• Show
Clear All

"Mom! Dad! Can I get a Viper?"

http://www.theiowachannel.com/news/4280351/detail.html

Van Meter Student Dies In Car Crash
    Driver Taken To Hospital

POSTED: 6:33 pm CST March 13, 2005
    UPDATED: 9:42 am CST March 14, 2005

DES MOINES, Iowa -- One man died after a fatal crash Saturday night in Van Meter.

Andrew Robison, 17, was driving his 2004 Dodge Viper northbound on R-16, when it went off the road and hit a utility pole at about 5:37 p.m. Saturday, according to an Iowa State Patrol report.

Trevor Stewart

The passenger, 18-year-old Trevor Stewart, died in the crash. Robison was taken by helicopter to an area hospital.

Police said charges are pending.

Stewart was a senior at Van Meter High School. The school district's superintendent said that counselors will be at school Monday to talk to student.

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

Damn I wonder what he was doing so that he would lose control. that sucks though

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

haha damn rich people.... Gottta love them. Poor kid

Comment

That is just sad, and completely stupid. What parent in their right mind would give their kid a 500 hp car...

Maybe because I'm older now I see it, but kids shouldn't be allowed to have such powerful cars. Hell, I'm sure I'd be in rough shape if I had a fast car when I was tougner. I don't care what anyone says...you explore the power and limits of your car.

My mom gave me a list of cars I couldn't buy when I went to get my car...at the time it pissed me off, now I understand what she was doing.

Comment

i call speed and inexperience the two factors that caused this. damn rich people

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Originally posted by Ron CB7
            Damn I wonder what he was doing so that he would lose control. that sucks though

500hp RWD my friend. Its not hard, ecspecially for a kid who doesn't know how to drive

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
            www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ron CB7
              He must have down-shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sho Nuff
                He must have down-shifted.
                its a 500hp car that his parents bought him, its automatic, duh

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

dayum...that sucks...poor passenger ....i wonder what that driver was doing
                  Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
                    dayum...that sucks...poor passenger ....i wonder what that driver was doing
                    I would tell you but im at school lol

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                      I would tell you but im at school lol
                      wtf? what does school have anything to do with not telling him

Comment

they should charge both, the parents and the kid

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                        JDM H22
                        Port n Polished Int Mani
                        Bored TB, maxed
                        MSD 6A
                        I/H/E
                        no cat
                        [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                          charge the kid with what? doing what 9/10 other people his age do? gonna charge all the kids?

so what if the passenger died, shit happens, he was there because he wanted to be seen in the viper......stupid? yes...........criminal? no, that's just stupid........

another instance where better parenting could have saved a life.....worry less about your kid's social status and more about their well being......idiotas

but not criminals, not the way the law is set up

i gotta go with this guy on this. the passenger should have had his seat belt on if he was going to get in that car. you never know what can happen in a car even if you just drive down the street.
                          Xbox: cityslika4g63

Comment

Yeah, everyone knew the risks... Although im sure if the parents of the kid who was killed have money... they will sue the driver.. since money can change laws. Only ones to blame in this situation are the parents.

Speaking of how messed up our legal system is...

A guy delivering pizza's parked in front of the store to grab a new delivery. Right after he ran in, some kid stole his car, and ended up in a high speed chase w/cops.. totalled car. And get this, the parents of the kid who stole the car, are sueing the kid that got his car stolen, because "If he wouldnt have left the keys in the car, our child wouldnt have stolen the car" So this kid gets his car stolen, and they want to sue him. WTF

I wish our laws were like anywhere else... the thief and his parents would be done..

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                              That is just sad, and completely stupid. What parent in their right mind would give their kid a 500 hp car...

Maybe because I'm older now I see it, but kids shouldn't be allowed to have such powerful cars. Hell, I'm sure I'd be in rough shape if I had a fast car when I was tougner. I don't care what anyone says...you explore the power and limits of your car.

My mom gave me a list of cars I couldn't buy when I went to get my car...at the time it pissed me off, now I understand what she was doing.
                              See I like the strategy that your mom used. I wanted a Ford Thunderbird S/C just so I could match up with my best friend who had a 5.0 . My mom wouldn't let me as well.

Thats how I ended up with my car.

That is a parent who is well aware of what their own child is capable of. That kid that got the Viper....yay for him he got a new car less than a week ago only to wreck it.

Thats a high powered car and even I wouldn't touch it. As for his friend who died..hey they made seatbelt laws for a reason. Go on and become Gods 'new' angel or the Devils 'new' bitch.

I just wonder whats gonna happen to the parents of the driver..like whats there line of thinking or how the really feel.

I just saw a 1998 Viper GTS Coupe last night and fuck was that thing fast. I'd rather own a Supra than a 10 cyl car that gets 10-15 miles per gallon.

Oh and CpMike it was a 6 speed.
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X