Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you were young, was everything handed to you or did you work for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny I used to have car payments and I didnt realize how good it was then and how good it is now to finish paying it off. After that whole ordeal when I got out of the loan and paid off for everything people never though I would be able to do it. Thats why they are still in that position of where they are now and that is nowhere fast.

Comment

fortunate or not fortunate, here is what people should do...

mind your own business

but OT is 16 and shows it, all is forgiven

Comment

Me and my sister each got a 10 cent allowance weekly. I think that only lasted a couple of months. I was lucky enough to get a $20 dollar bill from some relatives on my birthdays though. I usually just put it in the bank, which, was started out by my parents with about a hundred in it. I had $300 in it by the time I was in high school.

Never was given a car. I bought my first car when I was 22, which is the CB7 I still drive. I saved up for two years for it working for almost minimum wage which was $4.25 at the time. When I finally went to college I qualified for financial aid until I was too old, so then I got loans. I remember putting on an application for financial aid that my father only made $5000 the past year. I'm sure that was a good year for my dad, as he usually didn't work much.
        My mother passed away when I was 12 so my dad got about $75 a month for me and my sister in survivors social security benefits. I can remember only owning 2 or 3 shirts and maybe 2 pairs of pants for an entire year in high school. That didn't help much with popularity. Oh yeah, and we lived with no electricity for one year, but my grandmother lived across the street so we would eat and shower there. But lighting candles every night sucked balls.

Edit: Oh yeah, the two most common sayings I heard my parents say was "money doesn't grow on trees" and "life's not fair".
        Last edited by 4CYLPOWER92; 09-14-2011, 11:31 PM.

My swap thread
        Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Being an Argentine Jew, my parents had no desire to give me anything.

They taught me the hard-learned lesson of self-reliance and as a result, I started developing businesses when I was in middle school.

Ever since, I've either been self-employed or working as a consultant.

"Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day..."
          14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
          X