Middle of nowhere MN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle of nowhere MN...

So I accepted a job in Jackson, MN and took the job. I'm now living out of a hotel while looking for a rental home. Here comes the twist, this town is TINY. So small in fact that there are no rental homes available. I'm going nutty. All I can do is live in this expensive (for the area) hotel and try and keep my sanity.

What would you do if you were stuck and damn near homeless in a small town many miles from your family?

The job is a good job and one of the best paying I have ever taken, but if I can't live anywhere and bring my family up from Texas I'm not sure of how long I will be able to keep my head straight.

Are there any reasonably close areas where you could live and still make the commute?
    I've lived in NJ all my life, so I'm not used to "small towns"... basically, every town bleeds into another.

Comment

I have searched high and low to get a 3+br that allows dogs for over a week. I looked as far as an hour drive in all directions. These towns have a ton of forclosures but no one wants to rent their homes just put them on the market to get sold until they are forclosed on because there is no buyers in the area. All of the locals laugh at me when I tell them what I am looking for.

The only way I can get a home is to buy one outright, but I've got poor credit due to college loans and I've always avoided credit cards. So buying a home is not in the equation either.

I have contacted realtors and asked them if they have clients willing to rent a unit and recoup funds they are losing by having it sit vacant, but they snidely respond that if they wanted to rent the house it would be on the rent market.

I have over $3300 in the local bank and I get paid $2500 every two weeks so I'm not poor or broke, just stuck...

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
        I have searched high and low to get a 3+br that allows dogs for over a week. I looked as far as an hour drive in all directions. These towns have a ton of forclosures but no one wants to rent their homes just put them on the market to get sold until they are forclosed on because there is no buyers in the area. All of the locals laugh at me when I tell them what I am looking for.

The only way I can get a home is to buy one outright, but I've got poor credit due to college loans and I've always avoided credit cards. So buying a home is not in the equation either.

I have contacted realtors and asked them if they have clients willing to rent a unit and recoup funds they are losing by having it sit vacant, but they snidely respond that if they wanted to rent the house it would be on the rent market.

I have over $3300 in the local bank and I get paid $2500 every two weeks so I'm not poor or broke, just stuck...
        usda rural program
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
          usda rural program
          ??? What is this?

I googled it and aparently it is non-essential to the government, therefor shut the f*ck down like Richard Simmons trying to slam dunk on Shaq...

Comment

??? What is this?
            check it out, i just found out about it today

http://usdawebsite.com/info_03/page_00.rad

Comment

You have to already own the property it looks like, plus I make too much money to qualify and my credit is below their threshold. So that don't float my boat. Even if it did the minimum ammount to borrow is $100,000 and I would really be hard pressed to find anything that costly in this area.

Comment

Is the a permanate stay or just for a while? If it's temp a rv or cheap mobile home may do the trick. I got a buddy who works construction and if he's at a job around a year, he buys a cheap trailer and stays there. Then when it's time to go he either sells it to owns the lot it's on or scraps it.

Comment

It'll be getting cold pretty soon up in MN.. An RV or mobile home may not be the best of choices......
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

You have to already own the property it looks like, plus I make too much money to qualify and my credit is below their threshold. So that don't float my boat. Even if it did the minimum ammount to borrow is $100,000 and I would really be hard pressed to find anything that costly in this area.
                    I have checked it out as best that I can and know that you don't have to own the property. I will try to find out the rest as soon as the shutdown ends.

Comment

Rv
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Well I'm around 2 1/2 hours from you so I can't help. I dont know to say, but I wish you luck. Let us know how everything is going.
                        Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                        CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                        Coupe MRT

Comment

Thats the worst man. I can relate to living out of a hotel, fuggin sucks after a while.

First few nights seem cool, by the second week its just feels wrong like having sex with a hooker and NOT paying for it.

Lol

By week 3 you are adjusting to gas station hot dogs, nacho's and any other food you can shoehorn in your room without spoiling. The staff gets familiar, the person working the desk starts to feel like you "know" them

Fucking sucks man.

I hope you find something soon. I spend way to much time in a hotel/motel. I demand suites now(its work related) vs hotel room if I am going to stay for more than a night or two. And even that SUCKS MY ASS.
                          Originally posted by wed3k
                          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

You couldn't describe it anymore accurate toycar.

Found a destroyed farmhouse to rent and repair for cheap. Hope all goes well tomorrow with the old farmer.

Comment

How did everything go? I hope you have a better place then the Hotel right now.
                              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                              Coupe MRT

Comment

Working...
                              X