organizing your car trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

organizing your car trunk

I opened up my trunk to get a clean rag out so I could polish my wheels.. and I noticed there was a big mess lol.. its so hard for me to keep it clean.. I always have scattered tools clean/dirty rags. Wax detailer and other car spray bottles.. does anyone else have this problem?

Maybe you guys can help me or give me tips so I can keep the trunk looking clean

Aside from needing to vacuum my trunk, I have a battery, and an amp. That's it. Well, some wiring that will be relocated so it can't be seen.

Comment

Buy a tool box an empty out things you dont need. My trunk has a tool box ,some kids battery powerd boom box in it and a duffle bag. In the spare tire is an extra quart of an oil.

The duffle bag is where all the shit is kept lol.
      Last edited by Tippey764; 08-02-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

i use a tubberware container and inside that container i have my tool bag and a small 6x6 box that contains my aerosols and hand cleaner. it kinda sucks because sometimes if i put the lid on, it holds the button for the carb cleaner and now the entire car smells like carb clean for 2 days.

skateboard goes towards the back seat and i put a fender cover over my spare tire. flare, 5 D cell mag light and jumper cables goes underneath the spare. jumper pack goes on the left of the spare tire.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I've got a huge backpack that i took from my younger brother that had tons of zipper pockets and i put like small tools, ratchets and tools in their own pockets then its got 3 big pockets one has all my car detail things like. tire shine, armor all dash wipes, another has towels and rags, last one has a clear tackle box with screws, bolts, zip ties and small items incase something breaks i can do a temporary fix whenever needed. i opted for this since i have subs and a bag would keep things clean and from puncturing the cone of the subwoofer.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I just stripped my trunk out. everything. its all metal now. no carpet. no nothing.

Comment

Koo thx guys.. I'm gonna try to find a duffle bag or a backpack with lots of pockets.. hopefully I can clean my big mess up lol

Comment

its almost time for school to start so finding a bag should be simple enough with all the new school supplies and stuff and possibly get it pretty cheap since its the back to school sale lol.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

I just redid my trunk yesterday kinda funny to find this thread.
                  here is a list of my trunk items:

battery with tray (did not have tray until yesterday, just sat inside spare tire)
                  12" Alpine Subwoofer and amp
                  Distribution Block and Capacitor for stereo system
                  5 quart oil jug (yah for that h22)
                  46 pc thru ratchet socket set
                  Huge Kobalt tool box
                  toolbox with high failure items (coils, ignitors, spark plugs)
                  jumper cables
                  17" Civic SI wheel (Full sized spare)

So my lil toolbox with high failure items is underneath the subwoofer. Keeping it elevated.
                  Wrapped my battery tray with the boost addict hoodie, just for fun.
                  It actually has a mounting plate under it, then a battery tray bolted to that. and is bolted into the chassis.
                  So with the 17" full size spare, it raised the floor up a lil, actually enough to keep my toolbox from moving around.
                  So I made an elevated floor on top of the spare and this is what I am left with:

so now my dilema is when I get the ESP 4pt rear strut mount.
                  Most likely lookin at removing the sub and switching everything around.
                  Sub and battery i think are going to be in the way.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

I never have any problem with clutter in my trunk.
                    old subs:

replacement subs:

If/when I need tools, I have a small heavy duty tool bag with everything in it, and my detailing supplies all go into a pocketed backpack, so I just grab them and go when I need them. I can hide a few things in spots around the trunk if I need to, but I rarely put anything in it anymore.

Comment

God damn Jon, thats a lot of Bass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                          God damn Jon, thats a lot of Bass.
                          If ya hear me 'fore ya see me...

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                            ..a tubberware container and inside that container i have my tool bag..
                            You mean RubberMaid Tote? Thats what i have.

In it, I've got:
                            Toolbag with tools
                            Extra bulbs
                            Jumper Cables
                            Blanket

Thats about it, lol. I have a huge box in there right now, full of all my useful CB parts that NOBODY'S BUYING!

Otherwise, im hoping to keep the trunk of this car rather clean.

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                            17" Civic SI wheel (Full sized spare)
                            I envy you...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Ill post a pic of my trunk.

I have a usps sorting box with all the cleaner and nick nacks i need in it.

Then i have a first aid kit tucked away in the corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X