i dont know what to do...help me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
    thats my thing. i want a DD i can drop, put some nice rims on it and call it a day. if its a V6, maybe one day ill look into doing the 6spd swap. but ive been on the look out for a auto as a DD. so even a 4 cyl. CG will be fine. no H22 swap. nothing major.

put i wont do american tho....ugh. no american muscle for me. lol.
    haha.... i grew up in my dads mechanic shop around nothing but old school muscle. I have and will always want one, just depends on what i can find. i would enjoy building one more than most things. I would love to get my hands on an old 'cuda....

and your a lucky SOB finding those things for so cheap. The lowest i find a CG on CL around here is $3500 in OK shape....

Comment

yeah. your not helping the situation. lmao.
      LMAO! I told u to get a CB...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
        haha.... i grew up in my dads mechanic shop around nothing but old school muscle. I have and will always want one, just depends on what i can find. i would enjoy building one more than most things. I would love to get my hands on an old 'cuda....

and your a lucky SOB finding those things for so cheap. The lowest i find a CG on CL around here is $3500 in OK shape....
        im mean they're nice and all. but not for me. lol. to big. too bulky.

but shoot. i got on CL all the time and see them for like $1500-2k. for $2k, they're in ok shape. lol. its what i do man. i find stuff cheap. i dont make enough money to much name brand stuff. my header, coilovers, HIDs, intake, the 2 strut bars and the c-pillar bar all i got off ebay. i would have spent like $800+ if i got all that stuff name brand. and they all are holding up VERY nicely with no issues.

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
        LMAO! I told u to get a CB...
        lol.

Comment

I still stick to what I originally said man, if you're going to sell the CB try something new It can't hurt. My biggest regret is buying civic after civic, after I swore up and down the last one would be the final one. Eventually I came around, and at least tried out another CB. I prefer this platform to EG's and EK's too. They get old VERY quickly. So, If not the CG... then TURBO ODYSSEY!

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I had a CG... and honestly, the interior quality is inferior to the CB. The ergonomics and overall fit are stiff, and not as welcoming as the CB. It's not a bad car... but I let the car go with my ex, and I don't miss it one bit.

The auto transmission issues were only with the V6 models. The 4 cylinder models were fine. The only problems they had are the same problems that the CB autos have... owner ignorance and neglect. Fluid changes, especially with proper Honda fluid, aren't exactly common. Everyone knows to change the oil (and some actually do it...) but it seems that NOBODY changes the transmission fluid!

I told my ex to change her transmission fluid 3 years ago when she left. I don't think she has yet. At least I know that any general maintenance done to that car is done by 93twoodoorLX (her brother), so it's done right!
            hold up. i thought they only had tranny problems on the 4 cilinder ones and only 98 -2000. the rest were ok.... the v6 ones didn't have any tranny problems.... or so i thought till i read this......

i got to do some research about this..... i want one for a daily driver and have the cb7 as the fun car.....

shadow. i would say do not sell your cb. save up $1400 and buy another car......
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by DJ metadelic View Post
              I still stick to what I originally said man, if you're going to sell the CB try something new It can't hurt. My biggest regret is buying civic after civic, after I swore up and down the last one would be the final one. Eventually I came around, and at least tried out another CB. I prefer this platform to EG's and EK's too. They get old VERY quickly. So, If not the CG... then TURBO ODYSSEY!
              lol. aint boostin no Oddyssy. lol. and you make a good point. buying the same car over and over gets old. this is my 5th CB. 6th car all in all. i would like to move up in years instead of sticking with the same gen. i thought about getting a CD5 too. but idk on that either.

they do look nice slammed on some XXrs/Sportmax 501s. haha. *sigh* i can seem to make up my mind. lol.

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
              hold up. i thought they only had tranny problems on the 4 cilinder ones and only 98 -2000. the rest were ok.... the v6 ones didn't have any tranny problems.... or so i thought till i read this......

i got to do some research about this..... i want one for a daily driver and have the cb7 as the fun car.....

shadow. i would say do not sell your cb. save up $1400 and buy another car......

well i wish i could save up the $100 to get a CG. but sadly, i cant seem to find the ones that were for $1400 anymore. wtf? lol. ill keep looking tho.

and i thought it was only the 4 cyl that had the tranny issues.

now im stuck again. since the guy asked me about buying it, i now dont even want to work on the CB anymore....ive like lost the will to work on it. the only thing i want to do now is repaint the section i wet sanded the other day. shnit.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                The auto transmission issues were only with the V6 models. The 4 cylinder models were fine.
                Sorry to step on your toes here, Deev. But the 4 cylinder models were a problem too. Honda released a tsb, and a transmission warranty extention of 7 years/100,000 miles on all 2000-2001 model Accords, 1999-2001 Odyssey, and 2000-2001 Preludes. TSB# 02-062. Trust me on this one, the dealer I worked at, we did about 15 a month between the Accords and Odysseys. We never saw many Prelude tranny jobs.
                Last edited by 4U2H8ME; 01-16-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

lol. aint boostin no Oddyssy. lol. and you make a good point. buying the same car over and over gets old. this is my 5th CB. 6th car all in all. i would like to move up in years instead of sticking with the same gen. i thought about getting a CD5 too. but idk on that either.

they do look nice slammed on some XXrs/Sportmax 501s. haha. *sigh* i can seem to make up my mind. lol.

well not much would look bad slammed on some 501's if i do say so myself.....

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    well not much would look bad slammed on some 501's if i do say so myself.....
                    lol. i know. i like the 522s too. the ones that just came out.

Comment

lol. i know. i like the 522s too. the ones that just came out.
                      look these up, i must.....

EDIT: Pretty nice..... i like the concave style.... but the dished lips are more my style right now.
                      Last edited by Flatline; 01-16-2010, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Wow that's a hard choice cg look so sick slammed with bike racks, I say get a cg but if it was meee I would work more on the current cb I have, your choice tho good luck.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                        My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

jerkface, i had mine for sale for 2k and everyone just walked away when i mentioned the price.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

sell the cb buy a ex model and mod it.

New & Improved 93 Accord EX Coupe

what makes a man a man?

Originally posted by ric3rboi23
                            disrespect females, acquire currency.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              jerkface, i had mine for sale for 2k and everyone just walked away when i mentioned the price.
                              lol. i wish you still had it then. lol.

Comment

i do still have it, i just fixed my cutout, put two new tires and aligned it. it runs like a dream.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X