This GUY at my job ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    It makes it easier to stall when taking off, and it makes upshifting and downshifting more difficult. The lighter flywheel spins up faster and slows down faster... meaning if you don't shift quickly, your RPMs will be in a bad spot, making for an uncomfortable shift.
    It's a decent upgrade when you're used to it, but it can be a pain in the butt for a DD. Especially as you get used to it. My 11lb wheel was bad enough! The super light ones are even worse.
    oh okay, thanks for the reply. sounds like it could put undue wear on the syncros and not really feasible for DD.

Comment

^ Thanks for the advice. I am a chill guy(ask F20A cb7)and i barely have problems with people since im so nice but when i help people and i get treated like how he's treating me now kind of grinds my gears. He bought a set of HIDs on honda day but couldn't figure out why they didn't work. I told him to switch the poles since HIDs usually have this problem. For a week he could not figure it out till i got tired and did it for him. Next day he came in and said his 8k HIDs are better than my 43k HIDs becuase they look more blueish than mine. He also said the bluer the light the better visibility you get.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

i think i wouldve stabbed this guy already

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
        It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
          ^ Thanks for the advice. I am a chill guy(ask F20A cb7)and i barely have problems with people since im so nice but when i help people and i get treated like how he's treating me now kind of grinds my gears. He bought a set of HIDs on honda day but couldn't figure out why they didn't work. I told him to switch the poles since HIDs usually have this problem. For a week he could not figure it out till i got tired and did it for him. Next day he came in and said his 8k HIDs are better than my 43k HIDs becuase they look more blueish than mine. He also said the bluer the light the better visibility you get.
          NP, I dont even know the kid but all this shit talk coming out of his cock holster I already wanna slap the taste out his mouth. Sounds fucking annoying and dumb as shit to boot. Id park far away from him and avoid like the plauge, I guess you feeding into it now he's attached himself to you like a friggin parasite. A parasite that whispers bullshit into your ear when all you want is a symbiotic relationship lol.. shit i dunno man. Ill come to cali in my beater..oh wait..emmisions..Ill take a 54 hour bus ride to cali and smash his car with him if you want haha.

Comment

steal his valve cores then put his valve stem caps back on. Let him figure out why his tires won't hold air (only works if he's as dumb as he sounds)

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I wouldn't even feed into his bs because I dealt with people like that all my life especially people in some people in reading pa they think they better then everyone else if he want to race tell him when the weather gets nice to hit up maple grove and both of yall could race there instead of doing it in the street. It will give him some time to put all that ebay crap he wants on is car

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                out of ignorance, whats a lightened flywheel do to a DD? do you have to do high rev drop clutch takeoffs? Id assume the inertial weight of the oem flywheel helps with controllable low speed take offs?
                Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                It makes it easier to stall when taking off, and it makes upshifting and downshifting more difficult. The lighter flywheel spins up faster and slows down faster... meaning if you don't shift quickly, your RPMs will be in a bad spot, making for an uncomfortable shift.
                It's a decent upgrade when you're used to it, but it can be a pain in the butt for a DD. Especially as you get used to it. My 11lb wheel was bad enough! The super light ones are even worse.
                This.

The revs drop of so quick in between shifts that it makes rev matching essential. It sounds wicked when you rev it though because it wraps up so quickly.

People get used to it after a while. But a 3rd gen Accord has a cable clutch. I had a 7lb flywheel with a 6 puck Comp Clutches Clutch. That combo made it a royal bitch to drive normal. And when trying to back up the car just clanks and lurches while your having to rev it up enough to actually move the car. I got so pissed that sometimes taking off I just hit rev limiter and dump it because I didn’t want to deal with it. But speed shifting is awesome with that combo and very efficient.

A really strong race clutch doesn’t slip it grabs periodically. And you have to use those grabs to move the car. With a ridiculous high reverse gear like all Hondas seem to have it makes backing up a pain. Then add a super lightweight flywheel and your really having a tough time. AND with the cable clutch your leg is hardly stiff enough to push the clutch in. You have to stand on it with your weight and release slowly.
                Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-30-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                  This.

The revs drop of so quick in between shifts that it makes rev matching essentail. It sounds wicked when you rev it though because it wraps up so quick.

People get used to it after a while. But a 3rd gen Accord has a cable clutch. I had a 7lb flywheel with a 6 puck Comp Clutches Clutch. That combo made it a royal bitch to drive normal. And when trying to back up the car just clanks and lurches while your having to rev it up enough to actually move the car. I got so pissed that sometimes taking off I just hit rev limiter and dump it because I didn’t want to deal with it. But speed shifting is awesome with that combo and very efficient.

A really strong race clutch doesn’t slip it grabs periodically. And you have to use those grabs to move the car. With a ridiculous high reverse gear like all Hondas seem to have it makes backing up a pain. Then add a super lightweight flywheel and your really having a tough time. AND with the cable clutch your leg is hardly stiff enough to push the clutch in. You have to stand on it with your weight and release slowly.

Thanks for the reply, commited to memory. Kinda glad im staying with the slushbox..for now

Comment

I remember modding my first car. Just build a show car then you'll have an excuse not to race him.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
                      I remember u tellin me about this guy. He likes to show off... ppl like this annoy me. Ok he got a freshly painted cb and? Buy him stickers.

Daddy made and ebay bought.
                      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

This.

The revs drop of so quick in between shifts that it makes rev matching essential. It sounds wicked when you rev it though because it wraps up so quickly.

I guess I can attest here about the lightweight flywheel too. As stated it is a bitch to drive until you get used it. Honestly I miss it due to the fact that I can't shit a quick as I would like. And those whom I let drive mine didn't know how to drive it in the first place and stuttered a bit with it. And a lighter flywheel can improve gas mileage too. But that just my 2 cents.
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                          I can't shit as quick as I would like.
                          Sounds like a personal problem

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
                          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

This.

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
                              Sounds like a personal problem
                              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                                I guess I can attest here about the lightweight flywheel too. As stated it is a bitch to drive until you get used it. Honestly I miss it due to the fact that I can't shit a quick as I would like. And those whom I let drive mine didn't know how to drive it in the first place and stuttered a bit with it. And a lighter flywheel can improve gas mileage too. But that just my 2 cents.

There were times when I liked it.

My Combo was ridiculous for the street and with a cable clutch. It wasn’t until I had to drive it to work in the morning that I didn’t really care for it.

At not being able to shit quick. That sucks man. But a short shiter will solve that problem.

Thats reminds me of a friend I had growing up who had a spech impediemnt. We would drag race each other on Need For Speed all the time. I cant count how many times he would say "Dammit, I shart shit".
                                Last edited by H311RA151N; 01-30-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X