No announcement yet.

iphone 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Android lawyers are fighting for the same patents. It's not an "Apple" problem, it's a technology company problem.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

I like my evo 3d. My brothers all have 4s' they have no complaints. I own an apple powerbook g4(old school I know) and I loved it.
      1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
      2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        You can get Siri on a JB? Nice! I need to do that again, in that case! I had my phone jailbroken for a bit, then i just returned it to unjailbroken form when it started slowing down.
        this last time I JailBroke mine I only put 2-3 tweaks on it so it didn't slow down and yea siri was working just fine on it, not quite as fast as 4S siri but close, fairly simple to put her on it also, add the repo, dl siri, add profile then say hello lol, took me like 5-6 time of saying hi siri to get her to activate

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

iPhone 5

I used my upgrade to get the iPhone 5 and it should be arriving on the 5th.

Since the iPhone 4 came out, I've joined the "dark side" and became a big Android user. My current daily drivers is the Samsung Galaxy note, iphone 4S for work and Xperia Play for my international Japan & Philippines contacts.

Call me an "iSheep" all you want since I've owned every single iPhone since the 1st gen. 2G,3G,3GS,4,4S and been buying them outright off contract since the 3GS. With the iPhone 5 I finally used my upgrade and shelled out knowing that since the iPhone 4, there is nothing really "magical" about it however I love technology as I do IT and hardware repair and needed a dummy to practice on for my side business. To me I think the "iphone" is more of a fashion statement. The only pros I think the iphone 5 has over the competition currently is.

-App support from popular gaming companies
          -Best LTE battery life

Aside from those aspects to me I'd rather have the true horsepower of an Android phone because i'm not shackled down as much once rooted and have access to everything software/hardware wise because the source for certain phones are always made public later....unlike apple. If apple ever released their source code for the iPhone 4, then the hardware probably can be pushed further out to make upgrading to the 4S and 5 worthless. Till this day, there are Android phones that refuse to die because of developer support. My Xperia play for example had very crappy battery life and standby time. Now the phone can survive a month on one charge due to deep sleep and undervolting. 1.0ghz? the phone can go up to 1.9ghz safely with custom kernels. If only we had the source code for the iphone 4, this phone could have been clocked at iPad 1GHZ speeds+ instead of it's underclocked 800mhz.

I'm a heavy emulation gamer and i'm sorry to say Android has the iphone beat in that category for real console games instead of 5-minute bathroom/train station games like angry birds. Playstation and Onlive also is still not the greatest on the 4S and I can't wait to see how the 5 will do.

Honest opinion.... the iphone 4S should've been the 5 and the 5 should've been something more of a 4x core phone with 2GB of RAM. Anyone that knows apples pattern can probably guess 4th quarter next year there will be a 5S model that will be 4x core and 2GB of ram. This is apples way of getting money. They give just a little to keep fans wanting more. Honestly if they came up with a phone with the top of the line specs like Asus Transformer primes 12core GPU and a quad core like Samsungs Exynos CPU..... they will be crippling their chances of people wanting to upgrade their phones later. This was semi apparent with the 4S. There is nothing that the 4S can really do that the 4 couldn't jailbroken.

I will eventually venture into the WP8 and will be purchasing a few Nokia units very soon since I'm getting more customers breaking them. I have my sights on the Galaxy Note 2 for some quad core action....but I may wait to see if HTC will release something later down the road maybe a 4x core "playstation gaming phone" since they acquired the certification rights from sony.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
          JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
          1994 Prelude V-Tec
          1999 CL 3.0
          2000 Prelude
          2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
          1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
          1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
          1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

I have a motorola atrix for a work phone and Iphone 4 for my personal. The droid platform is just not polished. It takes to many clicks to get to menus that I want, it is really annoying. The screen isn't nearly as responsive as my iPhone. I think the home button is what makes the iPhone.
            H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by almostJDM View Post
              this last time I JailBroke mine I only put 2-3 tweaks on it so it didn't slow down and yea siri was working just fine on it, not quite as fast as 4S siri but close, fairly simple to put her on it also, add the repo, dl siri, add profile then say hello lol, took me like 5-6 time of saying hi siri to get her to activate
              "Hi Siri"
              "Hello Siri"
              "Yo Siri"
              "What's going on, Siri?"
              "DO I HAVE TO CHOKE A BITCH?!"

