• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boss has one of those

I wish it ran so i could actually see how fast it is

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
      since its a rebadged Holden Monaro from the land of Oz,Maple can start ordering all sorts of performance stuff
      Why does that matter? It uses an LSX engine which already has one of the most plentiful supplies of performance parts on the planet.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Why does that matter? It uses an LSX engine which already has one of the most plentiful supplies of performance parts on the planet.

Truth troof!
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

He did mention on facebook that he was getting an Aussie car. Fuckin' upside down fuckers.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

id love to get one and rebadge it.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I like those gtos, my boss has a supercharged one. Its super clean and fast.

CALI LIFE STYLE
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=145883

Comment

For the money I'd still take a C5. The GTO does look nice but with an LS1('04)/LS2('05-'06) and IRS it's basically just a really heavy Corvette. This thing weighs at least 500 pounds more than a C5 coupe. More if you're comparing it to the C5 hardtop. It seems it was supposed to be aimed at the older guy going who didn't want his mid-life crisis to be obvious. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just don't find it practical. If I want that drivetrain packaged in a more luxurious box, I'd opt for the CTS-V. If I just want to go fast, I get a C5.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

It seems it was supposed to be aimed at the older guy going who didn't want his mid-life crisis to be obvious. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just don't find it practical.
                  Originally its basically a 2 door version of the Main stream 4 door Holden Commodore.

It's entire purpose when it came out was merely to be a "Modern Monaro" (the previous Monaro was some 20 years earlier)
                  So its not really a "Mid life crisis car" (Well maybe the GTO is in the US market) but in Australia it was more a piece of history.

Much like the new "Holden Torana" Concept.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                    Originally its basically a 2 door version of the Main stream 4 door Holden Commodore.

It's entire purpose when it came out was merely to be a "Modern Monaro" (the previous Monaro was some 20 years earlier)
                    So its not really a "Mid life crisis car" (Well maybe the GTO is in the US market) but in Australia it was more a piece of history.

Much like the new "Holden Torana" Concept.
                    Even used they still hold their value quite well here.
                    Henry R
                    Koni/Neuspeed
                    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I'm referring to it strictly in its Pontiac sense. Not so much the idea behind its creation but the logic behind where it slots itself in the US market.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                        Even used they still hold their value quite well here.
                        Same here and Aus - As they should though being that they are no longer in production.

I'm referring to it strictly in its Pontiac sense. Not so much the idea behind its creation but the logic behind where it slots itself in the US market.
                        Ahh I see

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I did tell him GTO or GTFO!
                          Maple actually made a decision that makes sense! Well, sorta... will a GM product, even one as good as the GTO, handle Maple? Will he kill himself with 350-400 stock horsepower?

For the money I'd still take a C5. The GTO does look nice but with an LS1('04)/LS2('05-'06) and IRS it's basically just a really heavy Corvette. This thing weighs at least 500 pounds more than a C5 coupe. More if you're comparing it to the C5 hardtop. It seems it was supposed to be aimed at the older guy going who didn't want his mid-life crisis to be obvious. Don't get me wrong, I like it. I just don't find it practical. If I want that drivetrain packaged in a more luxurious box, I'd opt for the CTS-V. If I just want to go fast, I get a C5.
                          That's largely my reasoning for my choice of the CTS-V over the GTO. Both are nice cars, but the GTO isn't as luxurious. If I wanted JUST a sportscar, I'd have gone Corvette... but for some reason, I feel like I'll seem to be a young man in a CTS-V... and a midlife-crisis guy in a Corvette!

Comment

This is going to be a disaster. How many maple/random chick babies will be conceived in the backseat? Let's start a poll.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                            Traded with: Cb7xChun
                            Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                            Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                            My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

He's gonna have to downsize his ladyfolk to make any Maple saplings in that little back seat!

I'm more concerned about RWD and too much horsepower in MA winters!

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                                This is going to be a disaster. How many maple/random chick babies will be conceived in the backseat? Let's start a poll.
                                bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X