Altezzas, Rice or Nice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Altezzas, Rice or Nice?

Lol I'm just curious, if anyone still has altezza tail lights on their car and rocks them proudly. Altezzas used to be nice (?) Back in the Fast and Furious days, but can anyone make a really nice car with distasteful tail lights?
    My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

No.
    MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196248

Comment

Lol just wanna kno
      My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

Comment

Originally posted by JFLEMING95 View Post
        Lol I'm just curious, if anyone still has altezza tail lights on their car and rocks them proudly. Altezzas used to be nice (?) Back in the Fast and Furious days, but can anyone make a really nice car with distasteful tail lights?
        IMO they are rice. But hey, it's not on my car, I could care less.
        Last edited by dj_ender; 05-25-2012, 02:24 AM.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

My sedan is. There tented and rewired.

Comment

ricer roni
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I think they look ugly but if you want to put them on your car, by all means because i'm not the one driving it.

Comment

They are bit ugly/ricey but when tented and black housed there not too bad. Its just that theres too much chrome for me in stock form.

Comment

i seen one that was red housed and the lens were painted red with transparent paint, looked pretty sick (was on a 6th gen btw...)

Comment

I didn't even like them on the Altezza. Chrome anything looks tacky.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
                      i seen one that was red housed and the lens were painted red with transparent paint, looked pretty sick (was on a 6th gen btw...)
                      I did that with mine, loved them until I traded for a 93 sedan trunk.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

with the shape of the accord tail lights, altezzas look disgustingly ugly.

unless you have the rare crystal red euros for the 92/93 sedan. those are much better to look at. which i had on my car. which i still have in my garage. which i need to sell... lol!

Comment

I owned 3 sets of these back in the day. Gen 1 and 2 versions of the Gen 2. Chrome and Black carbon look.

IMO I think the best looking ones were the Generation 2 lamps. The Generation 1s looked the same except it had dual smaller reflectors in the outer lamps which made them looked funny. The Generation 2s fixed this and had two matching sized circle reflectors for the brake lamps and one outer dummy lamp. You could physically take them apart and mod them to fit OEM tailamps as well.

The other versions Gen 3 and up looked very horrible! They made the car look like a UFO or like the rear end had ACNE or something. The Generation 1s and 2s were the perfect ones to do "Red and clear" mods or if you had a chance to buy the "Blood red" versions or carbon look they looked alot better.

Go with what you feel matches your car and don't worry what other people think. Everyone seems to join the bandwagon and do what others do to "fit in"
                          Last edited by Warudakumi; 05-25-2012, 04:24 AM.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                          1994 Prelude V-Tec
                          1999 CL 3.0
                          2000 Prelude
                          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

This is what mine first looked like. Ill have to take a video on how there rewired.

Comment

Originally posted by Warudakumi View Post
                              I owned 3 sets of these back in the day. Gen 1 and 2 versions of the Gen 2. Chrome and Black carbon look.

IMO I think the best looking ones were the Generation 2 lamps. The Generation 1s looked the same except it had dual smaller reflectors in the outer lamps which made them looked funny. The Generation 2s fixed this and had two matching sized circle reflectors for the brake lamps and one outer dummy lamp. You could physically take them apart and mod them to fit OEM tailamps as well.

The other versions Gen 3 and up looked very horrible! They made the car look like a UFO or like the rear end had ACNE or something. The Generation 1s and 2s were the perfect ones to do "Red and clear" mods or if you had a chance to buy the "Blood red" versions or carbon look they looked alot better.

Go with what you feel matches your car and don't worry what other people think. Everyone seems to join the bandwagon and do what others do to "fit in"
                              Those are actually tasteful I would rock those on my Blue CB with the red slightly tinted and retrofitted with LED's
                              The CB7 Collector.
                              Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                              92 LX Coupe F22A1
                              2013 Toyota Corolla S
                              92 EX Sedan F22A1
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                              X