Who makes your parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes your parts???

This is another reason why i use S2 parts. I am a proud supporter of Skunk2.

http://cms.skunk2.com/id/635/Haters-Gon-Hate/
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Skunk2 always been a legitimate part maker. I don't understand why all the hate on Skunk2 , especially regarding suspension .

Comment

I'd like them more if they'd release the spring rates on their springs. Every other major manufacturer does, why do they keep it a secret?

And for the R&D they do, they should/could have done a much better job on the Skunk2 springs + Skunk2 shocks. At least for our chassis.
      When I had the combo, the ride was absolutely terrible.

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

yeah i think the spring/shock combo was more thrown together than a lot of the other parts. ive had nothing but great things to say about their full coilover i had for my civic, and all the other parts i have had from them. i stand behind skunk2 for sure.

"Tucking tires and wires."
        The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
          I'd like them more if they'd release the spring rates on their springs. Every other major manufacturer does, why do they keep it a secret?

And for the R&D they do, they should/could have done a much better job on the Skunk2 springs + Skunk2 shocks. At least for our chassis.
          When I had the combo, the ride was absolutely terrible.
          you gotta remember, they dont keep large inventory for accords bc not that many people have them or are willing to spend that much money on them. if there was a larger accord. now that is by no excuse to not do proper r&d. but if there was more interest in accords i am sure the would put forth more effort.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CATMAN View Post
            Skunk2 always been a legitimate part maker. I don't understand why all the hate on Skunk2 , especially regarding suspension .
            They actually started as an "ebay" brand, and built from there. Then again, I guess everyone starts somewhere.

Why do people hate on their suspension? Oh, I dunno... maybe because they don't know what they're doing with Accords, yet they make suspension parts for us. And their shocks aren't even properly matched to their crappy coilover sleeves...

I'm not a fan of them. I've never bought their parts, and never will. I've never emailed them, added my name to any mailing lists, etc... Yet for some reason I get emails from them CONSTANTLY. I've even asked to be removed once and it didn't work.

I'll buy from a company that isn't so full of themselves, that offers better products.

The ONLY thing that might be of any use to me would be their camshafts... but I'd prefer to go to Bisimoto for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampCoupe View Post
              you gotta remember, they dont keep large inventory for accords bc not that many people have them or are willing to spend that much money on them. if there was a larger accord. now that is by no excuse to not do proper r&d. but if there was more interest in accords i am sure the would put forth more effort.
              If there's not enough demand for a particular chassis for them to not R&D, they don't need to sell that product for that chassis instead of winging it.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

If there's not enough demand for a particular chassis for them to not R&D, they don't need to sell that product for that chassis instead of winging it.

Comment

hell naw deev just pull out the like button.

joshm- i agree with you on that.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Skunk2 knows their stuff with Civics and Integras, and thanks to the H22's popularity as a swap into those, the H22. But when it comes to Accords... I doubt those guys have ever even driven one!
                    I lose respect for a company that doesn't do proper R&D on their products, and Skunk2's Accord suspension offerings make it VERY clear that they did very little. They seem to just be trying to cash in on anything they can crap out.

I'd rather see them operating more like Bisimoto... offering a fairly limited number of things for the parts of the car that they are most proficient in... and for cars/engines that they are most experienced with.

Comment

According to the video.... ask them

I didn't know Skunk2 made anything other then suspension
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Suspension isn't their specialty. They're known more for their engine components.

Their Pro series camshafts are actually pretty good, from what I've heard.
                        However, I also heard their H22 intake manifold is crap compared to the OEM Euro R manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Suspension isn't their specialty. They're known more for their engine components.

However, I also heard their H22 intake manifold is crap compared to the OEM Euro R manifold.
                          even the Ver. 2?

Comment

I wasn't aware there was a ver.2... maybe they've improved it with the new version.

That was only secondhand info from 2point6 anyway (though Scott is one of the people I would blindly trust when it comes to engine performance!)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

there manifolds are not all that great, they were really designed for motor with fully built heads and pnp. same issue with the K series manifolds the new SI manifold makes better power and is half the price.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X