No announcement yet.

Cross Country Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we were in my tundra 5.7L v8 and towing my wife's Nissan rouge. So gas wise a lot more then yours. If I remember right it was around $600 give or take $100. Where do you plan to stop in Florida? Or are you making it a straight shot to Tampa?
    One of my favorite parts was driving through Cali, I didn't realize how mountainous north cal was and how big redwoods are!
    I love the picture from the house! These pictures make me miss the west coast even though I prefer the east coast.
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 07-18-2015, 08:38 PM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      When I made my drive down from Whidbey Island, WA to Jacksonville, FL we took Sunset highway all the way down the I-10 across is was very beautiful. When you hit florida you will wish you had A/C just to warn you. Its very hot here. Love the pictures man!
      Thanks, and trust me this is not my first summer in FL. I would visit my grandma in Naples and I remember it being pretty harsh in traffic.

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
      Awesome! I plan on driving from nj to cali next winter for vacation, making stops in different states along the way. I love seeing other people making cross country trips like this!

How much did it cost you in gas if you dont mind me asking?
      Honestly I do not have a clue, but gas was pretty consistent for low octane between $2.50 and $3.00. The jeep was not too friendly on gas but we got 23mpg which is higher than the EPA estimates of 18mpg going 90mph at times (scary in something this top heavy). Estimate is $250. We were around $500 with fast food and hotels and gas.

Here is some from PC.

Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        Well we were in my tundra 5.7L v8 and towing my wife's Nissan rouge. So gas wise a lot more then yours. If I remember right it was around $600 give or take $100. Where do you plan to stop in Florida? Or are you making it a straight shot to Tampa?
        One of my favorite parts was driving through Cali, I didn't realize how mountainous north cal was and how big redwoods are!
        I love the picture from the house! These pictures make me miss the west coast even though I prefer the east coast.
        Stopping in Panama City for a family vacation then I am taking 2 days during this vacation to visit a friend of mine in Tampa.

Oh and here is a house from the city. Nice little secluded area on top of a hill. My granddad built it in 1990.

Comment

I am definitely buying one of these when I get home. The one I rented is 50cc which is fun as hell but maybe 150cc to go past 50mph if needed.

Comment

You have to have a motorcycle license to drive anything over 50cc where I live.
            It hurts my soul. It's 250 bucks and you have to take classes.

Edit: I was born in Tampa! Go to Cigar City

Comment

Apparently in Ohio you can just pay $20 for a permit for a year and just keep renewing it. Probably will go that route since I am still unsure how permanent my stay in OH is. Also considering Auburn University for their B-Architecture program.

Comment

Made it to Tampa and met up with a good friend of 7 years and had some fun. Smoked cigars and did burnouts in his Mustang. The Jeep did great until this morning. So me and my friend who joined me for the road trip left the top in Panama City and it rained overnight and the battery went out and when we got it started it would not hold idle, a constant clicking from the signal clicker thing, and the right signal working half the time. I got it to hold idle after driving around the block and got the engine to warm up so closed loop mode got fucked. I go to Tampa airport and drop my friend off to head back to Seattle at 4:00 and I get stuck in rush hour with typhoon weather and no top. I was legitimately crying (not like you could tell with being drenched) frantically trying to find an exit somewhere with such limited view and a few close calls with spinning around. My GPS got too wet, have no way to charge the phone in the car, and little battery on my phone left. So I got a hotel for the night and my mom is renting a truck and bringing the top over and saving my ass since it will be raining for the next few days.

So today is the furthest the road trip in the Jeep will be going South. It was a very memorable trip and I am glad I did it. When I can I will be uploading all the pictures I have and just put a link to the library they will be uploaded to.

Comment

always loved those far off views from the highways.

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Working...
                  X