Foofy cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foofy cb7

Hey guys. Been gone for a while. Sold the Accord and bought a dsm because I hate owning a running car or having extra money in the bank account. But anyway, we all know that the cb7 community has been more than aware of the usage of dsm parts to turbo the f22a. Well it seems that the dsm community has finally learned this and one of their guru's has even made a video about it. I introduce to you.... Foofy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IGtdhl2N6tc

These cars just keep on surprising people, I love it!

I'm not a turbo guy, but that video has me wanting to boost an F. Even though I've been familiar with the merits of the F22A for some time now. Almost makes me ashamed to be one of those that threw it out for an H... almost, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Near-stock N/A H22A or properly built and boosted F22A are pretty much the only engines I'd ever want in a CB7!
      I remember seeing that going around on Facebook a little while back. I thought it was here, but apparently this is the first mention of Foofy.

It's a shame the F22A spins backwards. It would be nice as an alternative to the 4G63, as I assume they're probably becoming less common now... since people like to boost them until they pop!

Comment

The only 4g63's that are available really are either beat to piss stock bottom ends or built and often times stroked. There's no happy medium. And just like in every other car scene... that stock 7 bolt with spun bearing and smashed valves is for sale for $600.

I've had nothing but trouble with mine. Had to replace head gasket and transmission just in the first year. Now I'm getting ready to completely overhaul the front brakes and suspension and then move onto the rear. I often miss the days of having an Accord... until I hit 20 psi lol

Comment

DSMs tend to have two speeds... fast, and broken.
          I always wanted a Galant VR4. The closest thing to a stock turbo AWD CB7... and unlike later Mitsubishi products, the interior was actually top notch! Should've gotten one when they were a few grand. Now, if you can find one, they're $10,000+

Comment

Not a bad timing belt video in there. Lookout ETCG!
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That was great lol.

what a hodge podge of shit.

Comment

Jafro is the ETCG of the dsm community. Great guy to talk to as well.

Comment

it is an interesting take on blown ringlands though. I never considered it to be from rings running out of gap from thermal expansion and effectively putting the brakes on the piston via the ringlands. I had always assumed it was from force and pressure created by combustion or detonation. I wonder how long foofy will hold up in the hands of people well adept at putting junk together and making things work. Jafro is a rad dude because of how thorough he is. Very meticulous and very mechanically inclined and motivated to do a lot on a very very small budget. I hope he does a foofy follow up whether it lasts or not. I plan on running K20 rods with hyundai genesis turbo pistons in a jdm f23 with an f22a head and a spare 14b and 450 injectors that came with my 95 tsi awd. More Frankenstein than foofy, but hopefully it'll all look oem and be about 200-250hp reliably without piston slap and decreased longevity that come with forged pistons. rod stroke will be less than ideal but I can live with a lower redline.

Comment

You're gonna wanna change that turbo real quick with that setup. The 14b is already technically too small for the f22a. Now using a hx35 with the bep bolt on dsm housing would be nearly perfect. Crazy fast spool and you won't be compressing enough air to really make it hot so intake temps would be crazy low.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
                      You're gonna wanna change that turbo real quick with that setup. The 14b is already technically too small for the f22a. Now using a hx35 with the bep bolt on dsm housing would be nearly perfect. Crazy fast spool and you won't be compressing enough air to really make it hot so intake temps would be crazy low.
                      It's not too small. It's been explained here:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172771

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Sonik knows! plus I'll be able to run the 14b more in it's efficiency range being at pressures it was designed to operate at with stronger pistons inside. and I'm going to be using the cooling ports on it also because that's how it was designed and engineered to be used. eventually I'll step up to an e316g or an fp green and see just how capable this hyundai honda mitsubishi bastard child can be.

Comment

Working...
                        X