So freaking mad. Old people can't PARK either! pix and story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So freaking mad. Old people can't PARK either! pix and story

So Saturday, my Dak was parked at walmart parking lot. I was parked in the very first spot, as I was only going in for a few quick groceries (I normally park in the back for this reason!) Some old fuck parked in a NO PARKING SPOT and backed into my dodge's drivers side door. I know for a FACT there was NO body damage on my truck when I got out. Call me obsessed, but EVERY time I get in or out of my truck, I do a walk around and inspect it for this reason. When I parked her, there was NO damage. I came out, and a dark red pontiac bonneville was parked there. I knew it must have taken them 10 minutes to worm their way in there, and that surely they tagged my Nina. Sure as shit stinks, there's a inch deep dent in my body line, another dent below the body line, a 5 inch wide scuff, and scratches on a $745 piece of my Stampede ground effects. The bonneville's body lines match my damage PERFECTLY, AND there is a matching scuff on the corner of her bumper. Police came and did a report, reviewed the tapes, and GET THIS, said that while her car came VERY close to my truck, he couldn't tell if contact was made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE PARKED ILLEGALY. THE DAMAGE MATCHES. THE BODY LINES MATCH SAID DAMAGE. AND THEY CAN SEE SHE GOT EXTREMELY CLOSE. How fucking hard is it to place the fucking blame and charge her so I can get my lowrider repaired!?!?!?!

Here's the pics.
    Parked:

Another of how we were parked:

Notice the diagnol lines denoting that this is NOT a parking spot under the bonne?

Pics don't get the dents very well, but here it is, sorry for dirty truck:

What do I do now guys? I talked to my insurance, but they said if turned in on mine, I'd have to pay my deductible (500) but thered be no change in premium. I don't have the $500, and I'm about to trade Nina for a new truck for my father. But I can't now because I would have been just breaking even on the trade, until they say it's worth $1000 less for the damage.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

why not just wait for the person to return to their car and talk to them and maybe make a private settlement?
    ..[CB7][STAR]..
    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

I was just so steamed, that honestly, all maturity went out the window. Instead, I thought it was better to have the police come out and do their thing. I was in no way a contributing factor to the incident, so I thought surely it would be handled appropriately and my damaged property repaired.

I just found her insurance carrier, and faxed them a copy of the police report, and told them very politely that I have pictures proving the matching damage and proving that she parked in a no parking spot, so hopefully they will work with me. Annoyingly, however, they wouldn't let me turn in the claim on it. Insurance agencies CAN turn in a claim for their insured for someone else, we had to do it all the time at state farm when I worked there. It really annoyed me she wouldn't do it, but she was very polite so hopefully this works out.

I was going to be trading my truck in a week or two so my dad could have a newer truck... Not now though.
      "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.

Comment

just had one tried to drive up the dyno ramps while i was waving my arms to stop. good thing i wasnt in front of their car otherwise i might not be typing this.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

What the fack was an old person doing driving up on a dyno?!?!

And yeah, NEVER stand infront of a car pulling up the dyno... People's nervous are usually racked up and they forget how to drive... Getting on a dyno isn't rocket science yet I've seen 2 cars fall off them lmao.

Noobs.

Comment

Damn brostuff that sucks hardcore. Two years ago I was sitting in my car on break and this old couple decides to park in the empty space in front of me. I don't get out but I sit up and look at them through my windshield. These metamucil chugging has Beene get out of the car come around the back of mine, look to see if there is damage to their car look at my car and make a dismissing handgesture. They see me don't even wave or say sorry or come over to my window or anything and leave. I was absolutely livid because this wasn't a love tap, this hit made the car rock back and forth a few times.

I know some of your pain brother. I hope everything works out for you dude.

Comment

Ok so she pulled in after you.

Definitely sucks and you have a good case for court but they can't assume it was her car without being able to see her actually make contact....because of the 1% chance it was someone else....as stupid as that sounds you wouldn't want to be the person who got fucked when you did nothing wrong.....innocent until proven guilty my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                Ok so she pulled in after you.

