

Sell it! I personally wouldn't buy a 6th gen though.

Comment

If both options include selling it, then buy another.

But if you upgrade, coupe or sedan?
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
        Sell it! I personally wouldn't buy a 6th gen though.
        lol. why not? the only problems with the 6th gens is the auto transmissions. that can me remedied with a 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by PointBlank View Post
          If both options include selling it, then buy another.

But if you upgrade, coupe or sedan?
          if i do upgrade, it'll be a sedan. the coupes are nice...but they dont fit me well., plus id end up finding a V6 model....then i'd have to S/C it. lol. thats $2k out the window AFTER i get the car. lol.

Comment

I thought you loved your car!? lol, I dunno part of me says keep it. You have work into it, but I love 6th. gen sedans too...If you were to sell your CB, I'd say the only sweetener of the deal would be getting a newer vehicle. So, if you were to sell it-that's my vote.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
              I thought you loved your car!? lol, I dunno part of me says keep it. You have work into it, but I love 6th. gen sedans too...If you were to sell your CB, I'd say the only sweetener of the deal would be getting a newer vehicle. So, if you were to sell it-that's my vote.
              i do man. i love my CB to death. lol. ive put so much time and effort into it. i swapped the motor out myself. did the suspension i dont know how many times. JUST put in new UCAs with new ball joints and poly bushings. almost had the suspension dialed in. all i needed was a rear sway bar, Megan sleeves and my brakes done. ..........*sigh*.......

and getting a CG would be nice tho. id have a smooth running car. i wouldnt want to do too much to it. nice suspension, rims, tint, and maybe a 50-75 shot for those time when someone pulls up next to me. lol.

Comment

Hmm, how about both?

life is good.

Comment

Hmm, how about both?
                  lol. i wish i could man. i would love to have my CG as my slammed DD and my CB as my weekend monster. haha. but aint got the cash for that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                    lol. i wish i could man. i would love to have my CG as my slammed DD and my CB as my weekend monster. haha. but aint got the cash for that right now.
                    Heh, who does lol. Not many of us. Well, keep us posted on what the ultimate outcome will be. You may find that no price is too great, that you don't want to let it go. Or, you might stumble upon a nice jet black 6G sedan or whatever. I guess do what you think you'll be happy with, but in the long run

life is good.

Comment

Heh, who does lol. Not many of us. Well, keep us posted on what the ultimate outcome will be. You may find that no price is too great, that you don't want to let it go. Or, you might stumble upon a nice jet black 6G sedan or whatever. I guess do what you think you'll be happy with, but in the long run
                      yeah. if i do happen to stumble upon a jet black CG, its all over. it'll be that. lol. but being that im able to find some CBs on CL for cheap with little to no work required, i dont think i have to worry much on which one to get now. who knows....we'll see.

i think i might have to take out that p12 ECU tho...dont want that going to anyone else but me. lmao

Comment

If you must sell, then sell.

But, I wouldn't get a CG. I love the hell out of them, but would rather wait until the 7th gen gets a little cheaper before I upgrade Accords.

I say get a CB9/CE1 or a CB DX coupe. I vote for these options because it's exactly what I'd like to do.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

sell the CB, an offer like that you cant let go. buy another one for less than 1k, (I paid $700, 93 EX 5spd, clean!) and save a little of the money, and the rest use to mod. If you want to upgrade, then def go with a sedan, you can find them in 5spd, but its rare. Now if get a V6, we lost you...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                            If you must sell, then sell.

But, I wouldn't get a CG. I love the hell out of them, but would rather wait until the 7th gen gets a little cheaper before I upgrade Accords.

I say get a CB9/CE1 or a CB DX coupe. I vote for these options because it's exactly what I'd like to do.
                            ive thought about a CB coupe. i would love to have one. but i have kids so thats out the window. lol. but then again they dont ride with me all that often. lol. 7ths gens look ok in my eyes, but i dont think i could get one and make it look good without gobs of cash. lol.

and no. sorry. wagons look good when modded but no thanks. not my style

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                            sell the CB, an offer like that you cant let go. buy another one for less than 1k, (I paid $700, 93 EX 5spd, clean!) and save a little of the money, and the rest use to mod. If you want to upgrade, then def go with a sedan, you can find them in 5spd, but its rare. Now if get a V6, we lost you...
                            yeah. i think i may just go with getting another CB. ill have the cash for the rims, suspension, and work i want/need done to it. i can always do the UCAs again. that was fun using my air ratchets. lol.

now ive i do get a CG V6...yeah. its over. lmao. legend 6spd swap. boost. oh yeah....lmao.

Comment

I had a CG... and honestly, the interior quality is inferior to the CB. The ergonomics and overall fit are stiff, and not as welcoming as the CB. It's not a bad car... but I let the car go with my ex, and I don't miss it one bit.

The auto transmission issues were only with the V6 models. The 4 cylinder models were fine. The only problems they had are the same problems that the CB autos have... owner ignorance and neglect. Fluid changes, especially with proper Honda fluid, aren't exactly common. Everyone knows to change the oil (and some actually do it...) but it seems that NOBODY changes the transmission fluid!

I told my ex to change her transmission fluid 3 years ago when she left. I don't think she has yet. At least I know that any general maintenance done to that car is done by 93twoodoorLX (her brother), so it's done right!

Comment

Working...
                              X