Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seatbelt tickets are for the intelligent rebel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a seatbelt ticket while wearing the seatbelt. Didn't fight it cause I'd rather pay $15 than go to court.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      I got a seatbelt ticket while wearing the seatbelt. Didn't fight it cause I'd rather pay $15 than go to court.
      I'd rather spend millions if I thought the grounds on which I was ticketed was in violation of my rights.

You now see how hard it can be to prove if the seat belt was worn or not after your experience. What if the low financial penalty represented this fact? It deterred you from pursuing legal action against false accusations. Can you see what door this opens and where I'm coming from on this aspect? Just one more reason why I don't support seat belt laws.

edit...

-

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22 View Post
      Seat belt use significantly lowers medical costs incurred by your insurance company or government (whomever ends up footing the bill). Personally, as a tax payer and insured driver, I do NOT want to have my rates go up because some idiot refused to wear their seat belt.

Again, seat belts are not required on mass transit. Ride the fucking bus if you can't wear a fucking seat belt!
      You ride the bus. Your the one who has a problem with it. And what your suggesting actually sheds light on the weak foundation in which you stand on.

You rely on laws for protection. Laws are just ideas put on paper to be implemented by governments. They themselves have no physical effects and have no physical existence. I say this because you mention riding the bus as mass transit has no seat belts. Well wouldn't the bus benefit from seat belts? Sure it would! You bet! But it's not a law... And therefore your fine and dandy with it. Now I have to ask, is it safety you truly want here or is it to follow the laws regardless of what they are? Evidently your not really concerned with safety... or you would support the implementation of seat belts on public transit instead of stating the lack of seat belts as out.

Seat belt use significantly lowers medical costs incurred by your insurance company.
      I'll cut this quote short because I live in the US and not Canada. No tax payers foot my medical bills and the laws in this discussion thus far are about US laws and not Canadian.

People pay their insurance company for a service. Not wearing a seat belt, being an added risk action is no different that participating in any other activity of increased risk. If one wants to ride ATV's and gets in an accident should they not be treated for their injuries? Should their medical insurance rates go up because they ride ATV's? Basically, should we be limited by our insurance company on what we can do in our personal lives? Sounds kinda messed up to me... just saying.

As for car insurance your bill isn't effected by the actions of anyone else. I don't feel that I need to elaborate on this anymore. But you didn't state whether you were referring to medical insurance or car insurance so I addressed this as well.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-20-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

If a seat belt ticket was $100+ & points added towards a suspended license (like it is where I live), I think you guys would be signing a different tune!
        Originally posted by cb7dazz
        And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        ...for example

Comment

https://youtu.be/vIy58uk83Hk
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

https://youtu.be/q4v8H1pd48w
            I <3 G60.

Comment

you know what? don't wear your seatbelt. i love watching those people getting ejected and sliding across the concrete. ive watched hundreds of videos on liveleak and i know when someone is crit or dead when they ragdoll and don't get up.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

It's not really about wearing it or not wearing it. It's about legalities. That was the subject of the OP.

Seat belts save lives. That's a fact. But who cares if someone else doesn't want to wear one.

This is the only forum I frequent where people are so stuck up the asses of everyone else. Whether is be over a safety device or selling a vehicle. And its never out of concern, it's typically judgement of others. Just an observation.

Comment

Now when I get in the passenger seat of a newer car the car beeps frantically like someone hit the ejector seat button. I dont get it, its like honda forgot they sell motorcycles too.
                  In both of the bad accendents I have been in I was happy with the performance of my safety practices, basically no injuries for me. Maybe three bad accedents depends on your definition of bad. Honestly though in one I may have had the automatic shoulder harness on in my civic.
                  Honestly now sometimes I wear a belt, my accord is a 1991 with the auto shoulder harness so that happens.
                  My truck never, unless a cop pulls up behind me.
                  There are also accedents the belt does harm. My brother was t-boned by a drunk driver doing maybe 60-70-80 through a stop sign. It was a good thing he ended up in the back passenger seat of his carolla because the driver seat was not habitable. Im thinking if he had his seatbelt on the reports would not read the seatbelt killed him. Thats why seatbelts only save lives.
                  Last edited by cb7 calling; 05-21-2015, 07:53 AM.
                  ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Yes josh. Also, the last belt ticket I got.. I was in the passenger seat and took it off to get the wallet out of my pocket to pay for drive through food for my wife. I forgot to put it back on as we lived less than 2 mines from the restaurant.

I go to Mexico every summer to visit family. The court date was scheduled for the 21st of July. I come home from Mexico, and go to the courthouse on the 18th. Turns out that they changed my court date without notifying me, and I was to pay a $215 ticket rather than $15.

I absofuckinglutely hate these laws. All they do is give probable cause for pulling you over. At the point in your life where you can drive, you know that car accidents can kill you. Ones morality should make them wear the belt, not Uncle Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                      Yes josh. Also, the last belt ticket I got.. I was in the passenger seat and took it off to get the wallet out of my pocket to pay for drive through food for my wife. I forgot to put it back on as we lived less than 2 mines from the restaurant.

