Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something you older guys might appreciate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turboAccordHSF View Post
    so sig material!!!!!..........

i actually read the whole thing.....all i got to say is.....

being called a ricer was cool untill they started calling non imports ricers too.....i seen people call a Cadi cts ricy......i seen people shout Ricer at a camaro with alot of stickers!!!!
    You missed the point. Rice is tacky shit. Tacky driving, tacky car, tacky anything car related, rice. Sort of like the spongebobmobile up there.
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
      You missed the point. Rice is tacky shit. Tacky driving, tacky car, tacky anything car related, rice. Sort of like the spongebobmobile up there.
      yes i know that point...but im so tired of teling people that back in the day we imports were called ricers by domestic......

what i meant to say in my opinion i liked being called a ricer because thats who i'am, but they call other plp ricers because of their tacky shit....my point is this ricer word is being burnt out not only on imports but in general.....like you stated...lol

Originally posted by deevergote
      .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

Good read...but this thread isnt going anywhere fast..

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

I think it's funny how the import scene has paralleled the muscle car scene in many ways.

-Taking family cars and modding them.
          -Painting them high impact colors.
          -Big wheels, lots of chrome.
          -Getting people (and themselves) killed stupidly racing on public roads.
          -Hating on everything that isn't part of their car culture.
          -Eventually turning on each other.
          -Growing up and realizing how much you have in common with those guys you hated when you were younger.

One thing that irritates the shit out of me is how many Honda owners feel the need to try to get me to race them, and then give me the stink-eye when they lose, or when I don't respond.

Comment

I just don't quite understand why people care so much about other's cars.

I wish people would just fuck off and do their own thing already, instead of whining about others doing their's.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
            I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
              I just don't quite understand why people care so much about other's cars.

I wish people would just fuck off and do their own thing already, instead of whining about others doing their's.
              For some people, that whining is their thing.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                For some people, that whining is their thing.
                Agreed.

Those ppl = epic FAIL

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
                White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

Originally posted by 91_CB7_Sedan View Post
                  Agreed.

Those ppl = epic FAIL
                  werd.

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
                    that car is far from tacky. hes won car shows. you havent. stfu.

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                    I think it's funny how the import scene has paralleled the muscle car scene in many ways.

-Growing up and realizing how much you have in common with those guys you hated when you were younger.

One thing that irritates the shit out of me is how many Honda owners feel the need to try to get me to race them, and then give me the stink-eye when they lose, or when I don't respond.
                    exactly what i made a thread about before. everyone talks trash about the so called "rice" in the import world but people that talk the trash dont understand they're ricers too. if its nothing dealing with performance its rice.

-tucking the engine bay is rice
                    -crazy colored wheels are rice
                    -mad camber is rice
                    -rims with a REALLY low offset is rice

anything that doesnt make your car handle better or go faster is rice. period. no one understands that and they call out others in the import world for it. i can see if you put some plywood on your trunk lid in the shape of a spoiler and used it for that reason....thats beyond tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                      that car is far from tacky. hes won car shows. you havent. stfu.

exactly what i made a thread about before. everyone talks trash about the so called "rice" in the import world but people that talk the trash dont understand they're ricers too. if its nothing dealing with performance its rice.

-tucking the engine bay is rice
                      -crazy colored wheels are rice
                      -mad camber is rice
                      -rims with a REALLY low offset is rice

anything that doesnt make your car handle better or go faster is rice. period. no one understands that and they call out others in the import world for it. i can see if you put some plywood on your trunk lid in the shape of a spoiler and used it for that reason....thats beyond tacky.
                      I have to disagree a little. Rice is anything done to a car to make it look faster than it is. Aesthetics aren't necessarily rice. By your definition, any mod that isn't race oriented is rice and that's not the case. A car can be modded tastefully for aesthetic reasons and not be rice.

Comment

The term "ricer" goes way back in time further another 2 decades before fast and the furious. Maybe not exactly ricer, but I used to hear the term "rice rocket" (basically the same thing) all the time in the late '70's, early '80s. Watch the movie Cannonball Run from 1981 with Burt Reynolds, and check out the Japanese team that was in the race.

It took a long time for Japanese car makers like Honda and Toyota to start producing reliable cars and start earning respect in the U.S. Ofcourse the haters are still around and will always be there.

My swap thread
                        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Here you go, Jackie Chan, the first ricer to ever hit the big screen. Check out the rocket.

Cannon Ball run trailer...Classic stuff here

My swap thread

Comment

We're takin' it back!

We can call each other "rica" now, and let "ricer" be the offensive term used by people that don't drive Asian cars!

In all seriousness though, the article has a point... especially when he mentions our scene growing to the point that we started tearing at each other, rather than being one proud group.
                            Like, who cares about the 5.0 down the street, when we can pick on the kid next door with the big wing?

Imports are the new hot rods. Unlike the car enthusiasts that build domestic V8 muscle, we take our cues from the tuners of old... the guys that painted flames on the sides of their cars. The guys who chopped the roof, removed the fenders, ran shiny chrome wheels (and chromed everything they could get their hands on). The guys who hung fuzzy dice from the mirror, and put an 8 ball on the shifter.
                            The V8 muscle guys just want to go straight. If your car runs 10s, it's respectable, even if it's primered, rusted, and has a ratty interior. Most of those guys, the best thing they do to their muscle cars is restore them to look like new, and build the piss out of the engine. I respect that. I like that. But they don't quite understand the allure of originality. Of the absurd.

Our "JDM" crowd is the closest we have to those "factory perfect" muscle guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post

I get it from Honda's and everything else too. Just had an LT1 Z28 rev on me and take off on me yesterday... Based on how is auto, not so good Z28 was running, it is probably a good thing for his ego that I didn't engage.

If people would just enjoy cars, it would be a lot more fun.

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
                              The term "ricer" goes way back in time further another 2 decades before fast and the furious. Maybe not exactly ricer, but I used to hear the term "rice rocket" (basically the same thing) all the time in the late '70's, early '80s. Watch the movie Cannonball Run from 1981 with Burt Reynolds, and check out the Japanese team that was in the race.

It took a long time for Japanese car makers like Honda and Toyota to start producing reliable cars and start earning respect in the U.S. Ofcourse the haters are still around and will always be there.
                              Did you read the article? He mentioned that.

Also, Honda's and Toyotas were actually very reliable from the get go, which is why they have the reputation they do. They were very basic, and cheap, and not necessarily the most desireable.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                                Also, Honda's and Toyotas were actually very reliable from the get go, which is why they have the reputation they do. They were very basic, and cheap, and not necessarily the most desireable.
                                The early toyota's (I believe late 60's) used to blow a rod through the block because they were not designed for sustained high speeds (resulting in high RPM's) on American freeways. (This info I read in a newspaper artical from the first dealership to sell Toyota's here stateside)
                                I don't think Honda had anything decent in the U.S. before the debut of the Civic. What was it, the 600 or something like that?
                                Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 08-21-2010, 03:54 PM.

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                                X