I remembered my password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remembered my password

Hey guys, long time no chat. I'm just starting to get my life back on track from my move up to the great white north. I now have both of my rebuilt CB7s with me up here. I'm starting to find the local junk yards and I'm also getting close to being able to produce stuff at work to toy around with. I'm thinking of cutting and welding a front and rear strut bar for my golden SE. The LX has been our drive everywhere car, it has been getting amazing gas mileage since the rebuild in Texas last year, haven't even had to turn a wrench under the hood since the rebuild either. The new clutch is fully broken in and the car runs like a top.

I have been lurking around the site a bit, just never logged in because I went through a password changing phase and forgot my password here. I could have just emailed the deev but was lazy and didn't.

Anyway sorry for the long story, just thought I would stop in and say hi. I'll try and be around more but can't make any promises. I'm currently servicing both CB7s and rebuilding a 1989 S10 Blazer as well as a 1970s Swisher Big Mow so I'm tied up pretty well other than working 50+ hours a week and dealing with two young children.

Glad to see you diehards never quit.

Maybe now I can finish my removal and installation thread...

Well, well, well. I was wondering if you'd frozen to death up there. Glad to hear that things are on the upswing now, though. I've added a few cars since you've been to the house last.

Do you ever see yourself visiting Texas in the near future or do you not have any relatives here any longer?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm driving the LX back down in November for turkey day and to grab some of my shop tools and car parts... Gotta get some smoked and deep fried turkey from my friends and family in Central Tejas.

These Yankees up here don't know about smoked turkey or fried turkey, but don't tell them that.

Starting next spring the gold cb7 gets some new bells and whistles! The place I work for has flat and tube lasers as well as brake presses welding and powder coating capabilities.

You are still toying with the white CB7 right Jarrett?

Comment

I am, sort of. It's a back burner project now. I recently flew to Seattle to get the same exact car, only in much better condition. No rust, great paint, and a flawless interior. All so I can tear it apart, too.

I also bought a couple of CL Type-S 6-speeds. One to fix up and drive and the other to swap into a CG2 Accord that I have.

Then there is a white 1992 LX sedan that will ultimately be a friend's car when I'm done fixing it and another 1993 LX coupe parts car that I told you about a year ago. It's been a busy year. I've wasted a lot of money and learned that I don't make wise decisions with cars too often.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I don't think many of us on here make wise decisions with cars other than owning CB7s.

Wish I was around to see the CL to Accord swap, that sounds like a fun time.

I have only seen one other CB7 in my area since I moved up. I have the only two rust free CB7s for the area.

Unfortunately though I ran the gold car ragged this winter as it was my only transport and I live down a dusty long gravel road. It goes on dollies and gets pushed into the corner of the garage in the next two weeks. The F22A6 is coming out and being torn down. I have arranged for it to be sleeved at a shop in the twin cities. The MP1A transmission will be in the car this winter with a new turbo'd power plant.

I'm still on the fence with my H22 project too, I might scrap it for a H23 VTEC build, there is a guy here selling his project civic with an H23 VTEC in it for around the cost of the motor and it is in decent shape and sounds strong. I still have 80% of my shop in Texas ... The H23 would go in my LX.

Also I have a 350cid build going on to replace my 262cid in my 89 S10 Blazer that will go in next spring once I get around to the suspension and tire swap. By then I might also have to invest in either a rebuilt 700R4 or a 4L60E and a custom transmission controller. Lord knows I need something to get out of my driveway this winter.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 08-28-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X