Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Top Gear ='s

Crap

wish i could've watched it. Currently at work.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

go watch the first episode of the uk series.

what i dont like-
      commercials. thanks to the way american cable tv just works, we only get a ~45 min show as opposed to englands full 60. it absolutely felt short, like part of the show was just missing.
      which leads to-
      no news. if it felt like there was something missing from this show that the original has, its the news. thats where all the fun happens, i think. thats the best time for the three guys to have fun talking about cars and taking shots at each other; where the real chemistry comes from.
      on that note, no chemistry. it absolutely felt forced at times. at the same time, the first few seasons of the uk show were like this. jeremy, james and richard have been making their show, working together and cocking about for 7+ years. (there was no james in the first season, just some fat guy that talked about used cars) weve seen tanner, rutledge and adam in ONE show. just one.
      it took well over a year for top gear uk to become the show it is. our show, in comparison, is off to such a better start. the producers took what worked over there and brought us a similar show. if the chemistry is part a and the content is part b, weve got plenty of b, but itll just take time to get a going.

tl;dr
      quit being so fucking cynical you thoughtless, unoriginal, bandwagon following fanboy.
      Last edited by texasvtak; 11-22-2010, 01:22 AM.
      To-Do List for Today
      Be Awesome

Comment

I'm not going to watch it because i'm tired of American remakes.

I'll stick to the UK version because I love their style and originality.

Comment

^fanboy.
          To-Do List for Today
          Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by 460sx View Post
            ^fanboy.
            Bwahaha how is preferring one show over another being a "fanboy"? Everyone has different taste. Do you always get your panties in a bunch when someone doesn't agree with you?
            Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
            Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
            Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
            Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
            Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Honestly, I've hated Tanner Foust in every show I've ever seen him in lol

The other two guys weren't too horrible, some parts were cheesy though

Comment

eh...gonna netflix the original (or however I can watch it) and wait to see if this gets good

it won't have the same chemistry as the first, might turn out ok. have to see
                ____

Comment

The first series of TG UK was boring too, yet look what it's become. It kept on improving up until about series 8 or 9, then these last few series have gotten too focused on the mainstream because of their success. For serious car reviews and same-class comparisons, there's Fifth Gear.

I forgot TG US had started, I'll grab the torrent from Final Gear now! It's really too bad they dropped the first trio they had (a pilot was even filmed!). I like Foust, but Adam Corolla's awesome... and he's got world-class taste in cars.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

when is it on? i only watch recorded TV nowadays so i wanna know when to record the series

Comment

sundays 10pm ET.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I entirely enjoyed the USTG...I was entertained and I think I will be all season long.
                        if you watch it just for what it is, and not judge against UK top gear its a great show. get the sticks out of your ass. I mean fuck, we live in AMERICA for chirst sake isnt it cool that we get our own version? I think so but thats just me I suppose. Adam is one funny fuckin guy I have to say, Rutlegde is kind of a boffin, but thats ok hahaha. And Tanner is tanner lol. I watched the preivew of the season and the preview of the next episode and Im excited to see what kind of shit the three of them will wreck!

I think people need to relax and enjoy the ride! Its what I do everyday! haha
                        shootz

Comment

I enjoyed it. Was it the same as the UK version? No, but what ever is? I say give them some time to settle into it, it will definitely get better. Besides, I like wearing the white helmet and making money to thrash on expensive cars.

Comment

I thought it was rubbish.

I don't see why we can't get the actual Top Gear.

The episode was excruciatingly anti-climatic and the hosts were forcing every bit of dialogue.

The show seems to have been made by corporate America instead of cheeky humorists.
                            14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

I didn't like the viper part at all. Seemed to cheesy and fake. And the Lamborghini didn't interest mr at all.

I'll have to see more before making and decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X