No announcement yet.

Amazon Fire TV/Stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well according to the internet, not very hard. A lot of people, like the guy who posted a few above mine, seem to have no issues.

I haven't spent a lot of time with it because I am in my last week of undergrad and I should be writing papers right now actually lol.

I installed a bunch of add-ons(basically an app within an app that links you to the free streams). Like I said, the Disney movie one worked great as did the Israeli tv one. I was streaming live cartoons from Israel.

I had trouble with the movie ones but I did not invest a lot of time in it. I kept getting an error so either I did something wrong or the links are dead.

There is definitely hassle involved, but I think it's one of those things where you have to update the content and keep updated on the best add-ons at the moment.

For $40 though, you get the live stuff AND an easy cheap way to stream HD and SD content from your PC to the tv. Pictures and music as well.

Haven't tested those, but id assume they'd work fine. All I did was setup a plex account and install it on my PC. It organizes my media and then I connect to it from either my ps3 or the Amazon stick. The amazon stick actually takes setting up but the ps3 just finds it and you can browse the shares on my PC.

The great thing about PLEX, is if you want to watch your media on the go, you can buy the app on iphone/android at a one-time fee and then watch your media in full 1080p on your handheld device. When I get time im going to do that for my Samsung Galaxy Tab as I watch movies on it when I work overtime.
    Last edited by Ralphie; 03-23-2016, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Dev, I run Kodi on my livingroom PC now and it is pretty neat. You load add-ons into it that you download from sites. Add-ons = tv stations or feeds. If you stick with it for a while you'll have all the TV you want. It also can pull TV feeds from people who are sharing from their PVR or dish. But one note, it is not live TV. Just commercial free, stations. I've been watching "Leave it to Brian" on the HDTV for weeks now.

ie - loaded the Canada HDTV and have 50+ channels in there, and inside one of them is all the episodes of some show.

Comment

Correction- it IS live tv.

This weekend is loaded up News 12 NJ, which is a local news channel for the NY/NJ area.

It was in the middle of a LIVE broadcast of the weather...

I then switched the input of my receiver over to my cable box and tuned to channel 12. What would you know, SAME broadcast.

So some of these feeds are LIVE tv feeds, others are shared media from dvrs etc.

Im digging it so far.

Comment

Working...
        X