Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might need to buy another car for a work commute. Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
    Bucees on 45 is it not? I'm guessing you went to check out that world famous chocolaty gulf water? Are you from Houston?
    I think my daughter often gets her gas there.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      Bucees on 45 is it not? Im guessing you went to check out that world famous chocolatey gulf water? Are you fron Houston?
      That's the one! My parents live out there and I drive instead of fly.

Mike- what's your commute like for work? I've driven the Miata just as much weekly for six months when the Jetta was down and before I got the Fit. This included taking it to NJ and Philly regularly. The only thing I was scared of was getting rear ended at the 168 exit on 295.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        I think my daughter often gets her gas there.
        Originally posted by Julianachos View Post
        I haven't been out there in years, that used to be our fishing spot and be there almost every weekend thru my middle school days, i live almost 2 hours away and since the fishing was not great for me there the last 5 times i went i just never went back. The water around the dike has been very shallow after Ike due to all the sand they used to reconstruct the area, also last time i went out there i stopped at damn near every gas station all the bay to Dickingson because nobody would accept the only bill i had to pump gas.

Man that is a hell of alot of driving you guys do to down here.
        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Mike- what's your commute like for work? I've driven the Miata just as much weekly for six months when the Jetta was down and before I got the Fit. This included taking it to NJ and Philly regularly. The only thing I was scared of was getting rear ended at the 168 exit on 295.
          That's where I'm most afraid as well. People are crazy. Especially with the construction stuff just before 168 heading north! The Miata is practically invisible to crazy drivers (the Cadillac often goes unseen!) The miata also tries to shake itself to bits. It's better with the frame rails, but still not great.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            That's where I'm most afraid as well. People are crazy. Especially with the construction stuff just before 168 heading north! The Miata is practically invisible to crazy drivers (the Cadillac often goes unseen!) The miata also tries to shake itself to bits. It's better with the frame rails, but still not great.
            Time to get some high visibility wheels like I did.

If you wanted to save on gas, I'd just rock the Miata until you find something better. Then again I'm crazy and drive what I have everywhere.

Comment

Time to get some high visibility wheels like I did.

If you wanted to save on gas, I'd just rock the Miata until you find something better. Then again I'm crazy and drive what I have everywhere.
              I'm genuinely afraid of driving the Miata. I nearly get creamed every day in the caddy. At least that would only hurt the car. The Miata would probably kill me.

Yet I'm actually pondering an iQ.

Comment

Working...
              X