Certi-Fit: How do they operate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certi-Fit: How do they operate?

anyone ever use certi-fit for parts? just wondering how they operate... like do i just walk in and order a part?

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Yup, just walk in. You can call ahead too in order to make sure it's in stock. My local guys are great, but your mileage may vary.

Go here: http://www.certifit.com

You can find a local branch and check to see what they carry. Can't check current stock, but you can see if they carry a part.

One caveat though, some of their parts look kind of cheap, so take a good look. I bought a lip for a GMC truck and it was made of polyethylene and not ABS, not a bad thing but cheap.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

yea there's supposedly a shop right downt he street from my house so i'll go check it out next time i am home. right now i'm at school hopefully they carry some good stuff

BTW:: what's the Item Description for a 5th gen OEM front lip... is it this:

-Bumper Cover, front (94-95) 4 cylinder engine

or maybe this...

-Air Spoiler, front (94-95) 4 cylinder engine
      Last edited by shimoto; 04-13-2005, 02:29 PM.

Click Here for My Member's Page | Free money for searching the web. Needs PayPal account

Comment

Air Spoiler, front (94-95) 4 cylinder engine
        this is what you want^^^^^^^^^^^.. bumper cover is the bumper

Comment

alright, thanks fourshort. another quick question, are these authentic OEM parts or just remakes of them? i doubt they are authentic...

Comment

Correct, they are not OEM parts, they are aftermarket.

Pretty darn close to spec, but some things are different, like materials.

But the price is also waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less than a dealer.
            Bart: What's your name?
            Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Their fit isn't always perfect...on things like a lip it doesn't matter, but you can tell with things such as hoods.

Comment

There're fitment is in the name, Sorta-Fit ,right? thats what i call them.
                JDM H22a
                P2T4 tranny
                I/E, CM ultra-light flywheel and CM stage 1 clutch
                16x7 Rota C8's in bronze
                nitto neo gen, 205/50/16
                custom short throw shifter
                Tokico Illumina RAK Coilovers
                Power Stop Cross-Drilled Rotors, Honda Pads
                Honda Torneo Shift Boot and Knob

Comment

mauri gave this to me. (excalibur02) the 5th gen ex lip is part number 1195 and the 90-91 ex lip is 2295
                  My Members Ride page!

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
                    Their fit isn't always perfect...on things like a lip it doesn't matter, but you can tell with things such as hoods.
                    deever's hood looks darn near perfect... and the fenders work pretty well too... i think certifit is a much better option than those cheap ebay body panels, im gonna have to stop by there in the near future to fix my front end. the only other cheap option is junkyarding, but the panels arent always perfect. but they come OEM painted, if u can find ur color...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cpmike
                      deever's hood looks darn near perfect... and the fenders work pretty well too... i think certifit is a much better option than those cheap ebay body panels, im gonna have to stop by there in the near future to fix my front end. the only other cheap option is junkyarding, but the panels arent always perfect. but they come OEM painted, if u can find ur color...
                      Oh I'm not saying they're not great...but my friend's Civic has a Certifit hood, and he's not 100% pleased. But still a great option and something I'd use if god forbid I need to.

Comment

Working...
                      X