No announcement yet.

Anyone remember Huffy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first "big boy" bike was a Huffy Street Heat... teal, with white tires, white seat, and white grips. I rode the shit out of that bike! I still had it when I was 20. Then I moved and put it on the curb. Good bike. The first thing I ever wrenched on!
    I can't find any pics, but the shape looked about the same as that one you got, Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
      not sure if you're talking to me but this was the bike i used to have, although mine had the guards for the hands, this one had them removed or something.

Thats not it the first picture I posted was the original.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      My first "big boy" bike was a Huffy Street Heat... teal, with white tires, white seat, and white grips. I rode the shit out of that bike! I still had it when I was 20. Then I moved and put it on the curb. Good bike. The first thing I ever wrenched on!
      I can't find any pics, but the shape looked about the same as that one you got, Henry.
      Bwahaha did you rock a mullet with that bike

I rocked a fro back in the day haha
      Henry R
      Koni/Neuspeed
      1992 Accord LX R.I.P
      1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
      Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
      made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I had a diamondback and GT when I was younger, but both of them ended up getting stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
          i still have my GT Vertigo which i just put new tires on and greased up the bearings yesterday. it was my older brothers before it was mine and hes 13 years older than I am.

mongoose used to be the rage / fad which i never caught on to or had the slightest interest in. other than that i had a diamond back which serves its purpose.
          I have a gt vertigo also. 1997. Camo paint. Green and blk. I don't ride but would like 2 restore I again. Some kids took it apart and added other cheap stufff, and I got it back not knowing it was giving to them for free from my grandmother. I was heated. I need seat post and seat, maybe rims idk I havnt bothered to look at it again once it was molested.

I like hookin bikes up but they cost to dam much. 4 piece handler bar and stuff. Shit adds up.
          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

i have a hoffman, haro bike
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

I recently found out what ELF stood for my neighbor was riding one the other day.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

A huffy was my first bike. It was a good bike.

My favorite bike was a 415. I payed $450 for it IIRC.

Comment

I had a redline.

Always wanted a GT though.

Comment

I was into bmw in the early 90's and back then huffy was considered junk. I had a hawk, an original with the square frame and all.

I loved that bike.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I found my frame/decal combo-

Chrome with 97 decals.

Miss that bike.

Comment

use to have a TL-88, quality huffy frame, 3 piece crank, threadless head, it was nice back in 1998

example:

Comment

huffy was for little kids trying to act bmxish right? i shared a huffy with my brother, we were verry poor but that is one of my most memorable childhood events. when we brought home the new bike. we took pictures and everything it was a very big deal to us, (we were young and poor and neglected it was a milestone)

makes elementary, boy pop bands, , playstation one, dial up internet and gushers candies one big blurr.

Comment

i had that Specialized 415..all blue
                            1993 Honda Accord LX
                            2006 Yamaha R6
                            2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                              i have a hoffman, haro bike
                              those are two separate manufactures.

i used to ride... a LOT. i raced in a few different organized leagues... aba and nbl.

i also did a lot of street riding and trails back in the day... things have gotten CRAZY over the last decade or so tho.

i had a ton of bmw bikes from haros, to hoffman, to specialized and everything in between. i miss those days. still got a handful of bikes!

"Tucking tires and wires."
                              The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Minze View Post
                                i had that Specialized 415..all blue
                                Mine is like a wierd blue. Like if you took olive and light blue and mixed it together. I about shit when i seen you said you had that bike.

I still have it but it needs new crank bearings.
                                Last edited by H311RA151N; 07-26-2012, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X