Who makes your parts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
    give them some credit jeez. they make great full bodied coilovers, cams, tons of helpful parts that actually work, like their k series chain tensioners. they are much more than a company selling shitty springs. and it seems everyone who actually runs their springs/shocks has good things to say. have u actually owned them?

outside of eibach, who makes a great spring/shock combo for our chassis?
    everyone was impressed at how smooth my ride was. H&R springs with GR2 struts/shocks. car was low and never gave any problems. barely felt anything (up until i sold it lulz)

no
    Accord turbo kit under $2k here
    $30 HID kits here Thread
    "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
    "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

H&R makes great springs. That's all I've ever owned, both Sport and Race, and I was fully satisfied with them.

GR2s are not made to be used with very stiff or low springs. They hold up amazingly well given that fact, but they are not anywhere near a proper match even for H&R Sport springs. These days, with the Koni STR.T being so affordable, there's no point in getting ANYTHING else.

Comment

i like skank2 parts. Dont have any on my car but i've seen some nice stuff come out of their line and haven't heard any complaints.

Megan is so n so. yea they started off ripping peoples designs and being an ebay company. but some of their stuff is actual quality now. I have megan coilovers and cant really complain about them. They've done me good. they even cost more than Function n Form coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
          i like skank2 parts.
          "skank"2.

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Skunk2

Intake manifolds.

S2 intake manifolds are almost always a slightly different runner length version of the performance honda manifold available. While this is not necessarily a reason to dislike the manifolds, it does reduce the r&d needed to make them. Simply shorten the runner to pull the powerband to the right a little and make a few more ponies up top.

Again I am not upset about this, and the manifolds are worth it for some people.

Camshafts.
            skunk2 tuner series to me seems pretty worthless

the pro series for the h22 is great and is one of the few h22 cams with proven performance time and time again.

the pro series for the b and d series have many more competitors out there that make just as good of cams. This goes very much more true for turbo applications.

Suspension
            I don't know much about suspension because I am not looking to them for that

Chassis
            While they make a great deal of chassis parts for all sorts of vehicles, the same and better parts can be found elsewhere

Advantage
            the true advantage of using s2 is that you can get almost anything you need from them.

I hate to say this because it is just my opinion, I have no fact to base this on, but to me they seem like a company that is now appealing to the masses. I am not suggesting that they have sold out, but they will produce parts that are much more generic and apply to many applications than other manufacturers.

While semigeneric parts are good for sales, they do not fair as well for people looking for extreme power from their setup.

With a lot of honda engines this is fine, but when you are looking for something like an n/a h22 you need to be very careful what parts you pick as many of the ones available do not work well together, or even on their own.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'd rather support a company that at least TRIES to have an active role in this community (and has proven to me without a doubt that they know their stuff...)
              I have to agree with you here. Reports I read of S2's equipment are far too hit-and-miss for me to want to risk buying their parts. It's companies like Bisimoto and ESP that I fully support because of their real effort to back an unloved community like ours. Otherwise I go with brands that have been proven in various professional motorsports for years, I just can't imagine certain companies to cheap out to make a quick buck when they've got decades of reputation on the line. Koni, for one, has been making shocks since the early years of Le Mans; I believe Ford used them on the GT40 to beat Ferrari closing out the '60s. That's the kind of no-doubt proof I want in the parts I put into my car, especially considering how dangerous a machine the automobile is in the first place.
              Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-05-2011, 05:20 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

it would be really nice for them to produce a front camber kit for us. Seeing that the EF 88-91 civic arm fits i dont see why not. the civic arm is about 3-5 inchs too short. SKUNK2 are you listening

Comment

Working...
                X