Lowered combined with rough roads & traffic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered combined with rough roads & traffic

I know that the roads here are worse than most in the rest of the country. But I know others here can relate.

There are a lot of train tracks, poorly constructing roads and entrances here. All of which require going slow and careful maneuvering.

You simply have to go slow or slow down. The reason I created this thread is I want to see what other people have to say about traffic when rough bumps or holes require slowing down and maneuvering.

-

Are we at fault if slowing down causes someone to rear end us?

Is the road department at fault?

Who will be held liable if a lowered car slows down to cross rough train tracks and another driver in a hurry hits them?

Everyone has to go slower (or should) but cars that are lowered need to go "excessively slow" over some obstacles.

-

I have a hard time with other drivers in both my vehicles. I go to slow down and someone is always unsafely close to my back bumper. Its annoying and frankly it pisses me off. But who is really at fault? If an accident occurs who is more likely to be held liable?

-

The neighbor kid has a boosted hatch that is just too low if you ask me. He has the same problem but I can kind of see both sides of the coin with him because he is so low he is tucking steelies with factory 15" tires. And tucking them at least 2".

But he has gotten so tired of it that he has rigged up an apparatus. Its very stupid and could cause a whole lot of bad things. But when someone gets all pissy and tries to run me over when I have to go slow it gives me satisfaction to know that he is roaming around the streets spraying brake fluid of the front ends of impatient drivers cars with a long tube and a washer nozzle.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

well tbh I came in here expecting pics of a bumper or exhaust damaged...

In texas if you get hit in the rear then its not your fault no matter what. even if you slam the brakes to do an illegal u turn, and some one rear ends your car then its not your fault... texas... fuxking hix.

Comment

It is seen that way here too to a large degree.

Most of the time the officer says they are following too close, going to fast, or not paying attention.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Then just drive how you need to, I recently decided to slow down my driving habit, and wow the accord is a slow pig when not abusing it. One thing I noticed it driving in the rain with my car it tends to slide alot when I brake. So I have to drive slow, and yes people do get upset butt-fuck them, I might just remove my rear bumper supprt so when I get in a wreck I gets more moneis lol

Comment

I go slow and I'm going to continue that habit. I just wonder what everyone else here thinks about the situation someone lowered gets into on a daily basis.

Comment

Drivers are required to maintain control of their vehicle at all times. Being low and driving slow over obstacles is an annoyance, but they are required to be aware, and slow/stop accordingly.
            However, it's not entirely impossible for a judge to put some of the responsibility on the owner of the lowered car, since their modifications and their driving habits are at the root of the incident. Had they not been lowered and going abnormally slow, they would not have been there to be hit!

I drive for a living, and I've used my CB7 for work (no power steering, lowered on H&R Race and Koni Yellows.) There are some awful roads where I work. City roads with more potholes than asphalt, dirt roads, yuppie neighborhoods with a massive speedbump every 30 feet...
            I am by no means slammed, but low enough to be annoyed by those things. I've never had to go obnoxiously slow over anything, though.

Comment

if you arent intentionally trying to cause an accident then the person behind you should provide enough space for emergency braking.

i tailgate but i fully anticipate on rear ending someone. (whether i stop is up to me lol)
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Do you put your hazards on and look both ways like a bus at railroad crossing?
                LOL, my buddy had a civic, wasn`t too low, but the bodykit hung so far down he had to STOP, then slowly creep over things... uber annoying, and so not cool.
                I slow down, take all my inclines @ a 45 and to the guy/girl riding my ass behind me,... "Go Fuck Yourself!" tailgaters are the worst, Pass or get Off my Ass.!

Driving a lowered car in any neighborhood, state/province is going to be a challenge. Especially if your unfamiliar with the area.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

I slow down at everything and swerve to miss potholes. I don't want to bust a rim. Our Main Street down town has huge manhole covers. One day I was avoiding them and got pulled over for suspision of drunk driving. The cop wanted me to take a field test, and I just said "where's the breathalyzer?" After blowing a 0, he let me go. I had just got off work, and it was 4am on a Saturday to his defense. He did ask how I know where they all are in the dark, I just told him it dosent take but one time of hitting them to remember.

But train tracks are the worst. Most of our crossings are wood. I nearly come to a stop going over them, because you never know if say a 18 wheeler has taken a chunk out of them. And it seems everytime someone is on my ass. I just go slower, fuck em

Comment

If someone rear ended you accident or not its still their fault because they should be traveling with enough cushion space for error for safety ...unless you happen to live in a no-fault state then the rules change.

To be honest with you I tend not to travel behind lowered cars since they are bound to make unpredictable maneuvers anyway. I've seen SUV's do the same swerving out the way when they are 11 inches off the ground wow.... Really?

Comment

Agreed with all the comments. Drive as slow as you like, nothing wrong with being extra cautious. If you were an 18-wheeler or school bus with a senstive load then you'd be driving that slow anyways. Don't see people honking and tailgating them. Problem is not you, its them.

Comment

Wait, so the neighbor kid is driving around spraying brake fluid out his rear bumper?
                        Anyone else see a problem with this?
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I see that most of you look at it the same way I do. If someone is going slower than the rest of traffic, no matter what the reason, other drivers should make proper accommodations for the slower driver. If they do not and that causes an accident, the driver in a hurry is at fault.

I was looking for people on the other side of the coin too and I got an answer or two from that direction also. So thats good.

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                          Wait, so the neighbor kid is driving around spraying brake fluid out his rear bumper?
                          Anyone else see a problem with this?
                          Idk about anyone else but I don't think its morally right. Civic guys seem to be like that though. From what I can tell anyways. They earn being treated the way they are. Most of them anyhow.

But on the other hand bad things happen to ass hole people. Karma or what ever you want to call it. You fuck with people and one day you might get someone thats stands up to your shit. Just how they do that is up to them. But neither party is completely innocent.

I do not act like someone on the roads that anyone would want to do a thing like that to so I do not really care. Now if someone was doing it to everyone just to do it or for fun then yeah, thats not only morally incorrect but its complete and total bull shit that deserves an ass kicking.
                          Last edited by 2winRB25; 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

http://money.msn.com/now/post--which...he-worst-roads

according to this list Missouri's roads are some of the best in the country... Pennsylvania however not so much ... roads here suck.

anyway i'm not sure of the traffic laws in Missouri but here if your car is hit in the rear regardless of what you are doing, the other party is at fault. For instance my first accident was in my first CB i was doing about 60 in the right lane behind a big ass pick up. So i moved over to the empty left lane. Much to my surprise there was a 2009 Lexus SUV stopped in the left lane. that didn't end well.

none the less it was my fault for not being in control of my vehicle at all times

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

Originally posted by Nyne521 View Post
                              http://money.msn.com/now/post--which...he-worst-roads

according to this list Missouri's roads are some of the best in the country... Pennsylvania however not so much ... roads here suck.

anyway i'm not sure of the traffic laws in Missouri but here if your car is hit in the rear regardless of what you are doing, the other party is at fault. For instance my first accident was in my first CB i was doing about 60 in the right lane behind a big ass pick up. So i moved over to the empty left lane. Much to my surprise there was a 2009 Lexus SUV stopped in the left lane. that didn't end well.

none the less it was my fault for not being in control of my vehicle at all times
                              That is complete and total bull shit. I have been to PA many times, out south of the burg, in coal country. The roads are about the same there as they are here.

Thats not directed at you by the way, thank you for posting that. I'm glad you did but that info not correct at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X