Asher Brown
    Seth Walsh
    Justin Aaberg
    Billy Lucas
    Tyler Clementi
    Jeheem Herrera
    Carl Walker-Hoover
    Eric Mohat

And all others who have had their lives taken away from them.

I'm not saying each of these deaths isn't tragic but they took their own lives. Maybe nobody took them seriously if/when they complained, who knows. Suicide is never the answer.

That said, bullying is only going to be easier and easier with technology. I don't know if it'll ever stop unless some severe punishments are dealt to bullies.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

How it physically happened is irrelevant.

Their lives were taken from them.

Comment

I agree with mchaley, suicide is never the answer.

I've been bullied and I am pretty damn sure everyone here at some point in their life has been. In my case it was close to a year and I finally said "screw this" and ended the bullying myself. Not once did I contemplate suicide... NOT ONCE.

Ever since I've stood up for people and have stopped other people from bullying.

So I don't know what to say. Bullying will probably never end, especially with the presence of the internet where people can stay anonymously.

And for those who are being bullied, there are people out there will and ready to help, just ask.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

8 suicides from bullying on record to date?

How long ago was the first suicide from bullying?

I feel bad that they felt suicide was the only way out, but I don't necessarily think it should all be pinned on bullying. Everyone has bullied someone or been bullied in some way. Most people are stong enough to not let themselves be affected by the bullying. On the other hand, the ones that are affected by it usually have someone to talk to about it and help them realize that they shouldn't allow those things to bring them down.

I'm guessing most of these suicides are from teenaged youth. They had to have some sort of parent or guardian. Parents that should have been there for their children in their time of need, but weren't for some reason. Bullies play a role in these suicides but the lack of parental guidance can't be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa View Post
            How it physically happened is irrelevant.

Their lives were taken from them.
            You must fall for anything said on tv huh? They took their own lives. They chose what they wanted to be and couldnt handle the heat? Darwin's Theory never fails

no
            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
            $30 HID kits here Thread
            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

It's sad that such young kids felt the need to kill themselves but there were other options. If they had better parents, the parents would have taken things seriously. If it were me, I'd rather not go to school (to get attention) than kill myself. There were other options.

Now, on the flip side, any kids caught bullying someone should be delt with. Maybe if you put all bullies into one class they'd learn something?
              My Car
              FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

I don't think that the negative vibes in this thread is necessary.

Iirc all these kids were bullied because of their sexual preference and because of the overwhelming disconnetion they felt they took their own lives.

I'm not here to debate what part of their preference played a part of what's wrong or right but nonetheless innocent children died for no reason.

Yes they took their own lives.

Yes that is never the answer.

Please remember they were just kids and try to think of how bad it was for them that instead of waking up to see their parents,. Siblings, and friends they'd rather be dead.

Show some sensitivity.

Comment

this is a real issue, and is not to be ignored. people need to educate themselves, only then are they truly ready to be more empathetic. it's all over the news, but many are ignorant.

life is good.

Comment

I just love how homosexuals who get bullied are always the victim. what about the other people that get bullied? thats my problem with this whole issue about Homosexuals. they say they are not getting special treatment, but they are. "Dont Ask, Dont Tell" is there for a reason...

Comment

Unfortunately, bullying is a fact of life. In the animal kingdom, it's how they decide who's the leader of the pack. The strong and mean have always gotten ahead by bullying, the meek and mild follow or get destroyed in the process. It's a sad, cruel fact, but that's how it is.
                      We as human beings, however should be intelligent and advanced enough to move past it, but unfortunately far too many of us never learn or care that we are not animals.
                      It's tragic that there are so many people that feel there is no way out of their situation besides suicide. With a more open tolerant society, with more informed, compassionate parents, relatives, and authority figures, they might be alive today. It's hard to discuss your fears with anyone when you're already being bombared by brutality, hatred and ridicule.
                      I've been on both sides of the bully issue, and I discovered that I like myself better when I'm not the bully, but it doesn't mean I have to be the victim either.
                      Some day I'd like to see intelligence, compassion, understanding and acceptance as the norm, not as an example, but I'm afraid that day may never come. There will always be people that feel they can use their strength and cruelty to serve themselves best.

Comment

^best said as always by sir williams.

life is good.

Comment

Matters not that it was stupid or the wrong choice to take their lives. It's the fact that they were bullied. I agree. More severe punishments should be made for bullying. You get caught doing it or there's enough evidence against you that have been doing it on a regular basis, you should spend time in jail or juvi.

I was a victim of bullying when I was in school. I hated it. Every day I had to deal with it. Only one time was it dealt with. Some kid came up talking trash as usual and I said "its stupid kids like you who caused stuff like columbine to happen." The principle heard me say that and the kid got suspended for a week once she found out he did that on a regular basis. Bullies need to be dealt with severely. Period.

Yall can argue that they were only bullied because of their sexual preference and they shouldn't have taken their lives. There were other choices. Blah blah blah. Fact still remains they were bullied. Expel them, jail them, make them experience. What they put on people they bully, but make them learn their lesion to stop doing it. No this isn't a vendetta against them because it happened to me. It's a vendetta to make sure other kids don't go thru what I did and the stuff like what happened to those kids doesn't happen again.

Comment

all very interesting points..

"Tucking tires and wires."
                            The Chronicles.

Comment

children need to grow thicker skin, how many of us here have been "bullyed" and not commited suicide? i have been bullyed, i was fat, a loner and all around pussy and i was picked on ongoing through middle school and high school. but i never thought about killing them or killing myself. survival of the fittest i guess

the pussification of america is going to be the end of us

*dons flame suit

174.92 BHP / 171.45 WTQ

Comment

Working...
                              X