No announcement yet.

And I just got fired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically, you were heading on break (or home) at the 6 hour mark... where I assume you're saying BY LAW you have to have a break? So when the lady asked you to install the battery, you took the time to go get a manager to take care of it. Essentially, you'd be violating the law by working beyond that point, right?

Were you impolite to the customer? Did you stalk off like a whiny child when she asked for help? Or did you say "I'm sorry, but I'm on my way out. Let me get someone else to help you", and do just that? If you did the last one (as it sounds you did), they seem to have no grounds at all to fire you!

The district manager definitely sounds like a tool. If your retelling was accurate, you remained professional even as he was being an outright jerk. Good for you. You might actually succeed in this world, whereas that guy has probably reached the ceiling of his career! (and trust me... he ain't making that much... I know what Autozone DMs make, and unless he's getting some HUGE bonuses, he's living no better than I am!)

Are you friends with any lawyers? File a wrongful termination suit against them. You may lose, but the higher-ups will be as pissed at that DM as he was at you!

Comment

Or call the regional manager.
      What division are(were) you? I'm in Blackwell.
      MRT
      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
      Originally posted by Tippey764
      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
      Originally posted by deevergote
      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        So basically, you were heading on break (or home) at the 6 hour mark... where I assume you're saying BY LAW you have to have a break? So when the lady asked you to install the battery, you took the time to go get a manager to take care of it. Essentially, you'd be violating the law by working beyond that point, right?

Were you impolite to the customer? Did you stalk off like a whiny child when she asked for help? Or did you say "I'm sorry, but I'm on my way out. Let me get someone else to help you", and do just that? If you did the last one (as it sounds you did), they seem to have no grounds at all to fire you!

The district manager definitely sounds like a tool. If your retelling was accurate, you remained professional even as he was being an outright jerk. Good for you. You might actually succeed in this world, whereas that guy has probably reached the ceiling of his career! (and trust me... he ain't making that much... I know what Autozone DMs make, and unless he's getting some HUGE bonuses, he's living no better than I am!)

Are you friends with any lawyers? File a wrongful termination suit against them. You may lose, but the higher-ups will be as pissed at that DM as he was at you!
        Deev first let me say thanks for stopping by and showing support. Second, wow deev is not one to compliment to often or take sides so its really cool Im not the only one seeing things like this.

Now on to your questions deeve.

Bro, The events are about as accurate as I can get, we are watch by cameras all the time but not only that I am really a good person at heart! Now that doesn't mean I have not stepped in shit; smell like shit or happen to still have shit on the edge of my shoe atleast I dont go out looking for it and deliberately step in the dog shit if you know what I mean. My mom taught me good manners and to respect people and I do, but once that line is crossed bro... I snap.

I make sure to greet every customer, assist them to my fullest abiilty no half ass. If they are asian or middle east and I cant understand them very well that doesn't stop me one damn bit. I've never had a complaint from a customer in the year I worked there. I can assure you as much of a douche I might be on the internet; I was not one of those AutoZone "tools". I might be a douche online (a little) but its just me acting out in a social cyber environment; not a place that pays me. Yeah autozone sucks but I worked with what I got and I feel I performed 100%. (I MEAN at an easy job like selling parts how could you not give 100%?) I dont give bad advice or sell the wrong parts I never had a customer complaint Im like the golden child lol

And from what I understand AT 6 hours you are required to have a meal break if they intend you to work any more time. Installing a battery is a courtesy; its not a service. I was very polite and the lady understood that I had to go and that my manager would help her out. I asked my manager if it was ok she agreed while the other fucker was in the back playing with his phone (as usual) even though phones arent allowed at our stores. But guess whos the only fucker that showed up to her wedding reception. ???

I have 1 write up Its the only write up I've had since working there and its really fucking old. Its for not selling those grease packets, most of them are knock offs and over priced if you really need that grease or lube find it else were for half the price and over 4 times the quantity. Never buy non of the petroleum based products at an auto parts store unless you have too walmart is where its at!

