Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your favorite features that are unique to this site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some of your favorite features that are unique to this site?

Since I run this place, I spend most of my time here. I often forget that there are a lot of things on this site that you won't find elsewhere! To me, this is just how things are done.

I'm curious to see what unique things you guys notice and appreciate.

One of my favorite features (and one that we strive to maintain) is the format of the Members' Rides section. A feature that was put in place long before I was even a moderator. I love that at a glance, you can see who owns what. It also makes searching that section very easy!

I'd agree with the format.

My absolute favorite feature, if you can even call it that, is still the color scheme.

The easiest hands down on the eyes, and I've traversed 1000s of forums and I'm a member on quite a few forums like most here.

Probably the reason why people can hang out here all day. It's like a dark bar....good peeps and good atmosphere lol.

Comment

I think the beginner's section was a great idea. Keeps the troll infestation down while still helping people who need it. The enter page is also something I haven't seen on other sites.

Edit: also ride of the month and year.

Comment

I keep forgetting we have the enter page! Ralphie has been the one to make new ones lately (and I sometimes remember to upload them.)

Comment

Realistically my personal favorite thing about the site is the fact that it is so specific to this vehicle platform, but the members don't shun other members when they bring up other vehicles.

Also, the die hard members that are and have been participating in the forum for years.

Comment

I agree with everyone here. My favorite feature is by far the info. So many times I find myself nodding my head and smiling like the guy in Gemini 's avatar. It is just so awesome to find all the answers I could ever want without having to wait.

Another thing I like a lot are the people. I absolutely love the community here.
            visit vgruk

Comment

There's a lot to love here, but I think one of my favorites is the vast amount of information here. I could probably find topic already out there for any issue with my cars. I also love the community specific to this platform. It's reassuring that there are others here (including other women) who "get it" when it comes to my obsession with these cars.

Comment

The best site for information on the cb chasiss next to Honda. knowledgeable members who willingly share their knowledge with those who are not.

Comment

I've been championing the rep system for some time now. I wish there was a way to make it more prominent. But oh well.

I personally would have moved this elsewhere, but you're the boss.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

the color scheme of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                      I've been championing the rep system for some time now. I wish there was a way to make it more prominent. But oh well.

I personally would have moved this elsewhere, but you're the boss.
                      I activated the rep system grudgingly... I actually don't like it, as it is used more often than not as a cowardly way to anonymously flame people.

Where else would you have put this?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I activated the rep system grudgingly... I actually don't like it, as it is used more often than not as a cowardly way to anonymously flame people.

More reddit esque?
                        MRT
                        37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                        30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                        27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                        Originally posted by Tippey764
                        I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                        sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          I would have put in the Rules and News thread but that's just me.
                          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

The Premium members thread!!! I haven't had money to get mine back, but as one of it's pioneers I think it's a feature I like and willing to pay for again in the future!

Secretly I would love to have an email address from this site!!! Looks good for car type stuff, also I do know the issues it can cause as well.
                            The CB7 Collector.
                            Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                            92 LX Coupe F22A1
                            2013 Toyota Corolla S
                            92 EX Sedan F22A1
                            Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I've been looking into the email address thing. I had one, but it got HAMMERED with spam. I had no idea how to stop it. The address still exists, but I haven't even looked at it in ages!

I wonder if I could find a service that basically offers a redirect service... ****@cb7tuner.com, but all messages just bounce off that address, to another email box (like gmail.) Something that wouldn't rape our bandwidth

Comment

Working...
                              X