Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the best TV series ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'm watching Supernatural right now. It is indeed a great show. Even better if you're a nerd, because of all the nerdy references! There are over a dozen Joss Whedon actors appearing throughout the series (like Kaylee from Firefly )
    They actually did a short little anime thing about the show. It wasn't bad but Im not an anime guy so i just kinda listened more than watch.

Comment

The Simpsons... it is the longest running American tv show of all time. Surpassed Gunsmoke a few years back. It has touched almost every issue that they could possibly think of. The story has never began to lack any of the original elements and stays true to the characteristics of the original characters.
      **quick mention on Futurama. Amazing use of 3d animation to create the style of animation that they use**

Scrubs - amazing show. so many great guest stars, along with a very talented cast. Ken Jenkins (Dr. Kelso) is phenomenal and John C. McGinley has some of the best performances in a show I've ever seen. In one episode it can take you from laughing so hard you tear up or so sad that you might start crying multiple times (hahah). Seriously, some of the episodes can hit you really hard. However, the final (9th) season can be completely ignored. Many of the main actors left and the show changed too much from the original 8 seasons.

Bonanza - I love Westerns... any Westerns. I don't even care what it is. However, Bonanza brings back so many memories for me (I've been to the Ponderosa Ranch where it was filmed). The show is just very interesting and fun to watch. Very good storylines and great characters.

New Girl - Just started its third season. The first two proved to be very impressive. All the actors are extremely talented. Every main character is played by an actor who has never done a sitcom as main characters. Each has only done guest spots or starred in movies. It is amazing to see how they work together and create this show. Its extremely funny and very original. Some of the funniest characters on TV right now.

Many other shows listed previously would be on my list, but I had to mention some that haven't been mentioned yet ( I know Simpsons was already). I'll probably stop back in to mention more, as I feel I am forgetting some.
      Last edited by oni_cb7; 09-18-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I dig New Girl. It's interesting because ALL of the characters are terribly flawed. Some things can seem fairly outrageous, but there are aspects of each character that really make them seem human. It's an interesting thing to see (and interesting to note how rarely it is done so well!)

Scrubs was indeed amazing... and the 9th season blew chunks. Honestly, that should've been a spin-off, not a 9th season of the original. Honestly, I think that was what they were trying to go for... but the characters were way too lame to carry the show.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          ATHF has a plot? I just watched the entire first season (all Netflix has ) and it really is hilarious. It makes so little sense that it... makes sense.

Futurama was underappreciated in its first run, and I still don't think many people get it. Like the Simpsons, there's a LOT of high-brow stuff hidden in there. The animation is also amazing. The opening sequence is incredibly complex!
          I'm kinda sad to see it go... again. I didn't get it the first time around either, but I've watched all the old episodes. So good.
          Spoiler alert........ATF.....They are super heroes.
          Last edited by cb7 calling; 09-18-2013, 07:22 PM.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

But didn't they stop super-heroing after episode 3, when the writers realized it's funnier just to keep making them do crazy ish?

Comment

There are a lot of things I really like but I still watch Miami Vice. I would not say it is the best.The drug kingpins always had bad ass cars in an era when they were not very common.

The best would probably be Tom and Jerry.
              Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

I didn't mention these because I don't have anything to say much other than "they captivate me." But, when I watch TV and movies, that's why, to completely captivate me and escape from reality: brain switch: "Mostly Off."

Game of Thrones <-- HBO has a huge budget, which lets them make a really captivating show, regardless of whether or not the plot line and etc. is good or not.
                Hell on Wheels <-- I actually really enjoy watching this show. I can't pinpoint what they're doing that makes me enjoy it, but Bohannon's character, actually most of the main characters, are fun to watch evolve.

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned LOST. That was a really good show.
                  Currently
                  Revolution- I think there was a thread about this show, I like it because it makes you wonder what it would be like having everything you're used to having stripped away.
                  Once Upon a Time- The misses and I watch this together. It's pretty cool how they tie all different fairy tales into real life people. Plus it's from the makers of LOST.
                  Revenge- Another one the misses and I watch, pretty cool show filled with attractive women who have elaborate plans to destroy a family name to right a wrong.
                  Bar Rescue- A show that makes me firmly believe I can run a successful bar just from watching.
                  Brooklyn Nine-Nine- Just started, seems like it's gonna be pretty funny.

Comment

It's always sunny in Philadelphia! The stupid shit they do is unique and random, I mean come on, Kitten Mittens!?

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                    BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                    Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                    CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

Super natural,Prison break was good i'm almost done with it. One that I think that no one has said but it is by far my favorite is Franklin and bash.

Comment

I really liked Boston Legal. Shatner was his usual hilarious self and James Spader's character was highly addictive to watch. Great acting on the whole series. I'm currently anticipating James Spader's new series (the Blacklist) that is about to hit the airwaves later this month.

Comment

The Simpsons, been on since I was like 6...24 years later i still watch it. Its usually on DVR though

Comment

Originally posted by floored View Post
                            The Simpsons, been on since I was like 6...24 years later i still watch it. Its usually on DVR though
                            I didn't think people actually still watched that show no offense

BB6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=200445<Summer Lover
                            BD6->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194262<Dailey/Future AutoX
                            Mazda 6s->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201313<Wifes
                            CB7->http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189108<Sold

Comment

i do so does my kid. let the kids watch it we all turned out fine......

lol.
                              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

The Simpsons has gotten better over the past few years. They've stepped it up to compete with Family Guy.

The thing with the Simpsons is that most of the humor is high-brow (hard to believe, right?) Almost ALL of the writers are accomplished graduates of prestigious schools. At this point, they can afford the best.
                                The bottom line is that the majority of the humor on the Simpsons is probably beyond the social/intellectual/historical awareness of the average viewer (myself included...not claiming to be special here!) It seems bland because there are few dick and fart jokes.

Comment

Working...
                                X