• Show
Clear All

Playstation 4

how many watched the conference?

so far what we know:

8gb ram
    8 core x86 cpu
    GDDR5 memory
    the ability to access your console through the PS Vita, tablets and smart phones, and browsers.
    the controller will have a touch pad, and headset jack, and a light bar
    fully backwards compatible with every playstation game ever made from the ps1 to ps3(not out of the box, and digital only from the sound of it via cloud)

one of the things that I am interested in is the share function, being able to have you friends watch you play, and help out by looking around for you, or even taking over if you are having trouble, hmmm.

near complete specs
    http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf

I was very impressed pretty much throughout the whole live stream.

heres a few videos of the games they showed

note: every single video was made using the in-game engine, no part was made just to make the game look better

Killzone ShadowFall

DriveClub

Watch Dogs

Destiny, which is also a PS3 and XBOX360 game

Deep Down(working title)

Final Fantasy 15(not confirmed) using Square Enix's new Luminous Engine, also this is real time tech demo

Knack
    Last edited by almostJDM; 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM.

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

I'll get it for the backwards compatibility alone, but the controller needs to stay the same. I dont care about all the other techy features, i use my ps3 to play games and movies, everything else seems pointless unless they decide to make it work like a pc with a controller. Upgrade from that useless mobile browser and allow us to run real software programs so i dont have to boot up my laptop to do anything with substance.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Still prefer the Xbox for it's online gaming service. Yea it's $50-60 a year but you get what you pay for.

Comment

did they mention anything about the lack of an optical drive? That's a deal breaker for me if there if everything is DLC only.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          did they mention anything about the lack of an optical drive? That's a deal breaker for me if there if everything is DLC only.
          No I don't think it will be DLC only, as it will have a bluray player still so it will have an optical drive, and if it is backwards compatible with EVERY PS game ever, then obv they won't have them ALL on the network, so they woud retain the optical drive.

Comment

I don't like the idea of the share button.
            1993 Accord EX
            2011 Subaru STi

Comment

Originally posted by PUMASTi View Post
              I don't like the idea of the share button.
              Ya Im not really "blown" away by the improvments.

I do like the hardware specs(esp since now it will have an N wireless card lol)

But I will never share my game with anyone, and I wont ever own a Vita so all that social networking is bs to me.

Better specs, improved controller, updated bluray and wireless card, and the backward compatabilty is all I needed.

I've heard it will be between 450-550$?!??!

FUCK THAT.

Ill wait till it's $200 lol.

Comment

And lol at the xbox guys.....you do know a bunch of xbox exclusive devs just signed on with Sony!??!?!?

And trust me when I say it's not because xbox is better LMAO.

Comment

near complete system specs, just missing a few small details like cpu and gpu clocks speeds, and hard drive size(s)

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130221a_e.pdf
                  Last edited by almostJDM; 02-21-2013, 10:39 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                  My FS Thread
                  Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

I am an xbox guy, always have been. I personally agree that the online gaming is better for xbox.

My son has a ps3 and a pretty nice led tv in his room. Compared to the 360, the graphics are a lot better on the ps3.

I still think the gameplay that the 360 offers online is better.

The ps4 will have optical drive. They said select titles will still come with install discs and shit.

Curious what kind of hardware and shit the 720 will have now that the ps4 has shown its hand.
                    Originally posted by wed3k
                    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

yeah although I am a playstation fan through and through, I am looking forward to seeing the next xbox specs, also from what was said the the conference the network on ps4 will have everything xbox live has and then some, well except the stupid avatards, thats just pure ***, but lets see what M$ adds to xbox live
                      Last edited by almostJDM; 02-21-2013, 11:29 AM.

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                      My FS Thread

Comment

Ive always thought the PlayStation systems had the graphics/games, and the Xbox had the best network.
                        Seeing these specs makes me want to beef up my PC. 8 Cores, Im betting it comes from AMD in some sort of way? Im not sure Intel has 8 Core processor. I have an old Phenom II x4 555, its time to start looking into a new mobo and cpu.
                        Last edited by jhoff; 02-21-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

yeah its an AMD Jaguar cpu, designed for the ps4, luckily my pc is already a beast, but I only play FPS(aside from Killzone) and MMO's on it, everything else gets played on my playstation, so it will be nice to see what games will be offered, although a few are given, GT6, Final Fantasy Titles, COD, Killzone, Uncharted, GTAV, the next few Battlefield games, Little Big planet, along with the ones I listed above

1992 Accord EX Coupe
                          My FS Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                            Ive always thought the PlayStation systems had the graphics/games, and the Xbox had the best network.
                            Seeing these specs makes me want to beef up my PC. 8 Cores, Im betting it comes from AMD in some sort of way? Im not sure Intel has 8 Core processor. I have an old Phenom III x4 555, its time to start looking into a new mobo and cpu.
                            Exactly lol.

Ya XBOX has always had the better network gaming, but honestly ive played online with friends on PSN and with random people, and ive played friends xbox online, and imo, id take the free network anyday.

Im not sure what makes xbox so much better since I don't own one, but I have a small criteria for online gaming-

1. Can I login?

2. Is it free?

3. Can I play with friends?

Yes to all 3....im good....what more do you need!?

PSN has all of that....so what makes xbox so much better idk....

but in any case, PS3 was the stronger machine and id never choose online gaming to hardware EVER. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              I am an xbox guy, always have been. I personally agree that the online gaming is better for xbox.

My son has a ps3 and a pretty nice led tv in his room. Compared to the 360, the graphics are a lot better on the ps3.

I still think the gameplay that the 360 offers online is better.

The ps4 will have optical drive. They said select titles will still come with install discs and shit.

Curious what kind of hardware and shit the 720 will have now that the ps4 has shown its hand.

Sorry to break it to you, but... Xbox blows... and hard. Nothing like a multibillion dollar company trying to get MORE money, and i love microsoft but xbox can not and will NEVER compete with PS 2/3/4. Where you said you get what you pay for, how so ? Because you have a friends list and messaging ? everything that the Xbox has the PS3 has you may need to download an app but its free and id rather run Skype for video calling if i want to use my TV as a screen then be limited on the xbox friends list...

At the end of the day, Q: what do you really get from paying for xbox live besides a nice GUI ? A: The same shit thats on the PS3(again you may have to DL an app, but its free forever... ill just DL an app)
                              Last edited by tutsuo; 02-21-2013, 01:36 PM.
                              Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X