X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspended license question

Very simple question here

I went to washington state this past august

I got pulled over, everything was good and fine except that i didn't have my insurance card with me ( maryland doesn't ever check this so i've never carried it ) anywho they wrote me a ticket for basically not having insurance ( i have insurance, don't get your panties in a bunch )

Anywho i had the ability to fax them my insurance card and they would drop it. Well pretty much i forgot about it and now the state of washington suspended my license pending i pay them some bullshit fine of $600. I don't have the money nor do i care to ever pay them their money

There are no issues on my license in maryland

if i get pulled over here in maryland will they give me shit for what washington state thinks?
    Last edited by Tippey764; 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM.

What's that current status of your license in MD?
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Texas cops don't seem too, but if they did they aren't letting me know.

Let's just say I had a similar situation years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
        What's that current status of your license in MD?
        No issues in maryland.

Comment

If you don’t go to court or provide the information they request in the time frame they ask or not in what they would consider a timely manner they issue a warrant, and/or take your license. It’s happed to me more than once.

Washington state hasn’t just taken your license in WA, they have taken you license period. Here in MO driving without a license or while suspended you go to jail and they tow your car. I’ve been there too.

Either way if you know that Washington has suspended your DL then your are driving while suspended in MD. Thats that no matter what state your in.

EDIT: I imagine you only have a MD driver’s license. If you know they suspended your drivers license like you stated earlier then the only license they can suspend is your MD license. Not like it would matter if you had a DL in 5 states. To have your driver’s license pulled in one state means you don’t have a driver’s license in any state.

If that were not the case people could just move out of state to get away from shit they get themselves into.
          Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-30-2012, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            If you don’t go to court or provide the information they request in the time frame they ask or not in what they would consider a timely manner they issue a warrant, and/or take your license. It’s happed to me more than once.

Washington state hasn’t just taken your license in WA, they have taken you license period. Here in MO driving without a license or while suspended you go to jail and they tow your car. I’ve been there too.

Either way if you know that Washington has suspended your DL then your are driving while suspended in MD. Thats that no matter what state your in.

EDIT: I imagine you only have a MD driver’s license. If you know they suspended your drivers license like you stated earlier then the only license they can suspend is your MD license. Not like it would matter if you had a DL in 5 states. To have your driver’s license pulled in one state means you don’t have a driver’s license in any state.

If that were the case people could just move out of state to get away from shit they get themselves into.
            I only have 1 drivers license, i don't think its even possible to have more than one

The letter literally reads

" On 11/29/12 at 12:01am we will suspend your driving privilege because you fialed to respond, appear, pay, or comply with the terms of the citation below "

Further down it says

" What happens if i don't resolve it? Your driving privilege will be suspended and any washington driver license of permit, including ( i'm not typing everything in that box because its unrelated ) will not be valid. Your license must be returned to the department of licensing, ( fuck you, i'm not giving your shitty state my maryland drivers license )

I still have my maryland drivers license and i have no issues in my state what so ever

Comment

Check it next week, WA is suspending your license today, MD will suspend it as well.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                I only have 1 drivers license, i don't think its even possible to have more than one

The letter literally reads

" On 11/29/12 at 12:01am we will suspend your driving privilege because you fialed to respond, appear, pay, or comply with the terms of the citation below "

Further down it says

" What happens if i don't resolve it? Your driving privilege will be suspended and any washington driver license of permit, including ( i'm not typing everything in that box because its unrelated ) will not be valid. Your license must be returned to the department of licensing, ( fuck you, i'm not giving your shitty state my maryland drivers license )

I still have my maryland drivers license and i have no issues in my state what so ever
                I see why you’re asking because it’s kind of fucked up. Honestly you might want to ask a public defender or a traffic lawyer in WA what exactly that means. It sounds like they might not take your DL in MD but I’m not certain. All though I know they can. But why they wouldn’t doesn’t make any sense because then it does not effect you where you live so whats the point. If you were to go back to WA and get pulled over you would be in some shit no doubt but MD is what’s in question.

The only DL they can be referring to is the only one you have, You’re MD DL But the way they have it worded is fucked up.

I wouldn’t give them my DL either. And $600 is bull shit. You could pay a lawyer and get out of it for that price.

Comment

Check it next week, WA is suspending your license today, MD will suspend it as well.
                  ^^^ This

This very well could happen. But I wouldnt let it get that far. In one way or another its going to end up effecting you.

Comment

WA took my non WA license from me before. And yea, it sucks WA giving out no insurance tickets is a huge income for them.
                    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                      WA took my non WA license from me before. And yea, it sucks WA giving out no insurance tickets is a huge income for them.
                      Here you go. That’s the answer you’re looking for Tippey. It’s unfortunate man. Id bank on domesticated being right as he has been through the BS with WA before it sounds like.

Comment

Here you go. That’s the answer you’re looking for Tippey. It’s unfortunate man. Id bank on domesticated being right as he has been through the BS with WA before it sounds like.
                        The worst part is when you get subpoena for court it's not easy to get out of having to be there in person. That's why the love doing it. Most people would rather pay the ticket than having to travel. But if you have proof of insurance I would recommend contacting the local prosecutor. Shouldn't be a problem to fix.

Comment

The worst part is when you get subpoena for court it's not easy to get out of having to be there in person. That's why the love doing it. Most people would rather pay the ticket than having to travel. But if you have proof of insurance I would recommend contacting the local prosecutor. Shouldn't be a problem to fix.
                          That’s the reason behind the $600 then. They are trying to fuck him out of $600 because he lives on the other side of the country.

Even though it’s not me in the hot seat it still kind of pisses me off that they do this shit and I bet 9 times out of 10 they get away with it. Fuckin crooks.
                          Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-30-2012, 03:12 AM.

Comment

But was their any issue in your home state or just in washington?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                              But was their any issue in your home state or just in washington?
                              Nope, they made a phone call, sent some papers, and I had no license. Period. And if you don't follow through you will have a warrant out an it is possible to find yourself in trouble then. Met a guy who spent a week in jail after 10 years because he was out of the area for a while. When he came back he got picked up.

That’s the reason behind the $600 then. They are trying to fuck him out of $600 because he lives on the other side of the country.

Even though it’s not me in the hot seat it still kind of pisses me off that they do this shit and I bet 9 times out of 10 they get away with it. Fuckin crooks.
                              No, they charge everyone for that much, not just out of towners.

Comment

Working...
                              X