Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you were young, was everything handed to you or did you work for it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you were young, was everything handed to you or did you work for it?

Specifically cars.

Background: Im just getting kinda angry (and a little jealous) when I see this kids my age who have the nicest things because Daddy's got a deep wallet.

I mean Its great and all, but I just get mad when theses kids show up in their $10,000 cars and flaunt them all over the place.

Is there no respect for a hardworking guy who earns his own stuff?

I know Im ranting and rambling, but this just really pisses me off. Call me jealous all you want, i dont care. I guess the bottomline is Im angered that people like that will never understand what its like to earn your first car. I dont care how many PSI said kid is pushing and how many AWHP he has. He will never truly appreciate it as much as I love my Cb.

So back to the original question: When you were a youngster like myself (teenager), did you have to work for your car/ other things? Has this made an impact on you as a person even after many years?

Once again, sorry to ramble. I feel like you guys are the only ones who would truly understand. We are kinda like a scrappy group of enthusiasts lol!

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
    Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

rant away

i saw the same thing when i was your age

join the club
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

not gonna lie. my parents got me both of my cars and still pay for everything. i pay for the mods.
      COUPE K24

Comment

I didnt have, or get, shit when I was young! I hate kids that spend their daddys money and act like they bought it.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          rant away

i saw the same thing when i was your age

join the club
          Yeah, not many in the "club" to join that I know personally. But it pissed you off, didnt it?
          Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
          not gonna lie. my parents got me both of my cars and still pay for everything. i pay for the mods.
          At least you actually PAY for something and you mod it to your style.
          These kids just go on craigslist, pick any fuckin STI or boosted 240, and pay from dads pockets.
          Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          I didnt have, or get, shit when I was young! I hate kids that spend their daddys money and act like they bought it.
          What you should hate more is kids who are proud that their parents buy them everything. At least kids who lie about it know the way it SHOULD be

Comment

i got over it when i saw how alot of those kids turned out

Comment

my family was broke as shit while i was growing up! i think that we are better off than "they" are, that is one human quality they will never get to experience or have for themselves - an appreciation for the satisfaction and achievement gained through personal effort. its easy to get mad or jealous at, but personally, i look at it humorously. sucks for them that they are so oblivious to real value, they are probably going to turn out to be ill-prepared and shitty people later on, when their external foundation is gone, and they realize they have no idea how to exist on their own.
              Last edited by cp[mike]; 09-07-2011, 12:51 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                i Didnt Have, Or Get, Shit When I Was Young! I Hate Kids That Spend Their Daddys Money And Act Like They Bought It.
                X2

Originally posted by Dr.x
                You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                  my family was broke as shit while i was growing up! i think that we are better off than "they" are, that is one human quality they will never get to experience or have for themselves - an appreciation for the achievement gained through personal effort. its easy to get mad or jealous at, but personally, i look at it humorously. sucks for them that they are so oblivious to real value.
                  Thanks for that man. Im glad to see that someone else realizes that they never get the full life experience.

Comment

you think parents giving a kid a 10k car is flashy??

i know kids who are 18 years old and their parents buy them brand new bmw's, mercedes..i know of a few kids who are my age whos parents have bought them lambo's and ferraris...
                    ..[CB7][STAR]..
                    MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by stewie View Post
                      you think parents giving a kid a 10k car is flashy??

i know kids who are 18 years old and their parents buy them brand new bmw's, mercedes..i know of a few kids who are my age whos parents have bought them lambo's and ferraris...
                      see how they turn out as adults

Comment

i worked for my shit, it builds character...and trust me, i am a character.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i worked for my first cb. took me a whole summer.

Originally posted by scudweiser
                          i farted while i was getting head once, i was drunk.

Comment

LOL at flaunting 10k cars...

No need to be "jealous" or "angry" .. Just worry about yourself..

Ive worked since 14 .. My dad bought my first car for me.. It was 3k I think..

Comment

My parents were generous enough to loan me 2 grand to help me purchase my Accord way back when (2003), I needed a good car to get to work. Paid them off pretty quick tho, and I did have 2 grand of my own cash to purchase the car.

Although my Dad did just offer to give me a parcel of land worth $100k so I can build a house! I have no idea how to pay him off.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X