Auto store stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto store stories

Just went to auto zone. Needed an 8mm deep socket and I've been looking for a purolator pure one oil filter. Can't find it. Gave up bought one at auto zone.

So I asked
    could you look up what oil filter I need?

"Sure, over here" (he had to move to a different register, at my auto zone its like they have 2 people working and 4 computes that only do one thing each)

"What car?"

92' accord

"what year and make?"

nineteen-ninety-two honda accord

"you got 2 choices, fram or STP. I would get the fram"

Why is that?

"well it has better filtering properties"

Ok... How so

"well it just uses better filtering media, thats all"

I'll just take the STP then.

discuss and share some stories
    Last edited by Quashish; 12-05-2012, 07:01 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

"I'll just take the STP then." thats like a big fuck you

I went to autozone not long ago with a busted bypass coolant hose. the guy looked up the part on the computer and told me he does not have it but he can sell me just a foot of hose. he said that was what the part i brought in was and it WAS NOT preformed. about an hour later i go to put the hose on and bam...kinked. I was pissed and almost stranded because i could not miss work. luckley i remember something my dad taught me and just clipped off the bad part of the hose and made the repair. i dont go to that autozone anymore. and i dont ask their advice anymore either. thats what i have you guys for
    visit vgruk

Comment

Never ask for advice from the autozone guys unless you know them and they are Honda guys...

I once got the wrong A/C belt from a girl, even after giving her my old belt for comparison. I got home without even looking at it and then I was stranded...

Comment

O'reillys is horrible, went back and forth like 3 times and they kept giving me the wrong seal even though i told them the exact part, model make year etc, the part number and brought it in for them to compare but they kept saying it would work. Now I just buy parts from the dealership cause they give me the right part the first time every time

Comment

I hardly ever go to AutoZone BUT I have gotten the wrong part before from Advance Auto. The most recent time was a heater hose. The one i got was far too short for it to reach where it needed to go. I ended up having to ride my bicycle and it wasn't exactly a short trip (and I am out of shape also) Couldn't just put the old hose on once i figured out the other hose was too short because i had to cut the old one off.
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

that's exactly why I only go to parts stores for oil and stuff to was my car with, well except Napa, I bought UCA's from them for my cb and they were beefier then the oem ones, and had a snap ring around the ball joint

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
            1992 Accord EX Coupe
            My FS Thread
            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
            Originally posted by deevergote
            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I can't say that I have ever had a bad experience at a parts store. Now I work at Smyth Parts Plus and I have got to say that these guys are actually really good. They will look up on the computers for what you need but when it sounds fishy, they will get out the heavy books to cross reference things.

Now last night when I was working this guy comes in asking for a quick fix for a radiator leak and was asking for that stop leak crap. Anyhow the counter guy suggested that he not use that BC it'd create a bigger headache in the end when it clogs up everything else besides the leak. Instead he said to use JB weld BC the leak was on the plastic neck of the radiator; a little crack. Anyhow the guy still bought the store leak.

Comment

I still have the know at all at autozone looking for me a radiator cap for a 66 beetle, he swares he sold one before. I also told him I need a special blinker fluid for the beetle. " he cought that one" so I told him, not like that. It's got hydrolic brakes that push through a valve that makes the lights work...he knew exactly what I was talking about...his uncle had one, so he informed me dot 4 would work fine

Comment

I've got a few stories but to much to write out i will however say this...

Napa is about the best in service, parts, and price. All but two people i've seen at autozone are complete morons when it comes to any mechanics, i mean dumber than a box of rocks.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I have never had a single problem with advance auto parts, on the other hand, C.A.P. has always given me problems. First thing was my brakes for the CB7. I told the guy that I had a 1991 honda accord lx and I needed front rotors, wheel bearings and pads. He gave me CB9 rotors, cb7 pads and the only 1 wheel bearing because that's all they had. I didn't accept the wheel bearing because it was a cheaper brand. Anyway, I didn't notice the cb9 rotors until they were pressed in and the caliper didn't fit. I ended up just upgrading to 11.1" rotors and had to exchange the pads for Odyssey pads. They gave me a hard time because I needed Odyssey pads instead. But I finally got it done after a few days of bs.

The second time was with my pickup. I went to buy all brand new breaks for the truck and C.A.P. was the best bang for my buck. Anyway, I strictly told the guy I need everything to do front and rear brakes and the make and model of my truck. He asked me if it was 5 lug or 7 lug and if it had rotors in the back. I clearly told him I have 5 lug and it did have rotors in the back. He comes back with drums like an idiot and after I tell him he goes and gets the discs. I saw they were discs and just went to go replace them since I was in a hurry. When I get there I notice they were 7 lug I go back angry and tell him that I clearly told him they were 5 lug and finally get the right parts.

Now I just don't even go to C.A.P. I go to advance auto parts. They always give me the right part and I know everybody who works there so I get a 10% discount on everything.

Comment

Geeze, over the decades ive had everything from wrong part in the box to wrong bearings 4 times over through special order. Took 3 1/2 months to get right.

Used oreillys once to turn my rotors, yeah they ruined them. Leaky exhaust, faulty brand new sensors and basically a little of everything in between.

Oreillys, advanced, auto zone.... Doesn't matter. Buy enough shit long enough and over the years you will see it all. I recently bought a magnaflow cat converter that came shipped from rockauto as some off brand bullshit.

They fixed it, I'm just saying. You buy enough shit from enough parts suppliers and all of them will fail you once in a while.

I always keep my receipts and inspect my own shit before leaving the store. Actually most of the time now I buy online, from rockauto. Even though they've fucked up a few orders, they fix it right away with no bs about it and are almost always cheaper.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I worked there and had 1 complaint. Some 7ft black dude accused me of being racist. Then the manager was like, "Dont you see that he was helping some one else? He cant help you I can help you" That made it worse. He proceeded to call me a white boy and that I was in his hood lets go out side yada yada. I didnt say shit, I slid a ice pick in my belt and clocked out and immediately the dude shit bricks.

Any way aside from dealing with all types of accents looks genders sexual orientations etc (pretty fun seeing random people) I only had 1 complaint. I'm not saying im knowledgeable in cars but I think I sold the wrong belt to a black guy once because I asked him if he had a 312 or a 360 dodge engine . 5.2 or 5.9 v8 and he kept telling me "its the big one, its the big one, its the big one god damn boy dont you understand I got the big 1?". So I sold him the wrong shit his fault not mine. I was everyones faviorate :/ oh well.

Im always on my toes cause AUTOZONE pays the lowest they can, so if they pay 7.15 an hour I doubt a VET auto salesman is working there.

Comment

Went to advanced one time, told them I wanted to change tranny fuid (5speed) that I want to get castro motor oil for. Guy swore up and down you can't use motor in 5 speed honda's.

I said, give me 2 bottles for free rite now, and ill change it in front of you, so you can see whts in my trans... he said nothing.

Was shocked I can use motor oil in tran for 5 speed.
                          **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                          Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                          Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You need a weapon to defend your self against fist? LAWLZ.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                              You need a weapon to defend your self against fist? LAWLZ.
                              I get the job done. not like I was the aggressor.

Any way bro I think you should have used GM syncro instead.

But in all seriousness its not the employees fault that autoparts skimp and cheap out or cut corners any way possible. That is why I hate autozone. They basically ask you to make T-Giving dinner dinner with a can of creamed corn and crumbled crackers.

Comment

Working...
                              X