Computer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer problem

I accidentaly swapped the wrong files in the login configuration (I screwed up) but I made a backup file. It wont let me login(I edited the login theme) How do I access the files on my computer without one of those fancy Windows Vista Repair discs?

I know its possible but Google is giving me no luck and I HATE this POS Acer laptop..
    -Will

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
    I accidentaly swapped the wrong files in the login configuration (I screwed up) but I made a backup file. It wont let me login(I edited the login theme) How do I access the files on my computer without one of those fancy Windows Vista Repair discs?

I know its possible but Google is giving me no luck and I HATE this POS Acer laptop..
    Make your current hdd a slave to another comp and edit it that way?
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffMisiak View Post
      Make your current hdd a slave to another comp and edit it that way?
      Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
      Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
      Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
      Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
      Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Or boot from a Knoppix or Ubuntu LiveCD. Should let you copy files and such on the HDD. Requires a working computer to make the CD though...
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Boot into safe mode (hit power button and keep tapping F8) and log into the administrator account. You most likely didn't set a password for it.

You should be able to replace the files in there.

Or does it BSOD during vista boot? If it does, this wont help you... lol.

Comment

You can download disks to wipe the password for the uesrname and then let you log in that way.

Comment

We would need to know exactly why you cannot login; what's the error? And the OS, I'm assuming its Vista.
              But as stated, safe mode is your best bet. If this does not work then recovery console or some other boot method that will allow you to copy files back (recovery CD, ultimate boot CD, and what others mentioned).

good luck

Comment

I replaced the wrong files attributed to the login page so I literally cant see to login. I was wondering if theres a way I can login without the page so I can replace the files

Il make a boot cd tonight.
                -Will

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                  That didn't make any sense in the contex of which you used it in.

Comment

Working...
                  X