I go to Mexico every summer to visit family. The court date was scheduled for the 21st of July. I come home from Mexico, and go to the courthouse on the 18th. Turns out that they changed my court date without notifying me, and I was to pay a $215 ticket rather than $15.

I absofuckinglutely hate these laws. All they do is give probable cause for pulling you over. At the point in your life where you can drive, you know that car accidents can kill you. Ones morality should make them wear the belt, not Uncle Sam.
                      That happens quite often. Just be glad they didn't issue a warrant for your arrest instead. It's the courts/the clerk or whatever that sometimes make these errors. Sometimes the prosecutors office as well

I agree and being pulled over anymore isn't a good thing. With police/citizen relationships deteriorated like they are the police are always on guard. Being pulled over can make for a dangerous situation.

Ones morality should make them wear the belt, not Uncle Sam.
                      Bingo. That's my point. Maybe not "morality" but that's close enough I suppose. You should choose to use a seat belt.
                      Last edited by H311RA151N; 05-21-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

You have a choice, wear one or not! Make your choice and live with the consequences.

Personally I don't see the problem. It's been a law up here since the mid 70's. For me to buckle up or put on a helmet is now second nature.

Seems like it's just something else for people to complain about.... Oh my rights and freedoms have been taken away again!.....lmao What some people would consider common sense or morality can also fall into the Darwin category!
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-22-2015, 01:56 PM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

LMAO at rights being taken away.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST save some tin foil for my lunch would you.

No one is taking your rights away.

Since driving is a privilege and not a right, they are able to enforce seat belt laws on POV.

Mass transit is different, and it should be required to buckle up but then you run the risk of enforcing it.....

who the bus driver? So he can get stabbed over arguing with some fucking asshole about wearing a seatbelt for HIS safety?

Nope.

Just keep on driving without your belt, to "stick it to the man".

Scraping you from the road will be no different then the limitless road kill that lines the road.

I always find it funny about these people who fight the law on every fucking thing so that they can sleep better at night.

In 50 +/- years we will all be dead and life will continue on. The laws will continue on. You not wearing a seat belt and arguing with the police will have done NOTHING.

So stop crying like a fucking baby and wear the damn thing.

Comment

I had to check to see when they implemented seat belt laws here as I couldn't remember. It was 1997.

Missouri Revised Statutes

Chapter 307
                            Vehicle Equipment Regulations

Seat belts required for passenger cars--passenger cars defined--exceptions--failure to comply, effect on evidence and damages--penalty--passengers in car exceeding number of seat belts not violation for failure to use.

307.178. 1. As used in this section, the term "passenger car" means every motor vehicle designed for carrying ten persons or less and used for the transportation of persons; except that, the term "passenger car" shall not include motorcycles, motorized bicycles, motor tricycles and trucks with a licensed gross weight of twelve thousand pounds or more.

They revised it August 28th 2014.

307.178. 1. As used in this section, the term "passenger car" means every motor vehicle designed for carrying ten persons or less and used for the transportation of persons; except that, the term "passenger car" shall not include motorcycles, motorized bicycles, motor tricycles, and trucks with a licensed gross weight of twelve thousand pounds or more.

Like I said, 12,000lbs or more. At 18,000lbs my truck is considered a commercial vehicle. Thought that was kinda strange when I first found that out. I knew about the seat belt regulation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                              LMAO at rights being taken away.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST save some tin foil for my lunch would you.

No one is taking your rights away.

Since driving is a privilege and not a right, they are able to enforce seat belt laws on POV.

Mass transit is different, and it should be required to buckle up but then you run the risk of enforcing it.....

who the bus driver? So he can get stabbed over arguing with some fucking asshole about wearing a seatbelt for HIS safety?

Nope.

Just keep on driving without your belt, to "stick it to the man".

Scraping you from the road will be no different then the limitless road kill that lines the road.

I always find it funny about these people who fight the law on every fucking thing so that they can sleep better at night.

In 50 +/- years we will all be dead and life will continue on. The laws will continue on. You not wearing a seat belt and arguing with the police will have done NOTHING.

So stop crying like a fucking baby and wear the damn thing.
                              Surprise surprise! It's you again, back from the dead and making the same old statements about the same old shit. Honestly, I missed you Ralphie...

If you remember I quit bothering with addressing your "views" for lack of a better term that you post on here long ago. Because they're fucked. And I really don't have a whole lot of time today. I will say though, I like the comment about scraping me up dead.

In case you missed it which you obviously did... I don't have to wear the damn thing. Your slipping. You used to stomp me down with near absolute precision. What happened?

You know why I like you Ralphie? Cause you don't hesitate or beat around the bush with being an ass to me. You come right out of the gate with it. And I'm not being sarcastic either I'm being serious.

Comment

I never wear mine. Paid a couple $5 tickets, been in a couple accidents, haven't died yet.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Working...
                                X