Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just for fun, here's a JDM Ford Mustang.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for fun, here's a JDM Ford Mustang.

Some 40k miles JDM V8s would be a nice swap for our cars.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I wonder how popular the V8s are over there. Hell, even the V6 is pretty large!

Comment

That's funny. When the explorer debuted they had JDM models as well..with rear fogs lol

Comment

Anyone seen the shooting brake Mustang concept?

Comment

I don't get it... still looks LHD to me. What? ^^

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
            It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

They have LHD cars in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                They have LHD cars in Japan.

Comment

What exactly does for say that makes it JDM? I thought All their vehicles were made in the US and built "Ford tough" what's with this?

I mean I love me a good mustang but why try to make it Japanese? This car IS american muscle why change that?

Comment

Originally posted by mappyCB7 View Post
                    What exactly does for say that makes it JDM? I thought All their vehicles were made in the US and built "Ford tough" what's with this?

I mean I love me a good mustang but why try to make it Japanese? This car IS american muscle why change that?
                    JDM means "Japanese Domestic Market" meaning it complies with all regulations and road rules required for sale in Japan.

Just like USDM means the car was built to comply with all US MVSS laws.

It is still a Mustang, it was just built to conform to Japanese laws. That is where the term "JDM" originally came from. It was when US guys would take AUTHENTIC Japanese Honda parts and fit them onto their car that previously had a USDM part on it.
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Exactly. And that was my reason for making this post... to see how long it took before someone didn't know what JDM meant. It seems many people these days have no idea what that term means.

Comment

JDM means it has to be red and from Ebay?
                        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                          JDM means it has to be red and from Ebay?
                          lol.

I wonder what the tax bracket is for that big of displacement. I mean when the accord gained an extra .2 liters it obliterated its economy status.

Comment

Even the V6 is 4.0L, isn't it?
                            I can't navigate the Japanese site very well. I wonder if they have smaller engine options. The turbo 4 from the Focus ST would move the Mustang respectably well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Even the V6 is 4.0L, isn't it?
                              I can't navigate the Japanese site very well. I wonder if they have smaller engine options. The turbo 4 from the Focus ST would move the Mustang respectably well.
                              looks like the australian version will come with either the v8 or turbo 4.. so Id guess so will the JDM.

"The new 2.3-litre turbocharged four-cylinder will be available in Australia as the muscle car’s base engine. It is expected to be priced from about $45,000."

"The entry-level 2.3-litre four-cylinder is the newest engine in Ford’s ‘EcoBoost’ range of engines that combine turbocharging and direct fuel injection to achieve the power of a bigger engine but economy of a smaller one."

"In the Ford Mustang, the turbo will produce 227kW at 5500rpm and 407Nm between 2500 and 4500rpm, according to the US specs.

That flat torque ‘curve’ promises plenty on the driveability front, and while fuel economy figures have yet to be provided, the engine will also be the most efficient of the three offered."

cruising the JP ford website,seems they have only the v8 and v6 options.. 4.3 million Yen..wowzers.

Maybe Japan's tax by displacement stance has changed since the mid 90s I dont know.

Comment

Working...
                              X