Definitely sucks and you have a good case for court but they can't assume it was her car without being able to see her actually make contact....because of the 1% chance it was someone else....as stupid as that sounds you wouldn't want to be the person who got fucked when you did nothing wrong.....innocent until proven guilty my friend.
                Yeah, I know this... It's why I'm so fucking pissed.

My trucks body is FLAWLESS. For 3 years, I've protected her. Now, I've let her down... I failed my Nina. And I can't even fix it because this old bitch is throwing a fit.

And ancient old bitch Totaled my mustang. Now an Ancient old bitch has dented my Nina.

I can't fucking stand it.

I'd JUST gotten her paid off enough that I can trade it and break even. I was going to trade it for a newer 4x4 for my dad to say thank you for some things he's helped me with lately. Now I can't though because the dealerships will give me 1000 less than value as long as there is 1000 worth of damage on her.

Fucking infuriating.

EDIT* this isn't me yelling at you, Ralphie. I'm agreeing because you're 100% right bud. It's just so infuriating man... I hate that it's like this.

I let Nina down man, after the years of protecting her but I finally let her down.

Comment

Congrats on keeping a calm head. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I didn't. I actually screamed a lot. Just not at the person. That's when I decided police should handle it, because the urge to punch the lady and turn her skull into sand would have been AWFUL tempting...

Comment

Originally posted by turbomaxx View Post
                      I didn't. I actually screamed a lot. Just not at the person. That's when I decided police should handle it, because the urge to punch the lady and turn her skull into sand would have been AWFUL tempting...
                      My thoughts exactly. That, or leave her a note; saying that once she pays for the damage, she can have her tires back
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I worked at Wal*Mart for a few years. I know they are filming everything! I've seen proof! The company is scared shitless of any lawsuits that could topple them. Go to manager with date, and police report and ask why the parking security didn't see this person wiggling in a no parking spot so obviously. It must have taken at lease 5 minutes for them to do. Enough time for a security car to notice. Also with the date and time (on the receipt you got ..I hope) you can pinpoint video of lot. If manager says no to any of that...make sure you tell them a law suit will follow. They will be glad to help. What you're hoping to get is the video proof (a long shot) or for them to agree to the "shopping cart" accident and pay for the fix. (If the car didn't hit you it must have been a shopping cart.......right?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
                        New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
                        My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by SilverShadow View Post
                          I worked at Wal*Mart for a few years. I know they are filming everything! I've seen proof! The company is scared shitless of any lawsuits that could topple them. Go to manager with date, and police report and ask why the parking security didn't see this person wiggling in a no parking spot so obviously. It must have taken at lease 5 minutes for them to do. Enough time for a security car to notice. Also with the date and time (on the receipt you got ..I hope) you can pinpoint video of lot. If manager says no to any of that...make sure you tell them a law suit will follow. They will be glad to help. What you're hoping to get is the video proof (a long shot) or for them to agree to the "shopping cart" accident and pay for the fix. (If the car didn't hit you it must have been a shopping cart.......right?

Well the police have reviewed the tape and he said that while it's clear she got extremely close, he couldn't say that he saw any "for sure" contact...

What a load of shit, this truck isn't a piece of shit, it's a Stampede edition Dakota!! That shit is RARE!! She scratched a $740 piece of my factory ground effects!!! that shit is no joke, and I'm steamed.

Comment

Thats the chance you take when you park in a parkinglot. People can be so inconsiderate these days. Just keep it moving. Oh and almost forgot for the amount that your insurance is charging you $500 you can pay out of pocket cheaper and still got the shit done with no insurance shananagans.

Insurance for a little dent like that they will screw you and probably raise your rates just for one little scratch. I find that its best to pay out of pocket when it is something that small.

Comment

We (the younger drivers) usually get the shaft with this kinds stuff. I told a cop "What you are gonna give me the ticket because of what I drive?" He sais mabey I shouldnt drive what I drive or look the way I look. FUQ U!!! I had witnesses FUQER!! 85 yrs old and clean record. But hit me clear as shitznit.
                              http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

Working...
                              X