Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need part time job ideas... looking for the least amount of effort and responsibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I implied that he would want to look at Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

The bars in my university area are completely dead on those days. That's why my frat brother only worked Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. He didn't think it would be worth his time going in on the other days.

Hence, might be a easy job on Mon-Wed.

But... if that's out of the question...

Then I would say a job at...

Book Stores
    Electronic Stores (Frys, Best Buy - though they're closing down a bunch of stores, etc.)

People are moving into the whole online thing. I can't remember the last time I went to Best Buy or a Barnes and Noble. Most of those stores are pretty dead all the time as well.
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

Originally posted by wlfpck View Post
      That's why I implied that he would want to look at Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

The bars in my university area are completely dead on those days. That's why my frat brother only worked Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. He didn't think it would be worth his time going in on the other days.

Hence, might be a easy job on Mon-Wed.

But... if that's out of the question...

Then I would say a job at...

Book Stores
      Electronic Stores (Frys, Best Buy - though they're closing down a bunch of stores, etc.)

People are moving into the whole online thing. I can't remember the last time I went to Best Buy or a Barnes and Noble. Most of those stores are pretty dead all the time as well.
      Your still missing the point.

LOL!

He wants to be able to sit around and do paperwork for his other job.

Can't really do that at a best buy or frys unless your a store manager, and even then you get bs all day/night so you would still be busy.

Working off hours at a bar COULD work but still they're not usually quiet and id be surprised if he would get a job if it were that dead...they probably wouldn't need the help then.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The title says it all.
        I'm trying to think of a potential second job. 2-3 days a week (evenings, most likely), as easy and stress-free as possible. Ideally, I'd like to just sit there doing nothing at all (maybe paperwork for my real job... )
        I don't really care about the pay. Minimum wage is fine.

I really just want something simple to bring in a few extra bucks.
        I am intrigued at the title of your thread...I guess the idea of someone who wants to work 3 jobs at minimum wage with no responsibility is looking at the whole picture the wrong way. Why not focus on one great job that pays very well and has all aspects of a quality career, challenging, rigorous, and satisfying. That way you can enjoy your life and not work more than 40 hours a week.
        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
          I am intrigued at the title of your thread...I guess the idea of someone who wants to work 3 jobs at minimum wage with no responsibility is looking at the whole picture the wrong way. Why not focus on one great job that pays very well and has all aspects of a quality career, challenging, rigorous, and satisfying. That way you can enjoy your life and not work more than 40 hours a week.

you are looking at it the wrong way.

With 3 part time jobs you can still do what you want. and really they usually work around your school )college) schedule.

Comment

I recently applied for a part time position as a delivery driver for NAPA. I'm still waiting on them to call me back since it said it could take up to 4 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7 View Post
              I am a private investigator, and I make good money doing what I do. I'm not looking for "3 minimum wage jobs so I can have little responsibility." However, about 1/3 of my time is spent at my computer doing paperwork. I'm looking for a second job where I can sit on my ass and make $7 an hour to sit and do the paperwork for my real job. I'm already doing the work... might as well get paid to be a butt in a chair elsewhere while I do it!
              I also work alone, so working in a place where I could interact with other people would be good for my sanity.

The situation is not that I need to make money. It's that I'd like to make a little extra money with the semi-spare time I have on my hands... but I don't want to work very hard for it. I'm willing to take minimum pay for minimum work, as long as I'm capable of doing my paperwork at the second job. It's work I'd be doing at home anyway... but if I was doing it at home, I wouldn't be making an extra $7/hr to do it!

Comment

Really the only thing I can think of for what you want is a clerk at a convenience store, Jay and Silent Bob style.

At night shit is dead and you can sit back and finish work/watch Netflix and get paid.

Only downside is you WILL get robbed at some point.

Ala Ben lol.

Comment

The downside there is that most convenience stores are owned/operated by foreigners (literally, they come here, buy the store, work their asses off, and then go back to whatever country they came from... selling the store to family or friends, usually) Since they work the stores themselves, they don't need help. I never see anyone at a non-Wawa convenience store around here that isn't clearly related to every other employee! And that leaves Wawa... and if you've learned anything in your time in NJ, I'm sure you've learned that Wawa is NEVER dead!

I thought maybe a public storage place... I'll have to ask Maury about that, because I know he did that for quite some time.

Comment

Front desk night shift security at an office building in the city.
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

LOL damn deeve , you basicly want to get paid for bird watching. Now that I see what you want in a job, you could always apply to become a cop. just sit on the side of the road and go "fishing" as they call it.

Comment

If I could be a cop 2 days a week, that would be great!
                        People already think I'm a cop anyway, depending on how I dress.
                        Cops kinda hate me, though.

Comment

Overnight/evening shift at care home.
                          2013 Honda Fit Sport Alabaster Silver Metallic GE8
                          2013 Accord Sport Modern Steel Metallic CR2

CB9 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=hostile
                          CR2 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197787
                          GE8 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199289

Comment

Can't do overnight... I actually have a day job.

I'm actually qualified to do that kind of work, believe it or not! I just don't want to deal with crazy old people that piss themselves... It might be a lot of sitting around, but when I work, it's gross. There's a reason I'm not working in my field (psychology, it's what my degree is in) until i finish grad school!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Can't do overnight... I actually have a day job.

I'm actually qualified to do that kind of work, believe it or not! I just don't want to deal with crazy old people that piss themselves... It might be a lot of sitting around, but when I work, it's gross. There's a reason I'm not working in my field (psychology, it's what my degree is in) until i finish grad school!

Ya Wawa is really crazy.

Wish there was one closer to me, they are around but not right in my neighborhood.

Ya storage spot would be good.

Comment

Yeah, Wawa is EVERYWHERE here. I can drive to about 5 of them in under 5 minutes in any direction. Best place ever, but they're busy all the time... and there's always something to do when they're not busy.

I'm actually considering a full job change... but that's out of the scope of this thread. Wondering if I should look for a 9-5 M-F job with benefits, paid vacation, sick days, etc... I've NEVER had a job like that in the past. It might be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X