Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Civic -R Coming to Canada this summer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    On a seperate note, I can't see 40 year old men with famlies buying these.
    I guess it depends on if the 40yr old likes or has owned an NSX, ITR or S2000. Its for honda fans. Its not for everyone so that's why it's a TYPE R . I like that honda brought back the type r. Mitsubishi just dropped the evo, and subaru hasn't done anything cool except the frs/ft86/brz.

I do agree that the new body style for the ctr is too flashy, but flashy sells cars.

I wish car manufacturers would produce limited runs of popular retro models...if I could buy a slightly updated 2000 si for 18k I'd do it in a second.

Or if they did a bare bones ctr. All amenities are options and it handles like a beast.
    Last edited by kseriescivic; 03-11-2017, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Yeah throwback releases.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Originally posted by kseriescivic View Post
        Or if they did a bare bones ctr. All amenities are options and it handles like a beast.
        Any Type R should be bare bones, that's how they've always been, so this new one confuses me a bit in that way. Honda traditionally got really nerdy about weight reduction, basically giving you a street legal race car. Still, this new car does supposedly handle like a beast. A few people have claimed to have driven them already, but even if you don't believe them, the FK2 that's been out for a bit now handles like a beast.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          I don't know if you'd call it a previous generation or a pre-facelift, but the last model that the enthusiast countries got:

Brief overview in the beginning here, plus some comparison details to the EK9 throughout:
          FK2 is a completely different car chassis wise compared to this new one.

It still had the torsion beam rear end and the new one is back to IRS. The rest of the car is completely different too, so this one will be much stiffer, should be a bit lighter, etc.
          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I didn't know Europe's getting ten more bhp...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I have been thinking if I remember correctly the Canadian ek civics where lx=dx,
              Ex=lx, si=ex and sir=si. What if they release the type r in Canada and it's closer to the si we get and we get a 350 hp type r? I remember seeing a plaque in a photo next to the k20c and it read all the stats one of them was hp configurable from 240-370 ish. That was at an auto show it was unveiled at.
              They recently announced the si will also be 2.0 liter turbo which gives room for this scenario.
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

I don't think they'd do that. Type R is more than just a trim level in Honda world! That would be totally mean, though.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                  I don't know if you'd call it a previous generation or a pre-facelift, but the last model that the enthusiast countries got:

Brief overview in the beginning here, plus some comparison details to the EK9 throughout:
                  Interesting first vid. Not sure if the results would be the same if it were dry where the BMW can dig in from a start.

And if you had the $ but had to choose between the three of them, which one would you choose?

Comment

Working...
                  X