Tmobile is officially dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    That's possible. I just know that I transfer about 35gb a month on my AT&T service, so if there's a limit... I'd probably hit it!

I'm one of those that will do voice and internet. I'll be on the phone for work, searching tax and phone records on the internet, or exchanging emails with my boss, or searching email records to download sent reports. Granted, I really only do that for work... so I suppose that does indeed put me in the minority.
    So ok, let me ask a q.

When you do the phone/internet search .....

are you searching the internet on your phone while on a call?

Or are you on a call but using the signal from your phone to wirelessly tether a laptop etc?

I can do a call and text i guess...its not that bad....but i would think being on a call and using the browser to search would be a pain in the ass!

Comment

If I never had to deal with AT&T again in my entire life, I'd die a happy man. Cellphones/DSL/U-verse, you name it and I've had problems with it and have spent countless hours explaining my stories to 30 people before the problems ever got resolved

Comment

Many of those big companies are like that, though. You get shuffled around from person to person. Most of them are underpaid and undertrained. If your problem isn't completely textbook, they're clueless... and you have to keep trying until you find someone that has a brain.

Comment

I don't understand all the hate for AT&T. I've had their phone service multiple times. My current plan has been active since... 4-5 years ago. I've no problem with reception anywhere and my phone is tough as nails. Dropped it quite a few times with no problems. I get decent service in places where I need it.

U-Verse is amazing. I've had it for 4 years now. Not a problem. Love being able to go out, and come back home later to watch my recorded shows.

Internet- nothing to complain about. It provides service for 2 desktop computers, a laptop, iPad, PS3 and my Wii. All without a problem.

Most recently, my house phone line died, but it was due to outside sources in a box because of the terrible weather.

Sure a lot of things at AT&T may be expensive (plans, phones) but I haven't had a problem in so long, I'm probably going to keep it wherever I go. Customer service is great, products are great, and I don't have a single complaint about them.

Comment

verizon ftw.

Then again I paid 240$ a month for unlimted min and texts.
            fucking ***.

Comment

Originally posted by zmanwit90accord View Post
              I don't understand all the hate for AT&T. I've had their phone service multiple times. My current plan has been active since... 4-5 years ago. I've no problem with reception anywhere and my phone is tough as nails. Dropped it quite a few times with no problems. I get decent service in places where I need it.

U-Verse is amazing. I've had it for 4 years now. Not a problem. Love being able to go out, and come back home later to watch my recorded shows.

Internet- nothing to complain about. It provides service for 2 desktop computers, a laptop, iPad, PS3 and my Wii. All without a problem.

Most recently, my house phone line died, but it was due to outside sources in a box because of the terrible weather.

Sure a lot of things at AT&T may be expensive (plans, phones) but I haven't had a problem in so long, I'm probably going to keep it wherever I go. Customer service is great, products are great, and I don't have a single complaint about them.
              Sounds like your in a good area, as all your info is based on a single location.

That is good, and i hope it stays that way, but if you go online you'll see that it is more then just people bitching, they were the worst rated cell provider last quarter.

If it works for you though, then keep on brah.

Comment

Talks that T-Mobile customers will have to replace their phones because the current ones are not compatible with the 3G their are changing it to.

http://www.androidguys.com/2011/03/2...andsets-merge/

This is getting a bit concerning, Yahoo Finance is reporting that AT&T has made a statement saying that T-Mo customers who have 3G handsets will need to have their devices replaced if the recently announced merger goes through. The reason being that once the acquisition is finalized, AT&T plans on reconfiguring how the current T-Mo towers work, re-purposing them for 4G service in an effort to increase the speed of their network overall.

A quote from the article talking about the change of towers, and hinting at some plans:

AT&T said that some time after the closing, it plans to rearrange how T-Mobile's cell towers work. The spectrum they use for third-generation services, or 3G, will be re-purposed for 4G, which is faster.

That would leave current T-Mobile phones without 3G. They would need to be replaced with phones that use AT&T's 3G frequencies. Ralph de la Vega, AT&T's head of wireless and consumer services, said this will happen as part of the normal phone upgrade process.

"There's nothing for them to worry about ... it will be done over time, in a way that's good for customers and good for AT&T," de la Vega said in an interview.

There is no word yet of course what de la Vega means when he makes the above statement, but I am not sure how comforting I find it. I may go down and start looking at what it would take to get me into a Thunderbolt after hearing this. What do you think?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Let me clarify....

You can do voice and text....but you cannot do voice and internet....

Im an avid smartphone user and i NEVER need to do voice AND internet.

Obv i can't speak for everyone, but i think the population of people who use voice and internet is smaller then those who don't so its not such a big deal.
                  My thoughts Exactly !!!!

seriously lmao.

But IMO tmobile sucked when i had it , lasted 2 months with it

AT&T = Data Cap Plans .

Ive been with Sprint/Nextel since the Treo 700wx and havnt looked back since.

They can try and wow me with all the tricks and its the best but i wont by into it, Currently still with sprint sporting the Evo 4G and still a happy customer.

My girl has Tmobile so im going to see how thats going to work lol.

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Just so everyone knows... you can get unlimited calls and texts.... for free.
                    Use Google voice in combo with unlimited data.
                    I'd use it more, but I accidentally set my Google number to Indiana. Nobody picks it up
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

glad Im on sprint

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Haha. You wont be glad your on sprint forever.. Seeing as once this merger happens AT&T will have at least 40% of the consumers.. With Verizon right behind them.. I was reading that Sprint will be struggling to stay in competition with these two companies..

Glad i'm verizon!
                        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
                        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Originally posted by buckysaccord93 View Post
                          Haha. You wont be glad your on sprint forever.. Seeing as once this merger happens AT&T will have at least 40% of the consumers.. With Verizon right behind them.. I was reading that Sprint will be struggling to stay in competition with these two companies..

Glad i'm verizon!
                          Hopefully they dont loose most of those Tmobile customers as they might have to get new phones do to the 3G being different as stated in one of the above links...

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

i'll switch to sprint. it's as simple as that.
                            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              AT&T treats me well enough. My mom has Verizon, and she can't get reception in her own house. The people at Verizon don't really care to help, either.

My ONLY beef with AT&T was that to get the ability to list 10 numbers that I call the most (so I can call them for free, even on other carriers) I had to pay for a HUGE number of minutes... which pretty much made that list of 10 numbers useless.
                              Now I just pay out the ass for unlimited everything. It's still cheaper than overages!

They have free mobile to ANY mobile now, so sweet. I think im going cut down my plan to the next lowest.

Ive always been with ATT, verizon and sprint suck where I live.
                              H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Verizon works very well here in Cincinnati, I was orignally looking at Cricket but then i heard their service sucked really bad once you left the city.

Comment

Working...
                                X