motor swap suppliers let's put the word out on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor swap suppliers let's put the word out on here

I'm not sure if this has been done or not. But I'd like for everyone to make a list of the good swap suppliers and the ones to stay far away from.

I know there's hmotorsonline at the top I will keep updating this list so that no one else will fall victim. I think this would be nice to have as far as a heads-up

Good vendors. //////// Bad vendors
    Hmotorsonline. //////// Japan star motors
    Last edited by h22sparkle; 11-06-2014, 02:11 PM.

I used Japan star motors and it was a big fail.
    the motor that was said to be 50,000 miles or less looked like it had well over a couple 100,000. The amount of sludge caused me to loose most oil pressure and throw a rod bearing after only putting 50 miles on motor. This also caused issues with other parts of the motor that require oil.
    A lot of the electrical components where shot along with plenty of broken connectors. Customer service was also a fail. There sorry excuse for a warranty hardly gives you enough time to get the motor and get it installed with any reliable amount of test time on the road. Sure I saved 200 dollars in the beginning but it turned out costing much more then if I would have went to a legit company. I would not recommend or ever return to them.

Comment

^ An inspection before install, both to look for sludge inside the engine and of at least the visual quality of the engine harness, could have avoided the hassle. It's a used engine - you wouldn't blindly throw a junkyard motor in, would you?

Is it fair to call 'importer X' a bad company just because one person had a bad experience and spread their story all around the web? No one's going to have a spotless reputation, and while companies such as Tiger get jumped on all the time, I've heard (there's that word!) others say they've gone to them a few times and have received nothing but solid engines.

Suppose these companies have been trying lately to improve their reputation while we're all unaware because we're not active customers... this kind of condemnation is only going to hurt them further when they could actually be trying to fix their ways. You never know.
      Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-06-2014, 07:40 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        ^ An inspection before install, both to look for sludge inside the engine and of at least the visual quality of the engine harness, could have avoided the hassle. It's a used engine - you wouldn't blindly throw a junkyard motor in, would you?

Is it fair to call 'importer X' a bad company just because one person had a bad experience and spread their story all around the web? No one's going to have a spotless reputation, and while companies such as Tiger get jumped on all the time, I've heard (there's that word!) others say they've gone to them a few times and have received nothing but solid engines.

Suppose these companies have been trying lately to improve their reputation while we're all unaware because we're not active customers... this kind of condemnation is only going to hurt them further when they could actually be trying to fix their ways. You never know.
        But the first time is a good impression sludge in the motor is unacceptable. I dealt with hmotorsonline but at least they rectified the situation I had with them at that time and made good on it.

Comment

I'm sorry I thought the topic was putting the word out about engine suppliers. Sure, so far I'm the only one that stated they had a bad experience with JSM, well how about if ten more people post and say they had the same experience. Would it be " harming" there rep then or just relaying the facts ?
          You shouldn't buy a 2,000 dollar motor and plan to do a complete overhaul on it.
          I opened up the valve cover and oil pan and cleaned it out as best as possible and also replaced all the normal stuff when swapping a motor. The result was a seized motor.
          If it would have been equipment failure alone I may not have Givin this company Two thumbs down. But because I started getting ignored by them when the problems got bad I take it as they know they are selling crap but can still make a dime here and there. So for that I have no problem putting them on blast and saying what happen no matter how many people it deters . Be my guest cyborg, buy a motor from them and then go ahead and give us your review.

Comment

I actually bought my first h22a1 swap from Japan Star Motors. Really it's hit or miss.

That motor lasted from 2008 until 2011.

hmotors is great but still over priced especially now that the h22s have taken a back seat to the K series.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

From the other thread: a bad vendor would be Osaka JDM Motors
              *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
              ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
              ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
              "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
              Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
              The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
              Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

These "$2000 motors" only cost 2000 because you're willing to pay that much. Anything in the world, no matter what it is, is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Art is a great example of this; people pay millions for what is in my eyes pretty lazy scribbling and all it's good for is sticking on your wall to look at while bragging to other hoity-toity types about how much you paid for it. DOHC VTEC motors are in demand, which drives the price up. You could stumble across the same engine in a junkyard or at a specialty parts recycler and get it for much less because these places sell them as "an engine/long block/etc" and not the "rare-ish performance engine" that an enthusiast would view it as. Used is used; basic inspections and maintenance is a no-brainer. I bought my H from HMO with promises of only "40k miles" and still did the basic gaskets, belts, plugs/wires, etc. I still took off the oil pan and valve cover to have a little bit of a root around. It's insurance.
                Last edited by CyborgGT; 11-09-2014, 12:09 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                X