So yes deeve thank you for siding with me at least I know now you dont hate me lol.

And no deeve I dont have any lawyer friends or buddies ahhh who am I kidding I dont have any friends lol. JK any way I figure just getting unemployement would be enough, maybe if the unemployment doesn't work ill pursuit legal action. But in Texas its a right to work state which means you can get fired when ever they feel like it.
        Last edited by 8ball; 10-31-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
          Or call the regional manager.
          What division are(were) you? I'm in Blackwell.
          Bro I called the unemployment office they started my case. They said if I had never been written up for customer service that basically they could not fire me for that and even though its part time and I have another part time and I go to school part time (not full time) that I am still eligible. I imagine Ill be docking those fuckers about 150-250 a week for two months before UPS calls me

Im in D town bro. I would tell you exactly where but I dont want a corporate store sueing my ass. So deeve if a corprate store ask for my IP tell them to fuck off or tell me first!

Comment

Someone will have to present me with a subpoena before I reveal ANY information about my members!

And yeah, man... just because we argue from time to time doesn't mean I don't like you. Hell, if I argue with you, it means I respect you enough to speak my mind. Anyone else isn't worth the effort... and they just get banned.

Comment

about the way Firestone treats their employees. which is why i left.

thats how they make their money man. Find cheapest parts possible, multiply cost by 150% or more, pay the techs crap and the sales guys crap then buttrape the customer. Instant billion dollar business with A LOT of turnover.
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Brand recognition with a price advantage. Half their customers don't know any better, and the other half is satisfied with "good enough, as long as it's cheap and easy".

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post

Well I was working at AutoZone.
                  Now its a fortune 500 company and they pay every one there minimum wage. Not me I started at about what managers get paid but even managers get paid very shitty.
                  this sir had a lot to play in your getting fired. With two more people getting hired to take your place it is cheaper to pay two people less than you more.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                  You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

dude which store did you work at? i used to work there. its all BS, the managers just blame the red shirts, and sense you got fired id go collect unemployment man. i used to drive the hub vans around all through nashville, stupid easy job, but i started to fall asleep and couldnt take the bs i was having to do in the wearhouse so i quit. i also talked back to my boss and got threatened to be fired many times but they needed pl to work so he never actually did anything lol. i was their best driver to they told me that, but you miss trear pl and they either leave or stop working well.

nashville 0156 was my store
                    Accord SE

93se
                    Members Ride
                    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Deev is right file a suit against them. I work for them now and im telling you to do it!

Autozone has been sued a lot of times. Ive been around long enough to get 2 checks from money they owed us. In CA if we work more than five hours without a break they are required to pay us an extra hour.

Call the Regional Manager or even the Territory Manager and call the DM out on it. Im pretty sure the TM does not know what happened and im sure they would be glad to know what happened. My Dm is cool, my store manager is cool and ive had altercations with customers to the point that they call me outside to the parking lot. But when I start to walk outside taking my name tag off to beat the shit out of them they regret it. Ive had about 2 major complaints. One from a customer, and One from a douchebag store manager down the street. But I have never been written up, and have never got the chance to beat the shit out of a customer who really pissed me off ( I wish he wouldnt have ran).

This company does pay shitty. It will always pay shitty. If someone gets out of line there are honestly hundreds of new applications online that they can choose from. One thing I never do though is blame my red shirts. Granted, my red shirts know what they have to do and when they need to do it. I as a grey shirt take it that if they do anything wrong its my fault as management to provide them with the training they need.

If you were in CA I would honestly tell my store manager to hire you. You handled the situation like you were supposed to. If you really want to get on Autozones bad side though or get that DM fired call the regional office in TN. I know one DM who got demoted to Assistant Manager because someone called TN Regional office.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                      Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                      Originally posted by bmxicansd
                      so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Working...
                      X