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
                I have a motorola atrix for a work phone and Iphone 4 for my personal. The droid platform is just not polished. It takes to many clicks to get to menus that I want, it is really annoying. The screen isn't nearly as responsive as my iPhone. I think the home button is what makes the iPhone.
                this is the bottom line for me... my phone is like 5% of my day and id like to keep it that way or even less... i know where everything is and i dont have to fuck with anything. that and the device itself is very nice... ive had my 4 for over two years and it still looks MINT.

"Tucking tires and wires."
                The Chronicles.

Comment

HTC One X is better than Iphone5,,Compare it,,i am planning to buy HTC ,,,just bought a Sony Xperia,,,a really good smart phone,,,n gave it to my brother,,,Samsung S3,is good,i dont like its shape, i gave it to my wife, now am going for the HTC

Comment

See the shitty part about Android is that it is fragmented over so many devices that it is entirely possible for people to try it out and HATE it all because of a shitty device manufacturer and not actually because of Android itself.

My wife, sister in law, mother in law, and half my friends all have iPhones.

I have owned ipod touches(same shit) and played with actual iPhones.

Yes, I have owned some Android devices that I was ashamed to say rocked Android because the device itself sucked and after the phone company tweaked Android, it was not what Google would have wanted it to be.

That is the nature of the beast, and also why Apple people are so loyal.

Apple controls everything, so it stays consistent and works all the time.

I can dig it.

I just don't like their design and even though you can somewhat tweak it, the phone does not support Google the way I need it to since im so heavily invested in them.

So for me it just isn't my cup of tea, but I completely understand why people are so religious about it.

I just feel bad for people who are like, "had xxx phone and it was horrible, Android sucks."

No xxx phone sucks and so it made your experience bad.

I had the Galaxy Nexus for 3 days and I LOVED the phone....but the update to 4.04 made the radio go to shit and drop calls. I just posted about having this phone a few pages back.

Yesterday I went in and traded up for the Motorola Droid Maxx.

Couldn't stand the signal dropping and I don't want to root anymore and I wasn't going to wait until Verizon decides to update.

So far im completely happy with the Maxx.....there are somethings I dislike about it compared to the Nexus(which is pure Google) but as long as EVERYTHING works and doesn't give me problems, im good because I love Ice cream Sandwhich and eventually when Jelly Bean comes Ill be good to go.

Comment

The iPhone/Droid argument is like the Mac/PC argument. The iPhone, being an Apple product, is strictly controlled. What you get from one iPhone to the next is exactly the same. They look the same, they work the same, and even the incremental upgrades are never so extreme that they offend the loyalists. Because the hardware and software are consistent, there are no unforeseen problems. If a problem arises, Apple can fix it easily for every iPhone on the market... because they know the EXACT configuration of hardware.

Droids are made by multiple companies. There are numerous models, all with varying degrees of features. Homebrew apps are much easier to run than on an iPhone, and custom hacks are commonplace. Like a PC, the Droid phones give a larger degree of freedom, at the potential cost of reliability.

I jailbroke my iPhone 4 once, and although I enjoyed some of the extra things I could do, I found that I didn't take full advantage of all the options a jailbreak opened for me. I've since reverted to stock, and I have no complaints... and no reliability issues.

Comment

idk, ive seen my friend's evo 3d do some pretty crazy shit.

unlocking with face identification
                        3d pictures and videos
                        remote webcam access
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          idk, ive seen my friend's evo 3d do some pretty crazy shit.

unlocking with face identification
                          3d pictures and videos
                          remote webcam access
                          My current phone does all of that minus the 3d shit.

God the Evo phones rock.

Sprint sucks here tho

Comment

That's the other good thing about the iPhone... every carrier that supports the iPhone has the SAME phone.

Some of those features are pretty nifty, though. I would truly like remote webcam access.

Comment

I have an HTC One X and absolutely love it. The screen looks amazing, it's fast, it does everything I want/need a phone to do.

I'm glad the Android platform is available on so many different devices. Reason being, if you didn't like a particular phone company, or they didn't offer the features you wanted, you have different choices of phone companies that will give you the features you want. With Apple, it's just them. Say you like the iOS platform, (not sure why anyone would) but you didn't like the features the iPhone has/offers, you have no other choice.

I hate that everything is made for i devices. I've owned several different iPhones, and from the few Android phones I've owned, I'll stick with them. I think I'd rather have a Windows phone than an iPhone. I had an HTC HD7 which was a windows phone and loved it. I also had a Samsung Focus, which was also a Windows phone, loved it. The resolution and color on those phones, in my opinion by far surpassed the screens on the iPhone.

Comment

Yea well the "retina display" is just a catchy name. Samsung and LG make the screens and they are no more technologically advanced then any other phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X